Edgars
3,7 out of 5 stars.

Edgars Employee Reviews

Working at the company was worth it gave me time to grow learn and shared my skills knowledge meeting different people and culture and communication with customers delivering good customer service planning ahead and making dead ends meet thank you
Pros
Free lunch on special occasions
Cons
Doing launch promotions required long hours
I find it very interactive as I am assisting customers with their purchases, guiding and advising them. I really enjoying interacting with people as I am a very kind and interactive person.
Pros
Getting tips from clients when they are happy with your services, as well as prizez for best services giver
Cons
Long hours, and the work on weekends
Ï enjoyed working for the biggest retail store which is world known, the environment was alive and the people there because ï believe ïn teamwork,but ï had to look for what ï enduced in my diploma.
Pros
Loved working there
Cons
I work at the tills and mostly I was working on the floor I couldn't be able to interact more with the customer service. I would be busy packing cloths.
Pros
More time on tea break
Cons
Short notice
it would be a normal day and quiet some other days would be hectic and busy and getting to come across customers and assisting them. it was enjoyable having to learn to help a customer on a certain garmet that we dont have at the store having to call all stores.
It was very much an "every man for himself" type of working environment. It was a good learning experience though but for amount of work done,you weren't really compensated fairly. Also job security,nobody's job was really safe.
Work is ok but some managers want you to do their work that's unfair working for the company was fun and I would return if they employ more staff and focus on customer needs
Pros
if store make budget you get money
Cons
Work in all departments not getting paid for it
Enjoyed working here. great room for growth. hard to get leave if needed. always working weekends. job didn't allow family time. salary wasn't good enough .
Pros
easy working environment, lovely team
Cons
poor pay
They knew how to deal wit their employees and they take them very serious ,cause they the ones making all sales and other things possible in the shop.
Pros
promotions and competitions'
Cons
normal hours
You need to have good time management, have a good communication skill and laslty put customers first,have a way of making customers special be lovely
Pros
Free luch
Cons
Short hours
It was a good experience working at Edgar's even though it was a part time job and there was no basic salary.but as it was my 1st job after matric I really enjoyed working there and gaining experience.When you go and look for a job at Edgar's you should take your CV to edcon head office at Jhb
Cons
All was well even though I was not getting paid but it was a good platform for me to gain experience and knowledge as to how retail industry works it was fantastic
Pros
Cons
Yes those red carpet nights but I enjoyed
the work environment was warm and friendly, therefore allowing me to work productively and to be comfortable when communicating with the customers .
Pros
earn per hour
Cons
non
Working at Edgars is very good and enjoyable there's no pressure or stress if you doing your job properly All you need is to work smart don't be lazy Respect your fellows and managers always treat customers in a good way You have to know that customer is always right don't be harsh to customers
Pros
Good working with the other staff and respected manager with good leading
Cons
I haven't seen bad things it always good in my side
i learned that by being friendly and professional you can overcome defeats, to every client i market and convince, turn them from being angry to happy
Pros
insentives
Cons
Enjoyable work environment however the working hours were long and we worked over public holidays and weekends as per roster. I learnt a lot about Customer Service.
Pros
Discounted rates
Cons
Long hours over busy periods
Its very nice to work for this company but now I want more experience I work for this company for 15 years with my loyalty and integrity Im confidents
Pros
Incentives
Cons
They pay overtime
It was a great opportunity for me to work as a cashier at Edgars, I gained a lot of experience and the management was good, customer service was great
Pros
own lunch
Cons
long working hours
Working at Edgar's was very interesting because it taught me about responsibility and good work ethic in unexpected ways. Therefore I would recommend working there, however, there are certain problems with the scheduled payments among the Edgar's staff.
Pros
Discount on clothes
Cons
Not getting paid on time
Sales is challenging but enjoyable because you feel great whenever you assist a customer that he/she purchase the item and always look for you because of excellent customer service you gave, the hardest part is to convince at times you run out of plans that's when I learned to allow the customer make their own choice at times. The most enjoyable moment in retail is during promotion.
Pros
incentives
Cons
Added hours during staff shortage
weekly meetings with team ,for feedback, on the weekly performance to budget. Monitoring the forecasting of stock inputs. Meeting with suppliers monthly Seasonal reports on product and personal performance
Pros
product exposure
  1. Employee Reviews