Edgars

Edgars Employee Reviews

I acquired various useful skills. A typical day at work is always busy and productive. The management is always willing to assist you whenever help is needed. The customers are friendly and always satisfied with the service. The workplace staff are very kind and helpful. They work well together as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job is when a customer leaves the store happy.
Working at Edgar has gain me experience in providing good customer service mainly to edgars customers. I now know how to deal with difficult customers.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
normal hours
I enjoyed working for the company gained experience even working long hours trying to reach target and working as a team together with the management
Pros
free lunches
I was a casual (temp) aswell, so our contract were over that's when they started to reduce the working hours and that means less payment aswell
Pros
9 to 5 hours of work
Cons
Stocktakes
I am a very hard work person and can adapt to any situation and task given through to me. Im polite and can work with any difficult client. Im a hard worker
Pros
Friendly enviroment
Cons
not to long hours
Helping the customers, making orders for the customers, I enjoy interacting with the customers, the long hours was the hardest thing.
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
It's a huge company with good management, fun to work with fellow colleagues,learn each day and coming with ideas,enjoying each day tasks and working so hard to make it happen
Pros
free lunches simetimes
Cons
normal hours
It was not about who is more experience but was more about respecting each other and helping customers because we all wanted the business to grow. We had our time management and we Oldways wear full uniform. We knew that to sell our products we must smile
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Good growth opportunities. Flexi hours makes it a more balanced working environment. Fun place to work at working as a team. Target orrientated company.
Pros
days off
Cons
Extended trading hours during peak times
Had to walk around on the floor, greet the customers and assist them with queries and direct them to desired locations in the store. On the switchboard: Answering of incoming calls, transfer call to desired extensions. Approving of all outgoing staff call. At Customer Service Centre: Assisting client with allocating required item sizes,colours and makes, Contacting Fashion Hotline to speed up delivery time for clients goods bought.
Pros
Discount on Goods purchased
Cons
Long hours, and worked weekend, and public holidays
it was amazing working there everyone is friendly,it was interesting just by working with all kinds of different customers i really learned a lot when it comes to customer service
the place is great to work in. Everyone was professional from the security guard to the Store manager, when you go to work you know that you gonna assist the store reach it's daily, weekly and monthly store targets. The enjoyable moments was meeting new customers as they always had their opinions about our products and prices, i'v gained a lot of experience for the time i was working there. I would like to take what i learned there and put it to good use.
Merchandise , sales customer service , replenish and clean of your department Customer was a king Management were well respected Co-workers were driven by sales back then ( 1997) we only implemented what we were told there was no room for ideas back then ( 1997) Dealing with my customers
Pros
working with people
Cons
strict management
Job work / Life balance a problem, i.e. 2 Days off in a month. Salary and benefits quite low, particularly at lower levels. Too much workload caused by among others too much paper administration. Job security, management and culture need some serious improvement.
Pros
Performance based incentive
Cons
Too much paperwork
A typical day at work would see me interact with many customers and selling approximately 15 phones on a quiet day and up to 35 or more on a busy day. Certain customers would be difficult to work with but I overcame this with my excellent interpersonal skills. Management was supportive and understanding. The most enjoyable part of the job was reaching the weekly and monthly targets.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Awkward hours
Always something different to do. Lots of challenges that are achievable. Great place to learn. Learning opportunities
Co-workers were excellent working with, it was a bit stressful and busy but enjoyed every bit of it. The best part of this job was meeting different people and interacting with them.
A normal working day I have learned how to communicate with different types of people I had great management I also had great co-workers The hardest part was communicating with my assitance manager Communicating with customers
Cons
a typical day at work is servicing the clients and controlling, taking and pricing stock, solve all client queries, opening and closing of accounts and managing cash flow of your safe. Working most of my time in this job at the accounts department I have learned how to deal with complex account queries and how do solve those queries. I also learned how to prioritize and multi task because of the busy retail environment as well as the start of my customer service skills. My co-workers were fantastic given the fact that at the time I was one of the youngest of the all the staff and everyone was very protective over me and was always keen to help me where needed. The hardest part of the job was when your safe did not balance at the end of a busy day and after a long search for the difference it can not be located and all shortages were deducted from your salary every month. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the clients and having fun in the work place by making jokes.
Pros
Discount on products in store and serving clients
Cons
slow promotions in industry
i have learnt a lot and i had the opportunity to learn more about myself.there were many opportunities that you can choose from and if you were keen on learning more , they gave you a chance to expand your horizon.
Pros
less hours and not working on weekends
Cons
lots of work
I am a team player, I forever look forward to have a great team to face the day at work with and doing what is required from the team and making sure that we value our customers by making sure that they get what they deserve which is meeting their needs. At Edgar's making money for the company and serving consumers was my life.
Pros
Always at work and always serving
Cons
Dont value customers
  1. Employee Reviews