Edgars

Clear
3,3Work-Life Balance
3,3Job Security & Advancement

The managers are sneaky

The managers are very sneaky. They have their favorites and they are back stabbers. Nonetheless the culture was great, the colleagues were fun. The one thing I also didn't like when you make 1 mistake they'll pull their out but no acknowledgement when doing something good.

Pros

Job security.

Cons

Inconsistent rules, management act immature.

Productive and exciting workplace

My experience from working at edgars was very welcoming , I've met lots of friendly colleagues and the atmosphere is very good to work around. Old colleagues are opened towards teaching you and there is unity with the company

Pros

Incentives

Cons

Shifts

Enjoyable and fun to work for company.

If given a chance to work for Edgar's never miss an opportunity to be taught and given the advice by those who have been there for a longer time period.

Pros

Good working environment.

Cons

Loads of work.

Fun work place

The Company is very good to work for but everyone starts somewhere but i left before getting a better position. Love the culture of the Edgar's family

Pros

Christmas gift, staff account

Cons

Being creative doing tomorrow work today making dead ends meet

Working at the company was worth it gave me time to grow learn and shared my skills knowledge meeting different people and culture and communication with customers delivering good customer service planning ahead and making dead ends meet thank you

Pros

Free lunch on special occasions

Cons

Doing launch promotions required long hours

Its treats everyone fairly we helped each other on multitasking

I used to like learning different skills moving from each department to another working as a team taught me many talents from each individual time keeping

Highly stressful environment

Be prepared to work long hours beyond contractual obligations. No stability and excessive changes by management. Difficult work culture and very little work life balance.

Pros

good salaries at higher levels

Cons

No work life balance

Best Workplace ever.

If it we're possible i wouldn't mind working there my whole life. But I need to Grow and learn more Also improve my skills in financial services field... Its Best learning curve.

I learned a lot

I'm willing to learn more. it's a good environment with a lot of skills and opportunities .with team work honestly integrity and it's nice place with benefits

Nice working environment

I enjoyed working at edcon opportunities to grow are available. For me it was are gained lots of experience that would help me with other job oppotunities.

Excellent learning curve

I have learned a lot about client service and how to communicate with difficult customers, I was also given the opportunity to work in different sectors and to also grow in the company. the experience I acquired is wonderful as I have work on the stock taking and sometimes assist in the office. what I can say is that working there really helped me to grow mentally and business conduct.

Pros

own lunch

Cons

normal hours

Casual employment

Edgars had given me a very good experience of working in the retail industry. With a fairly relaxed atmosphere, great co-workers and managers, and a great working environment, I would gladly work for Edgars any day. However, this was a stepping stone on my path to a better career. It has given me good experience and growth to the working environment.

I had a great exposure to working in the retail sector which was an eye opening for me.

I was exposed to customer care relations through this experience of which I appreciated the most. I will mostly like enjoy going back the retail sector again.

Family like place, fun and productive

It's a good place place to work for a fresh form school. People are lovely, friendly and work as a team. Money is not good, you learn from others as we worked as a team

Pros

Oppotunity to learn

Cons

No job security

It's great environment and great team. You get you o learn a lot. Meet lots of people in different aspects which it grows you as person. And get to understand more of you and the working that you doing.

Cons

its challenging, able to tackle conflict very easy

its such a good experience working with this company.i have learned and grow as an individual i have also leaned to tacle with different challenges on the daily basis.

Revlon consultant

Beauty consultant, sales, customer service, merchandising, competitions all day to day sales functions. Meeting targets and coming in with stock takes. GWP events and sale launches. Regular counts and administration of sales for the month

Pros

Great Diversity and fast phase environment and developing of strong managers and sales teams

Cons

No career development options at the time to management

Edgars is a good and leading brand in SA and a great company to work for. They have a good reputation in the employment industry and I am proud to have been a part of the edcon group

Pros

professional

Cons

long Hours

Great company for learning experience but no security of permanent employment and constant issues relating payment of casual employees

Great company with many learning opportunities. Very little to no benefits for casual staff. Understaffed in most stores so too much work and pressure on staff members

Cons

Very long hours

friendly

I enjoyed my time at edgars, started my retail, staff are trained and are encouraged to grow within the company, are developed accordingly. Lots of opportunities for staff to grow.

Pros

growth

Cons

favouratism rife

Excellent start

Was year back and as a student had to strive to earn a salary to assist my parents. The company gave me a solid to start my career. my duties was as follows. As a student focusing on customer satisfaction, assist to exchange garments and promoting new specials in store. Perform cashier and packing duties. Assist with month end stock take.

Pros

free coffee

Cons

long hours on your feet

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edgars. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,3 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
2,9 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,3 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,6 out of 5 stars for Management
3,6 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • Edgars
  • Job Security & Advancement
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?