Edgars

Edgars Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Retail Sales Associate18 reviews
South Africa18 reviews
4,0
I was happy fir the past 4 years but with the closure of stores in 2019 it made me realise I had to get everything was good you get the best salary.Good bonuses
Pros
payed lunches
2,0
Usually very busy around lunch time and in the evenings when shops about to close.Management are slave drivers with little to no consideration of the employee.The hardest part would be working very long hours without weekends off and very little payment and having to deal with difficult customers and management on a daily basis with no room to grow or advance to atleast permanent position.The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a satisfied and happy customer after giving them a great service.
Pros
commission
Cons
Long hours little pay
5,0
I've learned that communication to stuff and customer it's very important.stuff meeting are very important,u learn more about your company,selling product n insurances.
Pros
Staff price
Cons
Salary
4,0
Great company with many learning opportunities. Very little to no benefits for casual staff. Understaffed in most stores so too much work and pressure on staff members
Cons
Very long hours
2,0
I worked at all sections of the store , cosmetics , cellphones , cash office , service centre , stock room. I was basically a "reliever" of anyone that was on lunch or wasn't available or needed to be somewhere.
5,0
Firstly after signing the contract with them they tell you the do' the dont's.No fighting, late coming and most of them all no absenteeism,don't steal
Pros
Employees birthday gifts
Cons
Festive pressure
3,0
Edgars Tygervalley may seem like an, secure safe productive business environment, to work for I am content with working in an store like Edgars Tygervalley, I grow customer service experience and I gain work place skills.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Hours
5,0
Its workable, but due to a small wage I couldn't because I worked for transport as I would get four hours twice a week and knock off at 9pm at Eastgate mall.
Pros
No lunch was on me
Cons
I worked small hours
5,0
I enjoyed the time a worked for edgars. I learned a lot about customer services and working with people.
The company allowed me to rotate in different departments, eg. opening of accounts
3,0
As big as the company is for me it was like a company that it is trying to get its foot right, because just for a week you will get more that ten secular that contradict each other. Today they will tell you to do this and tomorrow it is changed you have to undo everything. There was something wrong with managers I don't know if it was pressure or what. The hardest part of the job is when the is price adjustment in your department and you have no assistant and at they expect me to multi task meaning I have to be at service center and at my department at the same time.
The most enjoyable part was when they acknowledge your hard work.
4,0
It was so exciting to work with different cultures of people and it was my first time working in a big company.i learnt how to communicate with people,handling different queries and taking decisions on behalf of the store.i also learnt how to take responsibility about the things i am working with as i was working with expensive and risky stock.(cellphones, wacthes and jewellery)
3,0
Learnt alot from merchandising products and product sales.
Built good relationships with buyers. Able to try on different products.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Standing long hours
4,0
Sales, unpacking stock. Cashier, sales,serving customers
I have learned to work under pressure,and enjoyed it.

Worked with a good and well trained management,

We all have to worked as a team.

Busy periods hardest part, but challenging

Customers start to know you, always comes back to you asking you by your name for their needs and help
Pros
Lunch
2,0
unpacking of boxes and soring clothes accordingly.
being organised is important

we didnt have time to share with experienced colleques.

working on holidays
Pros
customers service skilled improved
Cons
long hours and holidays
2,0
I would come in store and sort the clothes on the rails so they look neat and tidy for the customers, but most of the time I would work in the fitting room and assist customers who want to fit clothes. Co-workers were friendly, most of them. Management was supportive. Hardest part of the job was the rude customers and the most enjoyable was interacting with different customers obviously and seeing them leave the store happy and satisfied with the service
Pros
Cons
working long hours while standing
4,0
A typical day at work will be interacting with my customers and making sure I meet their expectation 100%. I have learned the importance of customer service, and the importance of the customer. I have learned supervisory skills from my previous manager and mentor and acquired a lot of knowledge. The hardest part of the job will be dealing with an unsatisfied customer, and having to go extra mile in order to satisfy him/her. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers, having to see them sharing their experiences, and trusting you.
Pros
Staff discount
4,0
One day I was shouted in front of customers it was the worst day for me.

I've learnt a lot from both staff and management,they thout me a lot.

The job was not dat hard, I really had a great time at edgars.
Pros
free coffee or tea
Cons
normal working hours
3,0
At Edgars i learned to be polite, friendly, helpfull and delight and i learned that every customer must go out of a shop happy. Management at Edgars make sure the staff fget well traning and they train theire staff every fied that the emmployees are intrested in, Team work is well nown that is why Edgars staff they are good in customer service, the work together as a team.
Every job has its own ups and downs hardest part you come across them and its not every day , most of the time is when a customer challeges your services and the enjoyable part of the job is when customers give you complement on your servises
Pros
wwhe working long hours thers a free lunch
Cons
stock taking and on red carpet promotion