Econo Foods

Econo Foods Job Security & Advancement reviews

Clear
3,5Work-Life Balance
3,2Job Security & Advancement

A very pleasant atmosphere with small town feel. The bakery supervisor needs to learn how to treat her employees and respect them.

I would recommend this position in Bakery as long as the supervisor has learned how to manage a department treating workers fairly with respect and professional courtesy. The two employees hired before me walked out in middle of shift because they could not take it anymore. The unemployment judge ruled in my favor when I left indications it would of been mentally unhealthy for me to continue working under the bakery management that I left.

Nice Job/Ungrateful Manager

It was a cool trade to learn and experience but the manager cared more about the work than he did the employees or the customers questions. After being there for a year and a half and just working through the toxicity I had enough.

Local business that many locals look to because not much has changed

Working at Econo Foods was definitely an interesting part of my work life. It started out so positive and had many things to look forward to as far as moving up in the company. Unfortunately you will only move up if you are friends with any of the management that works there. If not you will struggle to move up and to gain raises as you try to better yourself with the company. The store manager is the real tough part of the job. He is friendly with everyone but behind closed doors doesn't really care about anyone at the end of the day. I know this store will be around for years to come, but I can't see it getting any better if they management doesn't start to appreciate it's "worker bees".

Pros

Decent schedules for those that have lives outside of work

Cons

Lots of unnecessary drama due to poor management

Overall a good place to work

I never felt uncomfortable or like other people weren’t pulling there weight. Everyone did what they had too and it all worked out. If we weren’t getting laid off I would recommend this place to everyone.

Pros

Meet some great people

Cons

Being laid off

Management made a very unstable work enviroment

In all my life I never worked for a worse company. Very poor morale which reflects from management. Very lackadaisical when comes to giving out reviews and raises. My best advice is to NEVER work here

Pros

Ok benefits if you can afford them

Cons

Management, untimely reviews, and poor store morale

Great first job, not much beyond that.

It's easy to get your foot in the door, but don't expect good raises or promotions to happen very often. Management can be irrationally hard on employees, particularly the deli, but I suppose it is effective.

Pros

Easy to get into, great benefits if you manage to get full-time

Cons

Getting full-time is next to impossible, raises/employee reviews are NEVER on time and often months late.

Not bad Not good

It wasn't the best but it wasn't the worst I worked there part time for a few months but didn't get paid enough to stay and the management was kinda sketchy.

Not a good place to work if you can't handle fast paces

I do not recommend working at econo because they are very strict about things and don't let anything slide whatsoever. You're sick? Oh that sucks you still have to come in or you're fired. You only get a 10 minute break

Pros

None.

Cons

You only get a 10 minute break.

Not a very fun place to work. A lot if high school drsma with a lot if the management

Very poor place to work. Overhead is a constant turn over. They don't appreciate you staying late, coming in on your day off, coming in when you're sick. They very much take advantage of you.

Pros

Very stresdful due to poor management. Never no raises pretty much through the whole store.

Cons

10% discount sndbpaid weekly

General Information

Honestly, it's been over 18 years since I've worked here. What I can remember is I enjoyed the job. This job was a stepping stone until I completed college and found a job in my career of Interior Design. I would have not left the position had I been able to maintain full-time hours in the floral department. This was only a part-time opening at the time. The shop has now been closed for several years once new ownership was established.

Pros

flexiblilty to work in other areas to increase hours of pay

Cons

no full-time florist position

fast-paced, interesting work environment

It was a position that was ever changing and multi-tasking was a must. I worked with many different people: vendors, sales, department managers, corporate pricing team to all come together to maximize sales. The hardest part was the many ownership and management changes that the business went through during the years that I was there. Certain areas were not always consistent with their goals and the execution of them. I learned to adapt to these different changes and tried to always take something positive out of each situations that I was able to carry over into my future career as well as my personal life.

Pros

close to home

Cons

went through many management changes

Enjoyed my time

Great work environment, sometimes. Opportunity for advancement obvious. Additional requirements plentiful. Only you will hold you back. Travel around the world and back again.

Pros

Pay is great

Cons

Some supervisors are contentious

Great experience

Is a fun and enjoyable experience to work at Econo. The people are friendly and is a great place to work. I had a lot of fun working in the deli department. I didn't quite know the location of items in the store, so when costumers asked where something was I just had to do my best to help them. I always kept myself busy and showed up on time. I would of loved to stay longer, but I had to focus on becoming a manager at my other job.

Macalester Library Review

Simple Student Customer Service job. Good management. No advancement offered.

Awesome place to work

Management are great people, always looked out for me. Fun customers, always laid back and very nice.

Pros

10% discount, free samples

Cons

no advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Econo Foods. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,5 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,0 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,2 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,2 out of 5 stars for Management
3,3 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • Econo Foods
  • Job Security & Advancement
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?