Edgars

South Africa261 reviews

Clear
3,3Work-Life Balance
2,9Pay & Benefits

Being creative doing tomorrow work today making dead ends meet

Working at the company was worth it gave me time to grow learn and shared my skills knowledge meeting different people and culture and communication with customers delivering good customer service planning ahead and making dead ends meet thank you

Pros

Free lunch on special occasions

Cons

Doing launch promotions required long hours

Growth

There’s room for growth , great benefits ,incentives. Putting their staff first ,staff transport for late shift (safety for their staff)keeping staff up to date with new trends and info.

Benefits

Cons

Working public holidays

Fun work place

The Company is very good to work for but everyone starts somewhere but i left before getting a better position. Love the culture of the Edgar's family

Pros

Christmas gift, staff account

Highly stressful environment

Be prepared to work long hours beyond contractual obligations. No stability and excessive changes by management. Difficult work culture and very little work life balance.

Pros

good salaries at higher levels

Cons

No work life balance

I recommend Edgars for people who want to gain experience and knowledge about the working environment

Working at Edgars is very challenging especially for a pregnant woman you stand for very long hours, But for customer service I recommend them I have learnt alot about customer service and also about work ethics.

Ive learnt that in whatever you do always give your best when doing your job.also believe in yourself and never give up.be willing to adapt

I always give my best when it comes to doing my job.i put the customer first at all times.ensure that I do what I'm required to do at all times.i have good communication skills and very easy to work with.

Average

Besides long hours working at Edgars is very challenging and competitive bt it was fun and i experienced good things with the staff and they r very friendly and good at wht they doing..

Pros

No free lunches

Casual employment

Edgars had given me a very good experience of working in the retail industry. With a fairly relaxed atmosphere, great co-workers and managers, and a great working environment, I would gladly work for Edgars any day. However, this was a stepping stone on my path to a better career. It has given me good experience and growth to the working environment.

Long hours pay not much

They stress you with productive and not promoting stuff they not give credit where it due.you work hard for the money they gave u less activity angry management

Good working place

I was working only when the shop is busy and they where paying me each and every monday ,eg you can only sometimes work 2 days a week and at monday you get 236 by that time i was having a new baby born

Pros

Free tea

Cons

Sundays

fun work place

you need to attend to customers in a very professional manner. make sure you know your product you selling in your department. merchandise your department up to company's standard.

Pros

incentives when you opened an account

I worked nice

I loved my job n I enjoyed it BT it came to a place where I no longer enjoy it because we where treated unfairly especially managenent n the salary I was getting there was very little there was no change so I decided to go to other option

Pros

Free lunches when reached target of certain services

Cons

Would get long hours if we count stock or having store visits

Fun and very productive

Yes I worked there it was great working there learnt a lot from the company for an example I learnt how to work with customers, people how to respect another person and how to behave in the midst of other peeps.

Was fun. Colleagues and customers always nice. My manager at the time was understanding and always ready to help or answer a question.

Treat your customers with respect always. If you working on the floor and get asked for assistance always try and help. Never say you new and you don't know the store yet. Go the extra mile for your customers...make small talk and always lend a ear. Don't take tips because it gives your colleagues and managers the wrong impression.

Cons

Weird hours

Friendly staff members

Need good skills management and training of security as well. Also manage to need to be helpful towards there staff members at all times. It will help.

Pros

Incentive

Fun working place

Edgar's is a very good working environment, because along your work you get to know people,work with different people everyday and that makes the job to be more interesting.

Pros

No free lunch

prodcutive and fun

l learn how to deal to with customers, our management was supportive and our hardest time its when we deal with thief or customer complain that we charge them too much. but I enjoy working there because helping people or to see another person left our have something they want.

Pros

no free lunch

Cons

Summary

The workplace was what we made it. It always depends on the team that you are on the shift with. The environment was great for learning how to deal with people because we were exposed to different people every day. The hardest part about the job was to constantly be positive even when the customer is being impossible.

Pros

Working with people

Cons

Customer attitude

productive and fun place

I was happy fir the past 4 years but with the closure of stores in 2019 it made me realise I had to get everything was good you get the best salary.Good bonuses

Pros

payed lunches

Cons

its challenging, able to tackle conflict very easy

its such a good experience working with this company.i have learned and grow as an individual i have also leaned to tacle with different challenges on the daily basis.

busy

first job after school. learning experience of how the workplace is. store always busy. loved working with the customers coming in and out the store. and learning alot about retail.

Pros

discounts on clothing

Cons

remuneration not so good and very long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edgars. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,3 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance