Edgars
3,7 out of 5 stars.

Edgars Management reviews

I acquired various useful skills. A typical day at work is always busy and productive. The management is always willing to assist you whenever help is needed. The customers are friendly and always satisfied with the service. The workplace staff are very kind and helpful. They work well together as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job is when a customer leaves the store happy.
Schedulling; customer service; banking; pick ups; administration; customer queries; logged calls ; reconceiling petty cash ; leadership ; opening and closing of the store; reading e mails ; data capturing and management skills.
Cons
8hrs
Enjoyed the team work and collaboration from fellow management and staff. Enjoyed the harmonious and safe working environment, the coaches and opportunity to coach others.
Pros
Lots of growth opportunities
Cons
I learned a lot in the short time i have been working there it was my first job as a student and i highly appreciate the opportunity i was given by Edgars, i learnt the importance of time management punctuality and on a daily bases i met new people which opened mevup to new experience, thoigh sometimes the hours were long i learnt to prioritize and to put my responsibilities above all else.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Working with customers is a big challenge because when you having your mood at work is not a priority but customer satisfactory comes first. A manner of approach is very important "its not what you say but how you say it" that is what I was taught and it worked for me. Management is well groomed and grooms employees also, going to assist a customer and offering them help before they even come to you is the workplace culture not forgetting to smile. Pushing for a target on very slow days becomes draining, getting a few customers coming in. Making money is the most fun part it is genuinely exciting and keeps me flexible.
Pros
Team outting
Cons
Working on Sunday
the management was understanding people, and i learned a lot working in the company full of active people. i learned that time keeping and productivity is the most important key to a successful outcome when it comes to business.
Pros
incentives and free lunches
Cons
When there's sale obviose there's a lot to take in terms customers, management of stock and people, machandise must always be on point, when there's miss understandings, when reached the target
Cons
was working with a good team at the small store. management was good as well as the staff members. job was fun because was a visual merchandiser. was working some overtime sometimes would be working as a cashier because I was a flexible staff.
Cons
flexible hours
concentration to a specific job allow communication with customers never gossip and pray before we start working promote self esteem great communication to all people tips of inflation
Pros
come with yr lunch
Cons
work 8hours and over time to fight inflation
great work place that is fun and enjoyable. the management tteats you fairly and you are given opportunities to further your skills through training and work shops
Pros
overtime
Cons
Daily staff meetings. Fixed hours. Customer service. Housekeeping and ordering of stock. Great atmosphere. Training, workshops and launches. Continued customer service workshops and management training.
Pros
Company car
Fun working there because I was dealing with my own things with no managers after me management awesome great team work between staff and management..
Pros
Staff card 30% off when buying
Cons
8 hours
Workplace orientation including company policies and professional conduct Easy and welcoming management to address any issues or grievances Good required working hours and dealing with time Meeting of deadline e.g target sales
Pros
manageable working hours
Cons
unpaid overtime
Work is ok but some managers want you to do their work that's unfair working for the company was fun and I would return if they employ more staff and focus on customer needs
Pros
if store make budget you get money
Cons
Work in all departments not getting paid for it
You need to have good time management, have a good communication skill and laslty put customers first,have a way of making customers special be lovely
Pros
Free luch
Cons
Short hours
Working at Edgars is very good and enjoyable there's no pressure or stress if you doing your job properly All you need is to work smart don't be lazy Respect your fellows and managers always treat customers in a good way You have to know that customer is always right don't be harsh to customers
Pros
Good working with the other staff and respected manager with good leading
Cons
I haven't seen bad things it always good in my side
It was a great opportunity for me to work as a cashier at Edgars, I gained a lot of experience and the management was good, customer service was great
Pros
own lunch
Cons
long working hours
Learning process, they give vast understanding, of operations training, training in all department to be flexible, give staff empowemet, training in management level.
Cons
Unpayed overtime
We had same activities sametimes &we would have fun.I have learned how to work with customers & make them feel at home.The management was not so good because they sametimes treated us unfairly.The hardest part of the job,will be when we do not have enough staff on the departments and still have to help the customers.The most enjoyable part of the job,will be activities that we have.
Pros
Free gifts
Cons
Management at the time was stressful Long busy hours working weekends as well Everything was done manually at the time unlike currently Staff was continuously monitored
Pros
Enjoyed assisting public
Cons
stressful environment
in this company i didn't work long, it was only few month but i enjoyed some of the times with them, there wasn't anything hard about the job, most enjoyable part was to serve customers as quick as i can making sure we don't have long ques.
Pros
free lunches made by management when the store has reached the target