Edgars

Edgars Employee Reviews

South Africa245 reviews
3,0
I acquired various useful skills. A typical day at work is always busy and productive. The management is always willing to assist you whenever help is needed. The customers are friendly and always satisfied with the service. The workplace staff are very kind and helpful. They work well together as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job is when a customer leaves the store happy.
3,0
Be prepared to work long hours beyond contractual obligations. No stability and excessive changes by management. Difficult work culture and very little work life balance.
Pros
good salaries at higher levels
Cons
No work life balance
4,0
If it we're possible i wouldn't mind working there my whole life.
But I need to Grow and learn more

Also improve my skills in financial services field...

Its Best learning curve.
4,0
Customer service its a priority and adhere to the customer needs. My journey with Edgar's has provided a massive experience about the leadership, productivity, how to handle pressure and be creative in short space of time and analytical thinking. The management team is transparent and supportive . Edgar's strive for excellence in every aspect of business and they want to create a friendly environment for customers through best service and quality products they sell. The challenge about the job basically would be to always offer the best service to the customers. And the enjoyable part of the job is the work benefits when the target it is reached by the store.
4,0
Working at Edgars is very challenging especially for a pregnant woman you stand for very long hours, But for customer service I recommend them I have learnt alot about customer service and also about work ethics.
5,0
My first day wavery typical and i have learned to be at easy, greet customers with smile and assists them, the management were very friendly but firm, and the culture is their zest. the hardest part of the job is stock take and the easiest part is sales.
4,0
I'm willing to learn more. it's a good environment with a lot of skills and opportunities .with team work honestly integrity and it's nice place with benefits
5,0
In the morning reading emails
Check head office communication for the day

Check daily/weekly/monthly targets and discussed with the staff

Give out task for the day

Give feedback to

Receive new stock

Unpack and check new stock

Pricing and replenish new stock

Transfer old stock

I learn alot every day, I learn how to work with diffrent kindoff people

I learn how to be sufficient

I learn how to solve problems

Staff very helpful

Managers and staff work together as a team

Early morning meeting is the most enjoyable part of all talking about the difficult and grumpy customers

They always make my day
3,0
Handling complaints and passing them on to a manager if required • Entering customer information onto a computer database • Taking payment for goods or services • Arranging services for customers • Answering customer enquiries • Interact with customers to know their requirements and needs
3,0
I always give my best when it comes to doing my job.i put the customer first at all times.ensure that I do what I'm required to do at all times.i have good communication skills and very easy to work with.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Edgars?
4,0
I enjoyed working at edcon opportunities to grow are available. For me it was are gained lots of experience that would help me with other job oppotunities.
2,0
Working at Edgar's at the that time was OK the working hours were good. Managing your area at work helping customers and also how u should keep the floors clean and the clothes in order.
4,0
Besides long hours working at Edgars is very challenging and competitive bt it was fun and i experienced good things with the staff and they r very friendly and good at wht they doing..
Pros
No free lunches
3,0
I have learned a lot about client service and how to communicate with difficult customers, I was also given the opportunity to work in different sectors and to also grow in the company. the experience I acquired is wonderful as I have work on the stock taking and sometimes assist in the office. what I can say is that working there really helped me to grow mentally and business conduct.
Pros
own lunch
Cons
normal hours
4,0
Edgars had given me a very good experience of working in the retail industry. With a fairly relaxed atmosphere, great co-workers and managers, and a great working environment, I would gladly work for Edgars any day. However, this was a stepping stone on my path to a better career. It has given me good experience and growth to the working environment.
2,0
This business is in constant flux and you have to be able to deal with immense pressure and constant change. Deadlines are intense and so is the environment
5,0
Working at edgars was a great experience and I loved working there.the staff and mangers were very friendly. I gained more experience about the impotance of customer service.
4,0
My salary is a little less cause I'm at unisa doing my distance learning, now i have to pay my fees. So i cant afford rent, school and transportation.
3,0
They stress you with productive and not promoting stuff they not give credit where it due.you work hard for the money they gave u less activity angry management
4,0
I was exposed to customer care relations through this experience of which I appreciated the most. I will mostly like enjoy going back the retail sector again.
1,0
When i worked at newcastle mall i Didnt gets paid when I was working at Edgar's so I had to leave the job 🙄I wasn't happy at all I wasted my money for transport.