Edgars

Clear
3,3Work-Life Balance
3,6Management

The managers are sneaky

The managers are very sneaky. They have their favorites and they are back stabbers. Nonetheless the culture was great, the colleagues were fun. The one thing I also didn't like when you make 1 mistake they'll pull their out but no acknowledgement when doing something good.

Pros

Job security.

Cons

Inconsistent rules, management act immature.

Productive and fun.

The work culture is so great to everybody as we all get along very well as a team. The management doesn't just sit and conduct, instead they help around & edge is to always be a winning team which is one great business fundamentals.

Poor management. Management dating staff. Poor customer service.

My experience is very bad. Never worked in a company that disrespects it's employees in terms of hours, salaries and leave. No proper staff training. Poor customer service

productive and fun workplace

I acquired various useful skills. A typical day at work is always busy and productive. The management is always willing to assist you whenever help is needed. The customers are friendly and always satisfied with the service. The workplace staff are very kind and helpful. They work well together as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job is when a customer leaves the store happy.

Highly stressful environment

Be prepared to work long hours beyond contractual obligations. No stability and excessive changes by management. Difficult work culture and very little work life balance.

Pros

good salaries at higher levels

Cons

No work life balance

Competitive and advance

Customer service its a priority and adhere to the customer needs. My journey with Edgar's has provided a massive experience about the leadership, productivity, how to handle pressure and be creative in short space of time and analytical thinking. The management team is transparent and supportive . Edgar's strive for excellence in every aspect of business and they want to create a friendly environment for customers through best service and quality products they sell. The challenge about the job basically would be to always offer the best service to the customers. And the enjoyable part of the job is the work benefits when the target it is reached by the store.

Productive and funny

My first day wavery typical and i have learned to be at easy, greet customers with smile and assists them, the management were very friendly but firm, and the culture is their zest. the hardest part of the job is stock take and the easiest part is sales.

Challenging, fast-paced environment

This business is in constant flux and you have to be able to deal with immense pressure and constant change. Deadlines are intense and so is the environment

Long hours pay not much

They stress you with productive and not promoting stuff they not give credit where it due.you work hard for the money they gave u less activity angry management

Customer service

Started a day with prayer, brief meeting and Target to meet at the end of the day. Learned to interact with customers and assist them with their purchases, advise them on special sales currently running. Management always assisting where they are needed.

Loved working at Edgars many years ago

I did new accounts, banking, stock control, sales, management, went out with area managers to stores to check on theft. I learned how to deal and work with all walks of life. Management at the time was a pleasure to work with as long as you did your work and you were on time and friendly and gave your all to clients. (Client is always right). Most enjoyable was to make target!

Not a very nice place to work in...

Change in management and review the way shops are being run to avoid things like favoouritsm and oppression in the work place and lastly unappreciation of staff won't help the business at all. Go with the times and set trends than getting left behind...

Pros

Cons

Oppressive working conditions with so little time at home.

fun working place

i get there at around 8:30 then start working at 9 am, helping customers with gift ripping, calling in stories to see if they have clothes and in which sizes on the management task these have been great and the manages are doing their jobs

Pros

free lunch

Cons

the hours

Enjoyable workplace

To work at edgars tought me how to handle different customer attitudes..i enjoyed working at edgars because the management was so eager to teach how to multitask..

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Overtime

Friendly staff members

Need good skills management and training of security as well. Also manage to need to be helpful towards there staff members at all times. It will help.

Pros

Incentive

prodcutive and fun

l learn how to deal to with customers, our management was supportive and our hardest time its when we deal with thief or customer complain that we charge them too much. but I enjoy working there because helping people or to see another person left our have something they want.

Pros

no free lunch

n/a

working under pressure,i learnt to work with money and to be accurate,management was poor,the hardest part of the job was to work with clients,i did not enjoy

Work in progress

senior management run the business like a regular business with no regard to fashion, culture is fine though, lovely training ground for buyers and planners

Motivation, Team work

fn and team building in management and staff i have learnt a lot about customer service management is very fair and nuetral the most impressive part when we each target and get rewarded

Pros

incentives

Productive but hostile

Usually very busy around lunch time and in the evenings when shops about to close.Management are slave drivers with little to no consideration of the employee.The hardest part would be working very long hours without weekends off and very little payment and having to deal with difficult customers and management on a daily basis with no room to grow or advance to atleast permanent position.The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a satisfied and happy customer after giving them a great service.

Pros

commission

Cons

Long hours little pay

Revlon consultant

Beauty consultant, sales, customer service, merchandising, competitions all day to day sales functions. Meeting targets and coming in with stock takes. GWP events and sale launches. Regular counts and administration of sales for the month

Pros

Great Diversity and fast phase environment and developing of strong managers and sales teams

Cons

No career development options at the time to management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edgars. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,3 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
2,9 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,3 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,6 out of 5 stars for Management
3,6 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • Edgars
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?