Edgars
3,7 out of 5 stars.

Edgars Management reviews

I acquired various useful skills. A typical day at work is always busy and productive. The management is always willing to assist you whenever help is needed. The customers are friendly and always satisfied with the service. The workplace staff are very kind and helpful. They work well together as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job is when a customer leaves the store happy.
i have learned a lot by working at the stockroom,ive never known that brands of clothing had to be hanged differently(each clothing range has its own hanger).Management of time was very important because we had a target of about 40 boxes in maximum to unpack
A day at Edgars is like in any other retail store, lots of customers who want nothing but to leave the store happy. I learned that for one to be productive you must do your job whole heartedly. The management was very suppotive. the co-workers worked as a team even if sometimes there are differences. the herdest part of my job was having to tell a customer that what he/she wants cannot be done. the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to communicate effectively with your customers and see the leaave the store with a broad smile on their face.
Pros
meeting a lot of influencial people
Cons
long hour and working sundays
A typical day at is serving customer, what we were taught is to keep our customers happy at all times. Management was supportive, we were allowed to move around different departments to learn. The most enjoyable part of my job was customer queries, i enjoyed solving a problem for a customer and to see a frustrated customer leave the happy.
Pros
bonus
Cons
My job was exciting, I enjoy working or engaging with different people everyday and the most exciting part of the job was learning about retail and different types of behavior when it comes to customers. I loved my management it was a woman and a man their desire to see the shops sales increase were amazing and motivating us to push harder and work hard. The hardest part of the job was dealing with customers that do not want to understand , but you are taught that the customer is always right and you must listen to them and give them what they want but not always through convincing them hard.
Pros
The overtime money
Cons
woorking when people are on holiday
. Recap staff scheduling , update tasking board, signoff operations checklists, visit intranet to check any promotional or merchandise communications.. I have learned PIPP values. People, Intergrity, Professionalism and performance. We have a very unique working relationship where we compliment each other on skills and business knowledge.. Management culture is very simple, we get right attitute and we develop skills..Hardest park of my job is working with staff shortage as it always compromise level of customer service though ur team is multi skilled. I enjoy seeing a delighted customer walking out of the store knowing very well that i will see that customer again
Pros
ishare yethu benefits every january and july.
Cons
staff attitude towards customers while they have been trained to provide excellent cutomer service
-we start of the day with a morning meeting wish outlines the profit we made the previous day. -i have learned that customers are your number one piority when working in retail. -management aways pushing for a prodactive work place and they lead helping hand when ever they can. - co-workers are like family. - hardest part u cant please every one they is aways that one customer who will leave the store not happy. - enjoyable meeting new people everyday i just love people
Pros
my co-workers
Cons
One day I was shouted in front of customers it was the worst day for me.I've learnt a lot from both staff and management,they thout me a lot.The job was not dat hard, I really had a great time at edgars.
Pros
free coffee or tea
Cons
normal working hours
My day @ work was not that long because i was a cusual worker,i learned that working in retail is tough because sometimes you have to work during weekends and holidays.Management was o.k in a way,just the usual pressure everyone gets from managent.Ihad excellent co-workers with good communication skills...we work together to accomplish our duties.The hardest part about working in the credit department is finding new business.Most enjoyable part of the job was talking to different people daily.
Pros
yes there was free lunches
Cons
long nights when doing stock taking
i have learned working with good relationship with individuals of different culture backgrounds. the management is good and my workers where also caring and hard working people, the is no hardest part of the job beside standing long hours. the most enjoyable part of the job was working with different people of different cultures.
Pros
interacting with different people
Cons
nothing
I have learned a lot, this was my first employer and i accomplished good communication skill, good time management and excellent planning skills, being flexible and organised, computer skills and working with different people from different cultures that was the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
free lunches during stock taking
Cons
long hours during sales and stock taking
At Edgars i learned to be polite, friendly, helpfull and delight and i learned that every customer must go out of a shop happy. Management at Edgars make sure the staff fget well traning and they train theire staff every fied that the emmployees are intrested in, Team work is well nown that is why Edgars staff they are good in customer service, the work together as a team.Every job has its own ups and downs hardest part you come across them and its not every day , most of the time is when a customer challeges your services and the enjoyable part of the job is when customers give you complement on your servises
Pros
wwhe working long hours thers a free lunch
Cons
stock taking and on red carpet promotion
I learnt alot about team work and having a working relationship with co-workers especially those whom I shared the cell phone counter with. A typical day at edgars was mentally tirring due to different customer complains, customers had the mentallity of "I am always right". However with all the challenges I faced, they were a true memorable expierence. The management had their highs and low like any other industry. I truelly enjoyed handling and solving quieries which arised. I also rnjoyed selling cell phones to customers knowning that I had changed their minds into buying a more exclusive phone and added to the company's profit margins that brought a smile to my face.
Pros
learnership programme
Cons
- customer came to the store to check if his cellphone insurance has been approved and it was pending for four months,the customer was furious and angry about the pending of the claim he made.I had to call the insurance callcenter to find out and at the end the claim was approved- I have learned to symphathise with a customer and assist them to my level best.-Management involvement is always required if things go out of hand or a customer requires to see them' but at this point I handled the situation alright.- We work as a team and prove the best we could- When a customer does not understand the terms and conditions of the services the store provide- when targets are reached, because it shows that we are providing a good service to our customers.
Cons
knock off time always dependent on the last customer
-To be productive in being multifunctional in everything. - I learnd that great leaders can make a difference BUT extrodinary leaders consistently achieve results,- Management are transperant and very open. - An excelent team that strive to do there best in all their daily functions. - Nothing about my job is hard I love what I do STRESS is a just a word fir me it is a Challenge . - Being able to work with people and delivering on excelent customer service.no
Pros
training an development, i share yethu bones and incentive boneses
Cons
long hours, shift
The company has a lot of values about being positive and how to increase productivity but they do not instill it in themselves. It should start by management being role models for their staff but instead managers throw their weight around. Also departments should be maintained and things should not be put into place only when their is a visit from higher management.
A typical day at work was when I was running the department all alone,I had to be a sales specialist,get the phones for customers,do daily Administration,and alSo process transactions for every costomer.All I did was using my skills which is flexible,quick thinker ,interpersonal skills.the day went very well and smooth.I have learned a lot e g customer service,how to work with people.Also gained lot of expirience,now I'm confident and competent to contribute to any company.Management EDGARS. They so helpful and caring ,they open to everyone to tlk if there's a problem.Team work is what I like about my co-workers,very helpful and caring .The hardest part of the job is when customers bringing back a cellular telling you that he /she can't operate the handset.I enjoy work when we making target,having enough stock to sell,
Pros
insentives
Cons
normal hours