Edgars

Clear
3,3Work-Life Balance
2,9Pay & Benefits

Relaxed and calm productive

I liked working at edgars alot because i like exploring working with people learning more about people's preferences and edgars give me that opportunities each day going to work was a beautiful challenge because i was going to do something new everyday.

Pros

Free transport when working late

Cons

They pay overtime

Growth

There’s room for growth , great benefits ,incentives. Putting their staff first ,staff transport for late shift (safety for their staff)keeping staff up to date with new trends and info.

Benefits

Cons

Working public holidays

Fun working place

It's so fun working in Edgar's, but sometimes the some difficult you face as an employee but overall would come back and work for Edgar's again it's a great company.

Pros

Free lunch we popping up I don't wanna lie

Cons

Yeah hour's we long but get paid for overtime

Competitive and advance

Customer service its a priority and adhere to the customer needs. My journey with Edgar's has provided a massive experience about the leadership, productivity, how to handle pressure and be creative in short space of time and analytical thinking. The management team is transparent and supportive . Edgar's strive for excellence in every aspect of business and they want to create a friendly environment for customers through best service and quality products they sell. The challenge about the job basically would be to always offer the best service to the customers. And the enjoyable part of the job is the work benefits when the target it is reached by the store.

I learned a lot

I'm willing to learn more. it's a good environment with a lot of skills and opportunities .with team work honestly integrity and it's nice place with benefits

Average

Besides long hours working at Edgars is very challenging and competitive bt it was fun and i experienced good things with the staff and they r very friendly and good at wht they doing..

Pros

No free lunches

My salary is very less

My salary is a little less cause I'm at unisa doing my distance learning, now i have to pay my fees. So i cant afford rent, school and transportation.

Opening accounts for costomers

When i worked at newcastle mall i Didnt gets paid when I was working at Edgar's so I had to leave the job 🙄I wasn't happy at all I wasted my money for transport.

Good working place

I was working only when the shop is busy and they where paying me each and every monday ,eg you can only sometimes work 2 days a week and at monday you get 236 by that time i was having a new baby born

Pros

Free tea

Cons

Sundays

Enjoyable workplace

To work at edgars tought me how to handle different customer attitudes..i enjoyed working at edgars because the management was so eager to teach how to multitask..

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Overtime

I worked nice

I loved my job n I enjoyed it BT it came to a place where I no longer enjoy it because we where treated unfairly especially managenent n the salary I was getting there was very little there was no change so I decided to go to other option

Pros

Free lunches when reached target of certain services

Cons

Would get long hours if we count stock or having store visits

Friendly staff members

Need good skills management and training of security as well. Also manage to need to be helpful towards there staff members at all times. It will help.

Pros

Incentive

Fun working place

Edgar's is a very good working environment, because along your work you get to know people,work with different people everyday and that makes the job to be more interesting.

Pros

No free lunch

productive and fun place

I was happy fir the past 4 years but with the closure of stores in 2019 it made me realise I had to get everything was good you get the best salary.Good bonuses

Pros

payed lunches

busy

first job after school. learning experience of how the workplace is. store always busy. loved working with the customers coming in and out the store. and learning alot about retail.

Pros

discounts on clothing

Cons

remuneration not so good and very long hours

Secure workplace

Working at edgars is secured and a nice place to work and yes we do get benefits when we make monthly and early target which does help and we get staff discount which also helps

Pros

More benefits

Cons

Long working hours

Fun place to work but salary was not as said in the contract

Working at Edgar's was very nice and I did my job perfectly , even when the manager requested us to make thank you cards I used to make more than the target.

Pros

You bring your own lunch

Cons

Normal hours

Fun

I've learned that communication to stuff and customer it's very important.stuff meeting are very important,u learn more about your company,selling product n insurances.

Pros

Staff price

Cons

Salary

Good company to be part of within sales. The customers a good and challenging sometimes, you learn more about fashion and clothing. The management is good.

Pros

Free transport

Cons

It was fun i have learned alot from edgars i have learned how to work with people also the castomer service is very important

You have to listern to your siniors in order to learn do what you are being told to do Also engage you self with the job you applied for be dedicated be available

Pros

Free lunches when you give good customer service

Cons

Great company for learning experience but no security of permanent employment and constant issues relating payment of casual employees

Great company with many learning opportunities. Very little to no benefits for casual staff. Understaffed in most stores so too much work and pressure on staff members

Cons

Very long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edgars. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,3 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance