Edgars
Coronavirus update

Edgars Employee Reviews

South Africa247 reviews
3,0
I acquired various useful skills. A typical day at work is always busy and productive. The management is always willing to assist you whenever help is needed. The customers are friendly and always satisfied with the service. The workplace staff are very kind and helpful. They work well together as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job is when a customer leaves the store happy.
3,0
It was very much an "every man for himself" type of working environment. It was a good learning experience though but for amount of work done,you weren't really compensated fairly. Also job security,nobody's job was really safe.
3,0
Work is ok but some managers want you to do their work that's unfair working for the company was fun and I would return if they employ more staff and focus on customer needs
Pros
if store make budget you get money
Cons
Work in all departments not getting paid for it
3,0
Enjoyed working here. great room for growth. hard to get leave if needed. always working weekends. job didn't allow family time. salary wasn't good enough .
Pros
easy working environment, lovely team
Cons
poor pay
5,0
They knew how to deal wit their employees and they take them very serious ,cause they the ones making all sales and other things possible in the shop.
Pros
promotions and competitions'
Cons
normal hours
4,0
You need to have good time management, have a good communication skill and laslty put customers first,have a way of making customers special be lovely
Pros
Free luch
Cons
Short hours
2,0
It was a good experience working at Edgar's even though it was a part time job and there was no basic salary.but as it was my 1st job after matric I really enjoyed working there and gaining experience.When you go and look for a job at Edgar's you should take your CV to edcon head office at Jhb
4,0
All was well even though I was not getting paid but it was a good platform for me to gain experience and knowledge as to how retail industry works it was fantastic
Pros
Cons
Yes those red carpet nights but I enjoyed
3,0
the work environment was warm and friendly, therefore allowing me to work productively and to be comfortable when communicating with the customers .
Pros
earn per hour
Cons
non
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Edgars?
5,0
Working at Edgars is very good and enjoyable there's no pressure or stress if you doing your job properly
All you need is to work smart don't be lazy

Respect your fellows and managers always treat customers in a good way

You have to know that customer is always right don't be harsh to customers
Pros
Good working with the other staff and respected manager with good leading
Cons
I haven't seen bad things it always good in my side
5,0
i learned that by being friendly and professional you can overcome defeats, to every client i market and convince, turn them from being angry to happy
Pros
insentives
3,0
Enjoyable work environment however the working hours were long and we worked over public holidays and weekends as per roster. I learnt a lot about Customer Service.
Pros
Discounted rates
Cons
Long hours over busy periods
5,0
Its very nice to work for this company but now I want more experience I work for this company for 15 years with my loyalty and integrity Im confidents
Pros
Incentives
Cons
They pay overtime
3,0
It was a great opportunity for me to work as a cashier at Edgars, I gained a lot of experience and the management was good, customer service was great
Pros
own lunch
Cons
long working hours
2,0
Working at Edgar's was very interesting because it taught me about responsibility and good work ethic in unexpected ways. Therefore I would recommend working there, however, there are certain problems with the scheduled payments among the Edgar's staff.
Pros
Discount on clothes
Cons
Not getting paid on time
5,0
Sales is challenging but enjoyable because you feel great whenever you assist a customer that he/she purchase the item and always look for you because of excellent customer service you gave, the hardest part is to convince at times you run out of plans that's when I learned to allow the customer make their own choice at times. The most enjoyable moment in retail is during promotion.
Pros
incentives
Cons
Added hours during staff shortage
4,0
weekly meetings with team ,for feedback, on the weekly performance to budget.
Monitoring the forecasting of stock inputs.

Meeting with suppliers monthly

Seasonal reports on product and personal performance
Pros
product exposure
5,0
Learning process, they give vast understanding, of operations training, training in all department to be flexible, give staff empowemet, training in management level.
Cons
Unpayed overtime
3,0
a typical day at work was working in the stockroom and helping out on the floor. A lot. My manager was very kind. the most enjoyable part was my friends I made
Pros
free transport when you work overtime
Cons
weekend working
3,0
Edgars is quietly amazing, i worked there i think for 6 months and i enjoyed working at customer service helping customers, i would learn new things everyday.
Pros
We would get free lunch if we did a good custmer service
Cons
No long hours
3,0
We had same activities sametimes &we would have fun.I have learned how to work with customers & make them feel at home.The management was not so good because they sametimes treated us unfairly.The hardest part of the job,will be when we do not have enough staff on the departments and still have to help the customers.The most enjoyable part of the job,will be activities that we have.
Pros
Free gifts