Edgars

Edgars Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative15 reviews
South Africa15 reviews
3,0
Handling complaints and passing them on to a manager if required • Entering customer information onto a computer database • Taking payment for goods or services • Arranging services for customers • Answering customer enquiries • Interact with customers to know their requirements and needs
5,0
Working at edgars was a great experience and I loved working there.the staff and mangers were very friendly. I gained more experience about the impotance of customer service.
4,0
l learn how to deal to with customers, our management was supportive and our hardest time its when we deal with thief or customer complain that we charge them too much. but I enjoy working there because helping people or to see another person left our have something they want.
Pros
no free lunch
3,0
When there's sale obviose there's a lot to take in terms customers, management of stock and people, machandise must always be on point, when there's miss understandings, when reached the target
3,0
It was challenging to go to work because of working shifts more especially during festive season yet it was fun to work meeting new people everyday from different cultures
Pros
non
3,0
It was very much an "every man for himself" type of working environment. It was a good learning experience though but for amount of work done,you weren't really compensated fairly. Also job security,nobody's job was really safe.
3,0
Edgars is quietly amazing, i worked there i think for 6 months and i enjoyed working at customer service helping customers, i would learn new things everyday.
Pros
We would get free lunch if we did a good custmer service
Cons
No long hours
3,0
We had same activities sametimes &we would have fun.I have learned how to work with customers & make them feel at home.The management was not so good because they sametimes treated us unfairly.The hardest part of the job,will be when we do not have enough staff on the departments and still have to help the customers.The most enjoyable part of the job,will be activities that we have.
Pros
Free gifts
2,0
Edgars we had to deal with customer on the daily basis that were returning,exchange and orders. We had very nice and difficult times with customers that a demanding and not willing to listen to the terms and conditions of the return policy.
Pros
One hour lunch
Cons
8 hours
5,0
had a very good time working at the place..management was well organized and had a great system of trading...very fun and exiting working with people(customers)..unfortunately had to leave the place sue to expiring of contract.
Pros
benefits for staff members
Cons
non renewable contract
4,0
I learned a lot about customer service and treating people, the world of retail is different but it teaches most about how to handle one self. so i got custom to wanting to help customers get the help thye need to shop happier.
Pros
felt like home
Cons
hectic hours
3,0
Had to walk around on the floor, greet the customers and assist them with queries and direct them to desired locations in the store.

On the switchboard: Answering of incoming calls, transfer call to desired extensions. Approving of all outgoing staff call.

At Customer Service Centre: Assisting client with allocating required item sizes,colours and makes, Contacting Fashion Hotline to speed up delivery time for clients goods bought.
Pros
Discount on Goods purchased
Cons
Long hours, and worked weekend, and public holidays
3,0
The job was professional but working through an agency at a retail yields lessor payments although the staff was welcoming and decisive in caring out their duties.
Pros
free transport after hours
Cons
lower salaries
Co-worker were helpful.
The job was not challenging.

The management was good. I have learned a lot about customer services
Pros
discounts
5,0
i was working as a wrapper and at the shoe department it was only for December time,it was a pay by claim. i learned that the retail companies are not the same as the companies or government, Managements are different because each and every manager got his or her management style, we are only 3 in the same floor, its when we are working until late towards the Christmas time or when you meet a difficult customer, it when we meet a lot of people and they different in language, culture etc.
Pros
working short hours
Cons
short breaks