Edgars
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Edgars Employee Reviews for Cashier

3,0
Good company to be part of within sales. The customers a good and challenging sometimes, you learn more about fashion and clothing. The management is good.
Pros
Free transport
3,0
It was a great opportunity for me to work as a cashier at Edgars, I gained a lot of experience and the management was good, customer service was great
Pros
own lunch
Cons
long working hours
4,0
The managers are good and understanding to work with, the stuff is also good team to work with, always there to assist when in need of help.
Pros
Free transport for late workers
Cons
Must give out a certain numbers of cash cards a day from reluctant customers
5,0
Working at edgars store it was very nice the staff is very friendly and we work as a team, we respect each other together with our clients
Pros
tea break and overtime for lunch
5,0
I gained a lot of experience in Retail and knowing how to deal with clients. Being able to assist the Branch Manager and achieving good results.
Pros
Learning on how to handle clients and being appreciated
Cons
difficult customers
3,0
Staff was very friendly. Managers great people to work for. Supervisors very motivational and friendly. Dealing with hard customers was the hardest for me, with all the motivations and lessons by managers and supervisors made it easy everyday. Theme days were my favourite part. I learned how to deal with different customers.
Pros
free lunches from our Managers.
4,0
you were expected to behave very formally and courteously towards your co-workers ans superiors, while with your co-workers you couild be friendly to make the working environment more enjoyable, i learned how to behave and interpret behaviour from superiors and what was acceptable in terms of manners in the workplace,my co-workers were fun and friendly and always willing to help,the hardest part of the job was dealing with dissatisfied or rude customers but the most enjoyable part was dealing with friendly customers.
Pros
friendly co-workers and lunch breaks
Cons
unpredictable work hours
3,0
The work place is great and co-workers are very nice and they assist you when you new. I have learned a lot when it come to dealing with a customer and all thanks to my co-workers. The management is good in a way, but what i do not understand is why they do not tell you of what is expected of you, most of the new workers learn from their co-workers. The hardest part to work in is the stork room because the stork is expected to be on the rails by the end of the day so you need to work fast. The most enjoyable part of the job is being a Cashier because there you are able to inter-act with the customer.
Pros
Early lunch
Cons
Long ours
4,0
Working hard to be the best at all times. I'd go to management and ask for help were I was lacking. Working hand in hand with my co-workers helped us to achieve your goals. As I was a service centre operator (S.C.O) some times queue will be very long and hectic, we'll face hardest time but with our good spirit to work hard, we'll work hard and over come the situation. When you serving someone there, you'll wouldn't want they do for living, as you start to interact with them, then you find out that you been talking with the CEO, Dr, Teacher, Accountant, etc. and they all down to earth, and we were just having a normal conversation. That made me feel very special and inspire me to work harder to be were I want to be in life.
Pros
we'll get free lunch when we were ready busy, as a token of appreciation.
Cons
We work long hours during holiday times.
3,0
.Lot of experience in dealing with customer service.hard working and having eager to learn more about the company
Pros
when there are promotions
Cons
flexible hours
5,0
On busy days, we work underpressure in order to meet the target of the day, and i have learned to work with different kind of Customers, because i was working at Point of sale. And again i have learned to work as group and as an individual, the hardest part of the job it was when i was recieving the stock, packing heavy boxes without the help of Folklift, when displaying the whole shop, and it takes the whole day. The most enjoyable part of the job is i like physical job
Pros
free lunches
Cons
normal hours