Edgars
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Edgars Employee Reviews

South Africa247 reviews
3,0
I acquired various useful skills. A typical day at work is always busy and productive. The management is always willing to assist you whenever help is needed. The customers are friendly and always satisfied with the service. The workplace staff are very kind and helpful. They work well together as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job is when a customer leaves the store happy.
3,0
Management at the time was stressful
Long busy hours working weekends as well

Everything was done manually at the time unlike currently

Staff was continuously monitored
Pros
Enjoyed assisting public
Cons
stressful environment
3,0
As big as the company is for me it was like a company that it is trying to get its foot right, because just for a week you will get more that ten secular that contradict each other. Today they will tell you to do this and tomorrow it is changed you have to undo everything. There was something wrong with managers I don't know if it was pressure or what. The hardest part of the job is when the is price adjustment in your department and you have no assistant and at they expect me to multi task meaning I have to be at service center and at my department at the same time.
The most enjoyable part was when they acknowledge your hard work.
3,0
in this company i didn't work long, it was only few month but i enjoyed some of the times with them, there wasn't anything hard about the job, most enjoyable part was to serve customers as quick as i can making sure we don't have long ques.
Pros
free lunches made by management when the store has reached the target
3,0
Enjoyed working at the company although the scheduling wasn't always in my favour .Nonetheless it was lovely getting to deal with different customers who somehow taught me that everyone is unique in his or her own way .Year end functions were awesome.
Pros
Sincere working environment
Cons
Few working days = less income
4,0
Had fun , was professional and efficient. enjoyable working conditions, staff was kind and helpful in terms of training.
Manager at knysna branch was amazing.
4,0
Working for Edgars was not that much fun. I was a casual worker and so my salary was not satisfactory. I worked because I needed the money for grocery
Pros
aircondition
1,0
again fun because of the people and the different customers you deal with everyday and that all i can say about that company. the management does not respect they staff and they is racial limitations in-terms of promotions.
Pros
bonus and gifts
Cons
under paid
5,0
Edgarz is worldwide known clothing store.They provide quality and beautiful clothes for all genders and different age groups.they do not only sell clothes but jewellery and essentials &perfumes as well.Their brand is known for the best.Edgarz gave me experience as I was still a student at the University of Johannesburg so I took an opportunity to work there during school holidays and I must say I am truly greatful and appreciate the journey with them as I knew nothing about the working environment.
Pros
staff discounts
Cons
long hours and sometimes the day off's are too long
3,0
I enjoyed every single day I spent working for Edgar, management team was good and co-workers where like second family to me.I have learned a lot at Edgars, good communication skills, being problem solver, good listener and most of all a team player. Nothing was hard because I was open to learn new things every day.
3,0
Productive environment to work in. fun and friendly staff.Short hours, Management is very strict and co-workers are friendly and hard working. learned to work with different people.
Cons
Short hours
4,0
* A typical day involved an extensive amount of staff and customer interaction.
* I learned to balance staff relations and customer relations.

* Management was extremely staff driven and developing and training staff was high priority. However, there was a lot of spoon feeding and working on own initiative was highly unlikely.

* My co-workers were extremely supportive and friendly. Very supportive towards HR.

* The hardest part of the job was not being able to use my own initiative. Every action had to be pre-approved.

* The most enjoyable part of the job was all the in-store action with regard to promotions and sales.
Pros
Good Career prospects and secure working environment.
Cons
The retail industry demands long working hours, however, staff benefits are excellent.
2,0
Edgars we had to deal with customer on the daily basis that were returning,exchange and orders. We had very nice and difficult times with customers that a demanding and not willing to listen to the terms and conditions of the return policy.
Pros
One hour lunch
Cons
8 hours
3,0
Good place to work,but not happy about the salary considering all the responsibility that come with my position. Otherwise i m enjoying my job
Pros
Share payouts twice a year
3,0
It was a really nice place to work as it was near the festive time and it was a bit challenging but also fun trying to find different ways to do the job. Also got to interact with people all the time
5,0
had a very good time working at the place..management was well organized and had a great system of trading...very fun and exiting working with people(customers)..unfortunately had to leave the place sue to expiring of contract.
Pros
benefits for staff members
Cons
non renewable contract
5,0
Edgars was like a home to me, my co-workers eventually turned into friends and it was fun. The management was great and the workload was superb. I miss working in such environment, having to meet, see and help new people everyday. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with difficult customer but either way, I learned a lot from such people. I enjoyed every part of the job.
Pros
discounts
5,0
Comfortable place with good employees ,love and equity,dress code on point costomer service is good ,the environment is healthy all the time . being at work feels more like being at home , we all feel equal as employees
Pros
enough break
Cons
fair working hours
4,0
I learned a lot about customer service and treating people, the world of retail is different but it teaches most about how to handle one self. so i got custom to wanting to help customers get the help thye need to shop happier.
Pros
felt like home
Cons
hectic hours
5,0
Working at Edgar has gain me experience in providing good customer service mainly to edgars customers. I now know how to deal with difficult customers.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
normal hours
4,0
I enjoyed working for the company gained experience even working long hours trying to reach target and working as a team together with the management
Pros
free lunches