Edgars

Edgars Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Working at Edgars is very challenging especially for a pregnant woman you stand for very long hours, But for customer service I recommend them I have learnt alot about customer service and also about work ethics.
Work with people, selling clothes to the public. I have learned how to sell clothes, Management was good. The was no hardest part of the job and the most enjoyable part was to serve the customers.
Pros
Discount on clothes
Cons
Working Saterdays
Everyday I looked forward to go work,with the colleagues i had that made the job worthy easy. i also had friendly and understanding management. the working hours were progressive also. It was nice too to work with customers. I had fun and was learning and enjoying everyday, but i had to find school because i had passed my grade 12 that year.
Pros
working hours and good salary
My job was exciting, I enjoy working or engaging with different people everyday and the most exciting part of the job was learning about retail and different types of behavior when it comes to customers. I loved my management it was a woman and a man their desire to see the shops sales increase were amazing and motivating us to push harder and work hard. The hardest part of the job was dealing with customers that do not want to understand , but you are taught that the customer is always right and you must listen to them and give them what they want but not always through convincing them hard.
Pros
The overtime money
Cons
woorking when people are on holiday
I enjoyed working At Edgars because it gave me the opportunity and exposure to interact with people of al different races. I learnt a lot about myself then and the experience was amazing.A typical day at work usually involved being at the cellphone department and assisting customers with their cellphone purchases and making them knowledgeable of the features of the phone, contract terms available and the finer details needed to secure the purchase of a cellphone.I learnt about effective communication abilities and how to sell a product to a prospective buyer.I worked well with my team as they helped acquaint me of my job responsibilities prior and hence our relationship was a good one.The hardest part of the job was that often you find numerous people will just come at one time needing assistance and impatiently so.Nonetheless I enjoyed talking to people and interacting with diverse people from all kindas of backgrounds. I loved it.
Pros
discounts
it is a very busy day, were i had to run around looking for certain items barcode for a customer, during that i learnt that i have to persevere for a customer and give what ever the customers want and need any time and always the customer is right. my co-workers are friendly and easy to talk to.
Pros
wide space to work on