Edgars
3,7 out of 5 stars.

Edgars Job Security & Advancement reviews

Working at the company was worth it gave me time to grow learn and shared my skills knowledge meeting different people and culture and communication with customers delivering good customer service planning ahead and making dead ends meet thank you
Pros
Free lunch on special occasions
Cons
Doing launch promotions required long hours
The work culture is so great to everybody as we all get along very well as a team. The management doesn't just sit and conduct, instead they help around & edge is to always be a winning team which is one great business fundamentals.
The Company is very good to work for but everyone starts somewhere but i left before getting a better position. Love the culture of the Edgar's family
Pros
Christmas gift, staff account
Cons
I used to like learning different skills moving from each department to another working as a team taught me many talents from each individual time keeping
Be prepared to work long hours beyond contractual obligations. No stability and excessive changes by management. Difficult work culture and very little work life balance.
Pros
good salaries at higher levels
Cons
No work life balance
If it we're possible i wouldn't mind working there my whole life. But I need to Grow and learn more Also improve my skills in financial services field... Its Best learning curve.
I'm willing to learn more. it's a good environment with a lot of skills and opportunities .with team work honestly integrity and it's nice place with benefits
I enjoyed working at edcon opportunities to grow are available. For me it was are gained lots of experience that would help me with other job oppotunities.
I have learned a lot about client service and how to communicate with difficult customers, I was also given the opportunity to work in different sectors and to also grow in the company. the experience I acquired is wonderful as I have work on the stock taking and sometimes assist in the office. what I can say is that working there really helped me to grow mentally and business conduct.
Pros
own lunch
Cons
normal hours
Edgars had given me a very good experience of working in the retail industry. With a fairly relaxed atmosphere, great co-workers and managers, and a great working environment, I would gladly work for Edgars any day. However, this was a stepping stone on my path to a better career. It has given me good experience and growth to the working environment.
I was exposed to customer care relations through this experience of which I appreciated the most. I will mostly like enjoy going back the retail sector again.
It's a good place place to work for a fresh form school. People are lovely, friendly and work as a team. Money is not good, you learn from others as we worked as a team
Pros
Oppotunity to learn
Cons
No job security
It's great environment and great team. You get you o learn a lot. Meet lots of people in different aspects which it grows you as person. And get to understand more of you and the working that you doing.
Cons
its such a good experience working with this company.i have learned and grow as an individual i have also leaned to tacle with different challenges on the daily basis.
Beauty consultant, sales, customer service, merchandising, competitions all day to day sales functions. Meeting targets and coming in with stock takes. GWP events and sale launches. Regular counts and administration of sales for the month
Pros
Great Diversity and fast phase environment and developing of strong managers and sales teams
Cons
No career development options at the time to management
Edgars is a good and leading brand in SA and a great company to work for. They have a good reputation in the employment industry and I am proud to have been a part of the edcon group
Pros
professional
Cons
long Hours
Great company with many learning opportunities. Very little to no benefits for casual staff. Understaffed in most stores so too much work and pressure on staff members
Cons
Very long hours
I enjoyed my time at edgars, started my retail, staff are trained and are encouraged to grow within the company, are developed accordingly. Lots of opportunities for staff to grow.
Pros
growth
Cons
favouratism rife
Was year back and as a student had to strive to earn a salary to assist my parents. The company gave me a solid to start my career. my duties was as follows. As a student focusing on customer satisfaction, assist to exchange garments and promoting new specials in store. Perform cashier and packing duties. Assist with month end stock take.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
long hours on your feet
Edgars Tygervalley may seem like an, secure safe productive business environment, to work for I am content with working in an store like Edgars Tygervalley, I grow customer service experience and I gain work place skills.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Hours
Good company to work for and have great benefits. Edcon has excellent growth opportunities within the company . The culture in Edcon is good and motivating to all individuals.
Pros
security
  1. Job Security & Advancement