Edcon

Edcon Employee Reviews

South Africa921 reviews

Fun and productive Company to work on

Fun and productive Company to work on. Theres diversity and people and management are great.The company cares about the well being of its employees.

Pros

Incentives and stuff discoubta

Good company

It's a good company to work for, has stability and security, salary not too bad but based on how you meet your monthly targets. Managers are bad though, they think they own the company.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Targets

Productive and fun

8-4 in officeStore hours in the store.Free work environment, no shoulder surfing.Spacious work environment. Desk drawers that lock. IT requests are slow.

Pros

Free environment, work/life balance

Cons

No job security

fun workplace and productive

I really enjoyed to work for edcon ,nice benefits,overtime and good management team if feel like asking for something they won't give problems I feel like it was my home ,I worked 7 years, and I was going to work more but I got Retrenchment

Pros

free lunches

Cons

flexible hours

Excellent work environment

Working at Edcon was an honor, I felt at home and that made me thrive for the company to get where it belonged. I gained so much experience working at Edcon, I'm more productive now and I'm flexible, I can work through a lot of pressure and still meet my day, monthly obligations.

Pros

Free coffee vending machines

Cons

Fair hours

Excellent team and productive

The company allowed my to explore more avenues than my designated job title. I learnt so much and the support of Edcon and my cilleagues. There was so much room for improvement, meaning, there was potential for growth.

Pros

Employee rewards

Cons

None I can think of.

Productive and slow pace work placr

It takes time for the individual to grow at the company bacause one can spend few years working as casual employee.Life need stable job so that will assist in making some serious choices and have a stable lifestyle

Pros

Discount when buying as an employees

Cons

Odds shifts

Productive, educational and fun

I learnt how to work in a call centre, ie team work. Achieving and exceeding my targets.I learnt the problem solving skills, updating of details, team work, communication skills and the importance of proper time management.

Pros

Incentives, free lunch, staff discounts.

Cons

Working on a holiday

productive focused workplace

It was great working for Edcon did not have the best experience with the management team,also after getting into an accident i didn't get my job back though i was working on a contract for a year.

Productive and enjoyable

It was nice working with lots of people being able to problem solve and never mind working under pressure because of being reliable and trustworthy.time management was very important.the uniform has to be the image of the company it must be neat and clean.

Pros

There was an accomodation for people who stay far

Cons

You get Commission according to your work

I have to do work for the day,but have to submit do correction same time with the smile

When I learn the new task I always keep on my work book because after a while you need need to fill the gap at any given time of the day and no one can help

Pros

30 Min it's will be enough if the pressure of the work is more days are not the same

Cons

I can do the best for the day and sucrifies more time

Productive and fun to work with

Edcon was a very interesting company to work for.When I started at Edcon,I went for training at Johannesburg for 2 weeks and went to study school Dbrn.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Overtime

Edcon is a good company to work for, have some wonderful benefits. Employees are given shares twice a year, which is so exciting. You also have bonuses based on performance.

Pros

Employees shares

Cons

You need to work hard for your promotion

I have gain experience in a warehouse job from the edcon family

Being a part of edcon family was the biggest achievement of my life as it is one of the biggest clothing company in south Africa. I worked very well and enjoyed my time there.

Pros

Yes, pap and chicken, drinks

Cons

Working overtime

Team work spirit, fun and productive environment

It was a company that recognises and support its employees no matter in which position you work in the company, and had conducted trainings for staff development and also rewarded with certificate for completed trainings and awarded good work perfomances. Fun activities in between regions , national stores to create a strong bond and living one value within the stores.

Pros

Incentives

Cons

Long hours during peak season

It was productive and fun more on working as a team

Stock taking, at edcon was really fun getting to know other placeses was so exciting. I learned more about team work, team work makes our work more easier and productive, we were able to finish before 5hours because that was the maximum time we had. Without any pressure, our work was done.

Pros

Free transport after work

Cons

Arriving late at home, sometimes at dawn not being paid well

Productive and friendly environment

Edcon always put their employees on priority, they made most life facilities to be available on the premises eg, gym, crèche, learning academy, bus transport, canteen, banks, car wash etc.

Pros

Appreciation entertainments

Cons

Growth

Fast paced creative dreamland

The creative side of your brain gets worked thoroughly as there is constant meetings and strat sessions where your opinions get heard but unfortunately not everyones ideas come to fruition. At Edcon the sky was really the limit where ideas were shared. Culture was dependant on who your line manager was and sometimes their mood. Hours of work was dependant on how quickly you wanted to get promoted or when deadline was for and most of the time the deadline was yesterday. If you love fast paced, shoot from the hip, cowboy style retailing I normally called it then Edcon was for you. Edcon always had strong people but directional successful leadership was always lacking because it was always a power struggle. Strangely enough I would go back any day because they paid you enough and you were sorted in benefits to get over the negative.

Pros

Good salary no limits, room for growth, good benefits

Cons

Long hours, power struggle, politics in your face, highly fast paced

It was fun working environment

It was fun working there but there some difficult days when serving customers,The staff and management were friendly we worked as a team, punctual at..

Cons

Instantly got promoted once hired, which was fantastic...but???

Management values or should I say lack thereof & a shocking business ethos from the old school dinosaurs impacted the businesses performance directly. I was approached to consult & was instantly offered a role & came on board full time & turned the branded business around in just 3 months. Senior management were seen to resist this as I was seen as a major threat & after being promoted I became an even bigger threat. I was ecstatic to leave just after two years, as it was before it could tarnish my own personal brand, fortunately I got out well before the Titanic sank, the writing was on the wall for years due to a Management Team that within the industry weren't very highly regarded because of the way they conducted business. I saw this first hand & refused to be the same, as such I did exceptionally well with suppliers support & the business thrived until I was seen as a major threat to Senior Management. Within my first 3 months, turned a business declining by double digits in successive years to growing in excess of double figures & then thirty plus percent by the seasons end, got promoted to Divisional Management role & over hit on the Budgeted amount & grew the new department as well, this was harshly frowned upon by those who had been at the helm for the past seven years, whilst the business kept on declining in there hands.

Pros

Not many, got the package I wanted as I consulted first at my rate, but generally most werent very happy.

Cons

Senior Management Team, Dinosaurs of the industry, clueless no feel for trade, reports only, destroyed suppliers, manipulating margins, poor quality own brands, shocking Senior "Management" lack of principles, values &&&... this Poor Management ultimatley lead to its demise.

It was very productive to me because I learned how to work as an team.and to organise the room by parking clothes and numeracy

I would like to recommend this company because they gave me an opportunity to change my life and my family as by that time they was no one who was working in my family.that opportunity helps me community with different people by the way I endup working at Edgar's at sondton.edcon helps Yong tenegers to find a way of life.

Pros

We get free snack an lunch also

Cons

Normal hours if it possible for over time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edcon. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Edcon