Edgars

Edgars Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal

Working for Edgars was not that much fun. I was a casual worker and so my salary was not satisfactory. I worked because I needed the money for grocery
Pros
aircondition
Cons
again fun because of the people and the different customers you deal with everyday and that all i can say about that company. the management does not respect they staff and they is racial limitations in-terms of promotions.
Pros
bonus and gifts
Cons
under paid
There was a customer who was looking for a shoe size and he could not find any on the shoe shelves, during that time I was supposed to be in the department , due to sending of the other employees for lunch break. I was told by my manager its urgent to return to the stock room/dispatch to verify our stock for our shoe department, when I got to the department the customer raised his anger voice at me and I remained calm and kept on apologising to him and when my manager arrived I told him about the situation, and my manager also apologised on his behalf and awarded him on a 30% discount on any shoes within the department. The customer thereafter became much better off , and I assisted him.
Pros
Extra lunch breaks
Cons
Late for work sometimes