Edgars
3,7 out of 5 stars.

Edgars Work-Life Balance reviews

Working at the company was worth it gave me time to grow learn and shared my skills knowledge meeting different people and culture and communication with customers delivering good customer service planning ahead and making dead ends meet thank you
Pros
Free lunch on special occasions
Cons
Doing launch promotions required long hours
The Company is very good to work for but everyone starts somewhere but i left before getting a better position. Love the culture of the Edgar's family
Pros
Christmas gift, staff account
Cons
Be prepared to work long hours beyond contractual obligations. No stability and excessive changes by management. Difficult work culture and very little work life balance.
Pros
good salaries at higher levels
Cons
No work life balance
Working at Edgars is very challenging especially for a pregnant woman you stand for very long hours, But for customer service I recommend them I have learnt alot about customer service and also about work ethics.
I always give my best when it comes to doing my job.i put the customer first at all times.ensure that I do what I'm required to do at all times.i have good communication skills and very easy to work with.
Besides long hours working at Edgars is very challenging and competitive bt it was fun and i experienced good things with the staff and they r very friendly and good at wht they doing..
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
Edgars had given me a very good experience of working in the retail industry. With a fairly relaxed atmosphere, great co-workers and managers, and a great working environment, I would gladly work for Edgars any day. However, this was a stepping stone on my path to a better career. It has given me good experience and growth to the working environment.
They stress you with productive and not promoting stuff they not give credit where it due.you work hard for the money they gave u less activity angry management
I was working only when the shop is busy and they where paying me each and every monday ,eg you can only sometimes work 2 days a week and at monday you get 236 by that time i was having a new baby born
Pros
Free tea
Cons
Sundays
you need to attend to customers in a very professional manner. make sure you know your product you selling in your department. merchandise your department up to company's standard.
Pros
incentives when you opened an account
Cons
I loved my job n I enjoyed it BT it came to a place where I no longer enjoy it because we where treated unfairly especially managenent n the salary I was getting there was very little there was no change so I decided to go to other option
Pros
Free lunches when reached target of certain services
Cons
Would get long hours if we count stock or having store visits
Yes I worked there it was great working there learnt a lot from the company for an example I learnt how to work with customers, people how to respect another person and how to behave in the midst of other peeps.
Treat your customers with respect always. If you working on the floor and get asked for assistance always try and help. Never say you new and you don't know the store yet. Go the extra mile for your customers...make small talk and always lend a ear. Don't take tips because it gives your colleagues and managers the wrong impression.
Cons
Weird hours
Need good skills management and training of security as well. Also manage to need to be helpful towards there staff members at all times. It will help.
Pros
Incentive
Cons
Edgar's is a very good working environment, because along your work you get to know people,work with different people everyday and that makes the job to be more interesting.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
l learn how to deal to with customers, our management was supportive and our hardest time its when we deal with thief or customer complain that we charge them too much. but I enjoy working there because helping people or to see another person left our have something they want.
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
The workplace was what we made it. It always depends on the team that you are on the shift with. The environment was great for learning how to deal with people because we were exposed to different people every day. The hardest part about the job was to constantly be positive even when the customer is being impossible.
Pros
Working with people
Cons
Customer attitude
I was happy fir the past 4 years but with the closure of stores in 2019 it made me realise I had to get everything was good you get the best salary.Good bonuses
Pros
payed lunches
Cons
first job after school. learning experience of how the workplace is. store always busy. loved working with the customers coming in and out the store. and learning alot about retail.
Pros
discounts on clothing
Cons
remuneration not so good and very long hours
fn and team building in management and staff i have learnt a lot about customer service management is very fair and nuetral the most impressive part when we each target and get rewarded
Pros
incentives
Cons
Usually very busy around lunch time and in the evenings when shops about to close.Management are slave drivers with little to no consideration of the employee.The hardest part would be working very long hours without weekends off and very little payment and having to deal with difficult customers and management on a daily basis with no room to grow or advance to atleast permanent position.The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a satisfied and happy customer after giving them a great service.
Pros
commission
Cons
Long hours little pay