Edgars

Edgars Employee Reviews in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal

Durban, KwaZulu-Natal17 reviews
fun loving
It is a fast paced environment, very productive , very fun loving , creative people. it allows one to open up to society and be bold. Teaches you how to the floor is maintained .
Pros
alot of knownledge to be gained
Just good
Fun working there because I was dealing with my own things with no managers after me management awesome great team work between staff and management..
Pros
Staff card 30% off when buying
Cons
8 hours
3,0
good
Enjoyed working here. great room for growth. hard to get leave if needed. always working weekends. job didn't allow family time. salary wasn't good enough .
Pros
easy working environment, lovely team
Cons
poor pay
5,0
Very professional and good working place
Working at Edgars is very good and enjoyable there's no pressure or stress if you doing your job properly
All you need is to work smart don't be lazy

Respect your fellows and managers always treat customers in a good way

You have to know that customer is always right don't be harsh to customers
Pros
Good working with the other staff and respected manager with good leading
Cons
I haven't seen bad things it always good in my side
productive
Working for Edgars was not that much fun. I was a casual worker and so my salary was not satisfactory. I worked because I needed the money for grocery
Pros
aircondition
1,0
fun
again fun because of the people and the different customers you deal with everyday and that all i can say about that company. the management does not respect they staff and they is racial limitations in-terms of promotions.
Pros
bonus and gifts
Cons
under paid
2,0
Very nice and difficult times
Edgars we had to deal with customer on the daily basis that were returning,exchange and orders. We had very nice and difficult times with customers that a demanding and not willing to listen to the terms and conditions of the return policy.
Pros
One hour lunch
Cons
8 hours
3,0
Was an overall good experience.
Co-workers were excellent working with, it was a bit stressful and busy but enjoyed every bit of it. The best part of this job was meeting different people and interacting with them.
5,0
Edgars customer in anger
There was a customer who was looking for a shoe size and he could not find any on the shoe shelves, during that time I was supposed to be in the department , due to sending of the other employees for lunch break. I was told by my manager its urgent to return to the stock room/dispatch to verify our stock for our shoe department, when I got to the department the customer raised his anger voice at me and I remained calm and kept on apologising to him and when my manager arrived I told him about the situation, and my manager also apologised on his behalf and awarded him on a 30% discount on any shoes within the department.
The customer thereafter became much better off , and I assisted him.
Pros
Extra lunch breaks
Cons
Late for work sometimes
3,0
good
Learnt alot from merchandising products and product sales.
Built good relationships with buyers. Able to try on different products.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Standing long hours
4,0
good in productivity and quality
team work and management is good and also the communicaton,productivity is there.customer service,loyalty,you also get the skill to manage your self
Pros
1 hr lunch
Cons
8 hrs
Productive and fun workplace
Everyday was fun, the management ws so cool we even shared jokes with the bosses, the co-wokers made me feel like home. The hardet part of the job was to deal with a rude customer. Most enjoyable part of the job was the reward day when we did well in our departments.
Pros
early lunches and enough tea times
Cons
long hours and enough day offs
Great work place
Staff was very friendly.
Managers great people to work for.

Supervisors very motivational and friendly.

Dealing with hard customers was the hardest for me, with all the motivations and lessons by managers and supervisors made it easy everyday.

Theme days were my favourite part.

I learned how to deal with different customers.
Pros
free lunches from our Managers.
pleasing the customer
my typical day a work comprised of standing behind the till ringing merchandise purchased by the customer while making sure they get the best buying experiences from my services. I sold and made store targets by opening up accounts, replenishing items. to work with people one has to be friendly at all times. management was organised and they maintained a generally work based relationship with their employees (they kept everything professional)
Pros
target competitions
Cons
standing through out the day
4,0
dealing with customers and making sure we meet they needs
-we start of the day with a morning meeting wish outlines the profit we made the previous day. -i have learned that customers are your number one piority when working in retail. -management aways pushing for a prodactive work place and they lead helping hand when ever they can. - co-workers are like family. - hardest part u cant please every one they is aways that one customer who will leave the store not happy. - enjoyable meeting new people everyday i just love people
Pros
my co-workers
An average workplace
The company has a lot of values about being positive and how to increase productivity but they do not instill it in themselves. It should start by management being role models for their staff but instead managers throw their weight around. Also departments should be maintained and things should not be put into place only when their is a visit from higher management.
Productive and funny
A typical day at work was when I was running the department all alone,I had to be a sales specialist,get the phones for customers,do daily Administration,and alSo process transactions for every costomer.All I did was using my skills which is flexible,quick thinker ,interpersonal skills.the day went very well and smooth.

I have learned a lot e g customer service,how to work with people.Also gained lot of expirience,now I'm confident and competent to contribute to any company.

Management EDGARS. They so helpful and caring ,they open to everyone to tlk if there's a problem.

Team work is what I like about my co-workers,very helpful and caring .

The hardest part of the job is when customers bringing back a cellular telling you that he /she can't operate the handset.

I enjoy work when we making target,having enough stock to sell,
Pros
insentives
Cons
normal hours