Edgars

Edgars Pay & Benefits reviews

Customer service its a priority and adhere to the customer needs. My journey with Edgar's has provided a massive experience about the leadership, productivity, how to handle pressure and be creative in short space of time and analytical thinking. The management team is transparent and supportive . Edgar's strive for excellence in every aspect of business and they want to create a friendly environment for customers through best service and quality products they sell. The challenge about the job basically would be to always offer the best service to the customers. And the enjoyable part of the job is the work benefits when the target it is reached by the store.
I'm willing to learn more. it's a good environment with a lot of skills and opportunities .with team work honestly integrity and it's nice place with benefits
Besides long hours working at Edgars is very challenging and competitive bt it was fun and i experienced good things with the staff and they r very friendly and good at wht they doing..
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
My salary is a little less cause I'm at unisa doing my distance learning, now i have to pay my fees. So i cant afford rent, school and transportation.
When i worked at newcastle mall i Didnt gets paid when I was working at Edgar's so I had to leave the job 🙄I wasn't happy at all I wasted my money for transport.
I was working only when the shop is busy and they where paying me each and every monday ,eg you can only sometimes work 2 days a week and at monday you get 236 by that time i was having a new baby born
Pros
Free tea
Cons
Sundays
I loved my job n I enjoyed it BT it came to a place where I no longer enjoy it because we where treated unfairly especially managenent n the salary I was getting there was very little there was no change so I decided to go to other option
Pros
Free lunches when reached target of certain services
Cons
Would get long hours if we count stock or having store visits
Need good skills management and training of security as well. Also manage to need to be helpful towards there staff members at all times. It will help.
Pros
Incentive
Cons
Edgar's is a very good working environment, because along your work you get to know people,work with different people everyday and that makes the job to be more interesting.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
I was happy fir the past 4 years but with the closure of stores in 2019 it made me realise I had to get everything was good you get the best salary.Good bonuses
Pros
payed lunches
Cons
first job after school. learning experience of how the workplace is. store always busy. loved working with the customers coming in and out the store. and learning alot about retail.
Pros
discounts on clothing
Cons
remuneration not so good and very long hours
Working at edgars is secured and a nice place to work and yes we do get benefits when we make monthly and early target which does help and we get staff discount which also helps
Pros
More benefits
Cons
Long working hours
Working at Edgar's was very nice and I did my job perfectly , even when the manager requested us to make thank you cards I used to make more than the target.
Pros
You bring your own lunch
Cons
Normal hours
I've learned that communication to stuff and customer it's very important.stuff meeting are very important,u learn more about your company,selling product n insurances.
Pros
Staff price
Cons
Salary
Good company to be part of within sales. The customers a good and challenging sometimes, you learn more about fashion and clothing. The management is good.
Pros
Free transport
Cons
You have to listern to your siniors in order to learn do what you are being told to do Also engage you self with the job you applied for be dedicated be available
Pros
Free lunches when you give good customer service
Cons
Great company with many learning opportunities. Very little to no benefits for casual staff. Understaffed in most stores so too much work and pressure on staff members
Cons
Very long hours
I learned a lot in the short time i have been working there it was my first job as a student and i highly appreciate the opportunity i was given by Edgars, i learnt the importance of time management punctuality and on a daily bases i met new people which opened mevup to new experience, thoigh sometimes the hours were long i learnt to prioritize and to put my responsibilities above all else.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
It was good working here under pressure, gained some good experience from this job. Helped deal with stressful situations dealing with frustrated customers. Overall it was a fun working environment among the employees.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Was year back and as a student had to strive to earn a salary to assist my parents. The company gave me a solid to start my career. my duties was as follows. As a student focusing on customer satisfaction, assist to exchange garments and promoting new specials in store. Perform cashier and packing duties. Assist with month end stock take.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
long hours on your feet
Good company to work for and have great benefits. Edcon has excellent growth opportunities within the company . The culture in Edcon is good and motivating to all individuals.
Pros
security