Edgars

Clear
3,3Work-Life Balance
3,6Culture

The managers are sneaky

The managers are very sneaky. They have their favorites and they are back stabbers. Nonetheless the culture was great, the colleagues were fun. The one thing I also didn't like when you make 1 mistake they'll pull their out but no acknowledgement when doing something good.

Pros

Job security.

Cons

Inconsistent rules, management act immature.

Productive and exciting workplace

My experience from working at edgars was very welcoming , I've met lots of friendly colleagues and the atmosphere is very good to work around. Old colleagues are opened towards teaching you and there is unity with the company

Pros

Incentives

Cons

Shifts

Growth

There’s room for growth , great benefits ,incentives. Putting their staff first ,staff transport for late shift (safety for their staff)keeping staff up to date with new trends and info.

Benefits

Cons

Working public holidays

Productive and fun.

The work culture is so great to everybody as we all get along very well as a team. The management doesn't just sit and conduct, instead they help around & edge is to always be a winning team which is one great business fundamentals.

Fun work place

The Company is very good to work for but everyone starts somewhere but i left before getting a better position. Love the culture of the Edgar's family

Pros

Christmas gift, staff account

Cons

Being creative doing tomorrow work today making dead ends meet

Working at the company was worth it gave me time to grow learn and shared my skills knowledge meeting different people and culture and communication with customers delivering good customer service planning ahead and making dead ends meet thank you

Pros

Free lunch on special occasions

Cons

Doing launch promotions required long hours

Its treats everyone fairly we helped each other on multitasking

I used to like learning different skills moving from each department to another working as a team taught me many talents from each individual time keeping

productive and fun workplace

I acquired various useful skills. A typical day at work is always busy and productive. The management is always willing to assist you whenever help is needed. The customers are friendly and always satisfied with the service. The workplace staff are very kind and helpful. They work well together as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job is when a customer leaves the store happy.

Highly stressful environment

Be prepared to work long hours beyond contractual obligations. No stability and excessive changes by management. Difficult work culture and very little work life balance.

Pros

good salaries at higher levels

Cons

No work life balance

Productive and funny

My first day wavery typical and i have learned to be at easy, greet customers with smile and assists them, the management were very friendly but firm, and the culture is their zest. the hardest part of the job is stock take and the easiest part is sales.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Edgars?

Average

Besides long hours working at Edgars is very challenging and competitive bt it was fun and i experienced good things with the staff and they r very friendly and good at wht they doing..

Pros

No free lunches

Cons

Enchanted by the devices.

You guys are the best . I love everything about Edgars . Staff is excellent and well presented . The team is great and their motivation is perfect . I’m thankful for Edgars so much .

My experience

Working at edgars was a great experience and I loved working there.the staff and mangers were very friendly. I gained more experience about the impotance of customer service.

Family like place, fun and productive

It's a good place place to work for a fresh form school. People are lovely, friendly and work as a team. Money is not good, you learn from others as we worked as a team

Pros

Oppotunity to learn

Cons

No job security

It's great environment and great team. You get you o learn a lot. Meet lots of people in different aspects which it grows you as person. And get to understand more of you and the working that you doing.

Fun and very productive

Yes I worked there it was great working there learnt a lot from the company for an example I learnt how to work with customers, people how to respect another person and how to behave in the midst of other peeps.

Friendly staff members

Need good skills management and training of security as well. Also manage to need to be helpful towards there staff members at all times. It will help.

Pros

Incentive

It was very fun

I had an amazing colleagues at Edgars there is a team work.I have to work with team and how to creat people at work place.And I had an amazing managers in the world.

Pros

There free lunch when we rich target

Cons

During holidays

Secure workplace

Working at edgars is secured and a nice place to work and yes we do get benefits when we make monthly and early target which does help and we get staff discount which also helps

Pros

More benefits

Cons

Long working hours

n/a

working under pressure,i learnt to work with money and to be accurate,management was poor,the hardest part of the job was to work with clients,i did not enjoy

Work in progress

senior management run the business like a regular business with no regard to fashion, culture is fine though, lovely training ground for buyers and planners

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edgars. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,3 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
2,9 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,3 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,6 out of 5 stars for Management
3,6 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • Edgars
  • Culture
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?