Edcon

Clear
3,3Work-Life Balance
2,9Pay & Benefits

productive

we are working well and our transport is perfect and it's on time and they pay us good according to our working hours.And i like the the our supervisor

It was a very active job where we were required to be on our feet for the whole shift, the payment was not enough as it was less than the minimum wage.

Pros

Transportation was provided

Interesting workplace

A lot has changed since I had last worked for Edcon, from ownership, management and policies. Back then it was more structured and the enrichment was mostly relaxed but with competitive edge amongst co-workers and/or stores

Pros

Salary was great and market related for management positions

Cons

Retail hours

It was friendly and good environt to work in, also we had insentive, we had fun ectivities, competition, rewards

It was good environment working in caring for community creating job opportunity within South Africa give good quality services also have benefits of the shares

Pros

Free coffee and tea

Cons

Long and flaxible ours

Great and working department is great

They have good service and great treatment for employees they serve their best for their people customer always come first they take everything to a consideration and good employees benefits

The company is it self it productive because as employees you have target that u have to reach daily

Edcon it's productive company and growth is there ,the is lots of challanging in the department so you have to bring your A game and be flexible

Pros

The is free lunch until you done with training land thank you gifts

Cons

Work hours a reasonable 8 to 5 for day shifts monday to Friday then Saturday half day

Productive and funny working place

I loved working at edcon because I get an opportunity to learn more about the company. Every time when the is some changes they make sure that we do workshop.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

No long hours they will inform us if they want us to extend hours.

Good company

It's a good company to work for, has stability and security, salary not too bad but based on how you meet your monthly targets. Managers are bad though, they think they own the company.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Targets

fun workplace and productive

I really enjoyed to work for edcon ,nice benefits,overtime and good management team if feel like asking for something they won't give problems I feel like it was my home ,I worked 7 years, and I was going to work more but I got Retrenchment

Pros

free lunches

Cons

flexible hours

Excellent work environment

Working at Edcon was an honor, I felt at home and that made me thrive for the company to get where it belonged. I gained so much experience working at Edcon, I'm more productive now and I'm flexible, I can work through a lot of pressure and still meet my day, monthly obligations.

Pros

Free coffee vending machines

Cons

Fair hours

Productive and enjoyable

It was nice working with lots of people being able to problem solve and never mind working under pressure because of being reliable and trustworthy.time management was very important.the uniform has to be the image of the company it must be neat and clean.

Pros

There was an accomodation for people who stay far

Cons

You get Commission according to your work

Productive and fun to work with

Edcon was a very interesting company to work for.When I started at Edcon,I went for training at Johannesburg for 2 weeks and went to study school Dbrn.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Overtime

Edcon is a good company to work for, have some wonderful benefits. Employees are given shares twice a year, which is so exciting. You also have bonuses based on performance.

Pros

Employees shares

Cons

You need to work hard for your promotion

Fast paced creative dreamland

The creative side of your brain gets worked thoroughly as there is constant meetings and strat sessions where your opinions get heard but unfortunately not everyones ideas come to fruition. At Edcon the sky was really the limit where ideas were shared. Culture was dependant on who your line manager was and sometimes their mood. Hours of work was dependant on how quickly you wanted to get promoted or when deadline was for and most of the time the deadline was yesterday. If you love fast paced, shoot from the hip, cowboy style retailing I normally called it then Edcon was for you. Edcon always had strong people but directional successful leadership was always lacking because it was always a power struggle. Strangely enough I would go back any day because they paid you enough and you were sorted in benefits to get over the negative.

Pros

Good salary no limits, room for growth, good benefits

Cons

Long hours, power struggle, politics in your face, highly fast paced

It was very productive to me because I learned how to work as an team.and to organise the room by parking clothes and numeracy

I would like to recommend this company because they gave me an opportunity to change my life and my family as by that time they was no one who was working in my family.that opportunity helps me community with different people by the way I endup working at Edgar's at sondton.edcon helps Yong tenegers to find a way of life.

Pros

We get free snack an lunch also

Cons

Normal hours if it possible for over time

Productive and high stress level

There are alot of suppliers and limited stuff.Employees multifunction and do alot of tasksMore work less salary Performance rewards Recognition programmesLess growth fight for successTeam buildings Employs best people

Cons

Latest shift is 9pm monday to sunday

Fun workplace and multi skilled

I had fun working at edcon, especially in store as a sales consultant. They gave me experience that i needed and i really apreciate everything from edcon.

Pros

Free luches sometimes

Cons

Long hours only when we busy

Edcon was productive and exciting place to work in

Working at Edcon it was good experience, productive, good environment to work in given chance learn and training on new products, had good management

Pros

The company offered tea, coffee sugar and milk

Cons

I worked extra hours when needed to

Productive and fun work environment

Worked with great team and the company culture, environment, people where there best to work with. The benefits, job security,career and education advancement was the best.

It is a fun place to work at

Edcon is a good company to work at because if there is a promotion they make sure it is given to someone whose worth giving and they give everybody an opportunity to go and work for any edcon store during December holidays

Pros

Bring your own lunch, there is a transport for night shift

Cons

Fun place also learn a lot

As you work properly you get promoted immediately, job specifications are clear. Top management full support, conditions if work place are taken look at.

Pros

More hours, more money

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edcon. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,3 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance