Edgars

Edgars Employee Reviews

South Africa257 reviews

The managers are sneaky

The managers are very sneaky. They have their favorites and they are back stabbers. Nonetheless the culture was great, the colleagues were fun. The one thing I also didn't like when you make 1 mistake they'll pull their out but no acknowledgement when doing something good.

Pros

Job security.

Cons

Inconsistent rules, management act immature.

Relaxed and calm productive

I liked working at edgars alot because i like exploring working with people learning more about people's preferences and edgars give me that opportunities each day going to work was a beautiful challenge because i was going to do something new everyday.

Pros

Free transport when working late

Cons

They pay overtime

Growth

There’s room for growth , great benefits ,incentives. Putting their staff first ,staff transport for late shift (safety for their staff)keeping staff up to date with new trends and info.

Benefits

Cons

Working public holidays

Enjoyable and fun to work for company.

If given a chance to work for Edgar's never miss an opportunity to be taught and given the advice by those who have been there for a longer time period.

Pros

Good working environment.

Cons

Loads of work.

Productive and fun.

The work culture is so great to everybody as we all get along very well as a team. The management doesn't just sit and conduct, instead they help around & edge is to always be a winning team which is one great business fundamentals.

Fun work place

The Company is very good to work for but everyone starts somewhere but i left before getting a better position. Love the culture of the Edgar's family

Pros

Christmas gift, staff account

Fun working place

It's so fun working in Edgar's, but sometimes the some difficult you face as an employee but overall would come back and work for Edgar's again it's a great company.

Pros

Free lunch we popping up I don't wanna lie

Cons

Yeah hour's we long but get paid for overtime

Being creative doing tomorrow work today making dead ends meet

Working at the company was worth it gave me time to grow learn and shared my skills knowledge meeting different people and culture and communication with customers delivering good customer service planning ahead and making dead ends meet thank you

Pros

Free lunch on special occasions

Cons

Doing launch promotions required long hours

Its treats everyone fairly we helped each other on multitasking

I used to like learning different skills moving from each department to another working as a team taught me many talents from each individual time keeping

Poor management. Management dating staff. Poor customer service.

My experience is very bad. Never worked in a company that disrespects it's employees in terms of hours, salaries and leave. No proper staff training. Poor customer service

productive and fun workplace

I acquired various useful skills. A typical day at work is always busy and productive. The management is always willing to assist you whenever help is needed. The customers are friendly and always satisfied with the service. The workplace staff are very kind and helpful. They work well together as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job is when a customer leaves the store happy.

Highly stressful environment

Be prepared to work long hours beyond contractual obligations. No stability and excessive changes by management. Difficult work culture and very little work life balance.

Pros

good salaries at higher levels

Cons

No work life balance

Best Workplace ever.

If it we're possible i wouldn't mind working there my whole life. But I need to Grow and learn more Also improve my skills in financial services field... Its Best learning curve.

Competitive and advance

Customer service its a priority and adhere to the customer needs. My journey with Edgar's has provided a massive experience about the leadership, productivity, how to handle pressure and be creative in short space of time and analytical thinking. The management team is transparent and supportive . Edgar's strive for excellence in every aspect of business and they want to create a friendly environment for customers through best service and quality products they sell. The challenge about the job basically would be to always offer the best service to the customers. And the enjoyable part of the job is the work benefits when the target it is reached by the store.

I recommend Edgars for people who want to gain experience and knowledge about the working environment

Working at Edgars is very challenging especially for a pregnant woman you stand for very long hours, But for customer service I recommend them I have learnt alot about customer service and also about work ethics.

Productive and funny

My first day wavery typical and i have learned to be at easy, greet customers with smile and assists them, the management were very friendly but firm, and the culture is their zest. the hardest part of the job is stock take and the easiest part is sales.

I learned a lot

I'm willing to learn more. it's a good environment with a lot of skills and opportunities .with team work honestly integrity and it's nice place with benefits

Hard work and long hours

In the morning reading emails Check head office communication for the day Check daily/weekly/monthly targets and discussed with the staff Give out task for the day Give feedback to Receive new stock Unpack and check new stock Pricing and replenish new stock Transfer old stock I learn alot every day, I learn how to work with diffrent kindoff people I learn how to be sufficient I learn how to solve problems Staff very helpful Managers and staff work together as a team Early morning meeting is the most enjoyable part of all talking about the difficult and grumpy customers They always make my day

Good

Handling complaints and passing them on to a manager if required • Entering customer information onto a computer database • Taking payment for goods or services • Arranging services for customers • Answering customer enquiries • Interact with customers to know their requirements and needs

Ive learnt that in whatever you do always give your best when doing your job.also believe in yourself and never give up.be willing to adapt

I always give my best when it comes to doing my job.i put the customer first at all times.ensure that I do what I'm required to do at all times.i have good communication skills and very easy to work with.

Nice working environment

I enjoyed working at edcon opportunities to grow are available. For me it was are gained lots of experience that would help me with other job oppotunities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edgars. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9