Edgars
3,7 out of 5 stars.

Edgars Management reviews

I acquired various useful skills. A typical day at work is always busy and productive. The management is always willing to assist you whenever help is needed. The customers are friendly and always satisfied with the service. The workplace staff are very kind and helpful. They work well together as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job is when a customer leaves the store happy.
it was just ok nothing major can be said the difference is that the employees and management are really cool people, we always had initiate our skills when coming to our department like making sure the rail wa in order
Pros
nothing
Cons
working long hours and not being paid well
Work was always fun. I learned to play hard you got to work hard. Management were helpful to all personnel. My co-workers were the best in the field, always helpful. the part I enjoyed the most about work is going to work.
team work and management is good and also the communicaton,productivity is there.customer service,loyalty,you also get the skill to manage your self
Pros
1 hr lunch
Cons
8 hrs
A typical day at work would be rendering services to customers, making sure that they are satisfied and happy. I have learnt to be responsible, to be productive, to be self-reliant, to be compliant to procedures of the company,how to interact with customers and also to work to reach a target. The management was motivate and encouraging as we would receive supervision from them. They made it easy for us to work. My co-workers were as driven with customer services. The hardest part of the job was to see a customer unsatisfied. The most enjoyable part of the job was expressing my passion in being able to help or assist the next person in store (customer).
i was working as a wrapper and at the shoe department it was only for December time,it was a pay by claim. i learned that the retail companies are not the same as the companies or government, Managements are different because each and every manager got his or her management style, we are only 3 in the same floor, its when we are working until late towards the Christmas time or when you meet a difficult customer, it when we meet a lot of people and they different in language, culture etc.
Pros
working short hours
Cons
short breaks
Everyday was fun, the management ws so cool we even shared jokes with the bosses, the co-wokers made me feel like home. The hardet part of the job was to deal with a rude customer. Most enjoyable part of the job was the reward day when we did well in our departments.
Pros
early lunches and enough tea times
Cons
long hours and enough day offs
* Very challenging but with cutting edge thrill and possible resolutions to any situation. * I learned that if you are dedicated at your work there will be always a room for improvement. * Management is always helpful and have very useful systems in place to accomplish every day-to-day situations. * I was always working with nice people and helpful in many ways. * The hard part of the job was being unable to satisfy a customer due to stock shortage or unavailability of ranges. * Enjoyable part of work was hosting fun and exciting fashion sales and launching new customer/ staff benefiting services.
Pros
Red Carpet Sales, Random 3 Day sales
Cons
Good management and team players are supporting as they should, although we work with the money of people which is not easy.
Pros
Non free lunch
Cons
Long hours only to assist customers.
I was stockroom admin .My duty is to administrator stock. I learn a lot administration The management are professional My staff are very friendly Optimasation its hard to implement Achieving targe
Pros
Providing traning
Cons
not having transport allowance
Sales, unpacking stock. Cashier, sales,serving customers I have learned to work under pressure,and enjoyed it. Worked with a good and well trained management, We all have to worked as a team. Busy periods hardest part, but challenging Customers start to know you, always comes back to you asking you by your name for their needs and help
Pros
Lunch
Cons
my day at work begin with a morning meeting everyday before the shop open.that inform you of changes made or what they want from you in that day. i have learned that given the oppertinity you can and will work your way to the top. management is very professional but very open to ideas ond input from there workers.that make a winning team. co - workers always there for eachother.always there to work as a team because they work so well alone. the hardest part of the job is when the day is almost done because i always feel like there is more to do. i enjoy every aspect of the job. i like to learn so the diffirent departments is for me a joy and a challenge.
Pros
everyday meetings
Cons
when hours enterfere with public transport time.
This is a nice place to work in, the weekend were the most typical or challenging days especially month ends where the store is so busy where you have some impatient customers all they want is to take what they want, pay and go, now one has to be there for them so that they dont get upset and leave the store due to long lines, when you dealing with this people you have to listern to their frustration and and explain to them why the lines are so long and what are you doing about them, in this case one learn to be patient and learn to listern and be in customers shoes, Management and colleaques are so supportive and helpful in reaching the company goal, the worsed part is when you deal with a customer who says they know everything or a difficult customer, one has to be very careful as to what you say to that customer, you need to win that customer over to you in order to solve his or her problem and I enjoy my job when I deal with those kind of customer because you end up learning one or two things from that customer as they will tell you how to handle them and once they are gone you use the same method to other customer and you end up not having difficult customer
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Extended hours
I would come in store and sort the clothes on the rails so they look neat and tidy for the customers, but most of the time I would work in the fitting room and assist customers who want to fit clothes. Co-workers were friendly, most of them. Management was supportive. Hardest part of the job was the rude customers and the most enjoyable was interacting with different customers obviously and seeing them leave the store happy and satisfied with the service
Pros
Cons
working long hours while standing
Very demanding job Always maintaining professionalism towards customers Co-workers were fun to work with Management very strict
my typical day a work comprised of standing behind the till ringing merchandise purchased by the customer while making sure they get the best buying experiences from my services. I sold and made store targets by opening up accounts, replenishing items. to work with people one has to be friendly at all times. management was organised and they maintained a generally work based relationship with their employees (they kept everything professional)
Pros
target competitions
Cons
standing through out the day
Work with people, selling clothes to the public. I have learned how to sell clothes, Management was good. The was no hardest part of the job and the most enjoyable part was to serve the customers.
Pros
Discount on clothes
Cons
Working Saterdays
Everyday I looked forward to go work,with the colleagues i had that made the job worthy easy. i also had friendly and understanding management. the working hours were progressive also. It was nice too to work with customers. I had fun and was learning and enjoying everyday, but i had to find school because i had passed my grade 12 that year.
Pros
working hours and good salary
Work day - Stressful but challenging Learned - Deal with challenges, assertiveness, developing new systems from start to end, JCL, accounting, interfacing with other systems, database design, working with VSAM files, translating Hex dumps, dealing efficiently with extremely large amounts of data during the time when space was limited and expensive, became PC literate, interacting with users and business analysts. Management - mostly good managers who helped their staff to grow Hardest - bad standby weeks, averaged 3 hrs sleep a night, in earlier times had to drive in, no cell phone or PC. Enjoyable - challenges and opportunity to learn, grow and advance
Pros
Good experience gained
Cons
High stress standby
The work place is great and co-workers are very nice and they assist you when you new. I have learned a lot when it come to dealing with a customer and all thanks to my co-workers. The management is good in a way, but what i do not understand is why they do not tell you of what is expected of you, most of the new workers learn from their co-workers. The hardest part to work in is the stork room because the stork is expected to be on the rails by the end of the day so you need to work fast. The most enjoyable part of the job is being a Cashier because there you are able to inter-act with the customer.
Pros
Early lunch
Cons
Long ours
Working hard to be the best at all times. I'd go to management and ask for help were I was lacking. Working hand in hand with my co-workers helped us to achieve your goals. As I was a service centre operator (S.C.O) some times queue will be very long and hectic, we'll face hardest time but with our good spirit to work hard, we'll work hard and over come the situation. When you serving someone there, you'll wouldn't want they do for living, as you start to interact with them, then you find out that you been talking with the CEO, Dr, Teacher, Accountant, etc. and they all down to earth, and we were just having a normal conversation. That made me feel very special and inspire me to work harder to be were I want to be in life.
Pros
we'll get free lunch when we were ready busy, as a token of appreciation.
Cons
We work long hours during holiday times.