Edgars
3,7 out of 5 stars.

Edgars Employee Reviews

Working at the company was worth it gave me time to grow learn and shared my skills knowledge meeting different people and culture and communication with customers delivering good customer service planning ahead and making dead ends meet thank you
Pros
Free lunch on special occasions
Cons
Doing launch promotions required long hours
i have learnt a lot and i had the opportunity to learn more about myself.there were many opportunities that you can choose from and if you were keen on learning more , they gave you a chance to expand your horizon.
Pros
less hours and not working on weekends
Cons
lots of work
I am a team player, I forever look forward to have a great team to face the day at work with and doing what is required from the team and making sure that we value our customers by making sure that they get what they deserve which is meeting their needs. At Edgar's making money for the company and serving consumers was my life.
Pros
Always at work and always serving
Cons
Dont value customers
The managers are good and understanding to work with, the stuff is also good team to work with, always there to assist when in need of help.
Pros
Free transport for late workers
Cons
Must give out a certain numbers of cash cards a day from reluctant customers
it is a busy place put their customers first and supply quality products. I lent more of sales assistance and communication, working with other people.
Pros
n/a
Cons
overtime
Working at edgars store it was very nice the staff is very friendly and we work as a team, we respect each other together with our clients
Pros
tea break and overtime for lunch
Cons
It was so exciting to work with different cultures of people and it was my first time working in a big company.i learnt how to communicate with people,handling different queries and taking decisions on behalf of the store.i also learnt how to take responsibility about the things i am working with as i was working with expensive and risky stock.(cellphones, wacthes and jewellery)
The job was professional but working through an agency at a retail yields lessor payments although the staff was welcoming and decisive in caring out their duties.
Pros
free transport after hours
Cons
lower salaries
There was a customer who was looking for a shoe size and he could not find any on the shoe shelves, during that time I was supposed to be in the department , due to sending of the other employees for lunch break. I was told by my manager its urgent to return to the stock room/dispatch to verify our stock for our shoe department, when I got to the department the customer raised his anger voice at me and I remained calm and kept on apologising to him and when my manager arrived I told him about the situation, and my manager also apologised on his behalf and awarded him on a 30% discount on any shoes within the department. The customer thereafter became much better off , and I assisted him.
Pros
Extra lunch breaks
Cons
Late for work sometimes
A typical day at work its when it gets too busy and dealing with customers is the hardest thing ever but i manage to deal with them in a productive way.The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers.My co-workers are very hard working people i enjoy working with them.
Pros
tea time
Cons
very productive because edgars staff understands the importance of Team work and team buiding. working at edgars i learned the importance of tolerance, patience,because people are different with different moods and personality. My co-workes are very friendly and very helpfull
Co-worker were helpful. The job was not challenging. The management was good. I have learned a lot about customer services
Pros
discounts
Cons
It was a very greate place and a compay to work for gaining costomer expierence and geting to explore into the real world of business.the challenges was veery high meeting the daily and monthly target interpreting sales figures.meeting custumer satisfaction and retaining them it needs an somone who is dedicated to his or her job.it was anice place to work for.
Pros
we provide our own lunch the company only provide tea and cofee.
Cons
we woked long hours during stocktaking
Collating previous day turnover and comparing to last year performance, as well as brand ranking. Ive learned you are only as good as your previous day's performance, which made it a very competitive enviroment.
Pros
Allocation plus commission, uniform, overtime.
Cons
Set hours, one week-end off per month
I gained a lot of experience in Retail and knowing how to deal with clients. Being able to assist the Branch Manager and achieving good results.
Pros
Learning on how to handle clients and being appreciated
Cons
difficult customers
People need to be more secured and given assurance about their future; I think its high time more people work on a note permanent basises
1.Very active at work 2.Discipline and Ubuntu principles 3. Very cor-operative management 4. Team work is prioritized 5, Stock taking 6.Interacting with clients
The rumors around the retailers future has an overall negative effect on the staff moral. I enjoyed the on the job learning. The implementation of the Tipping Point project in general was a great learning in the importance of product lay out and merchandising in a retail environment. Monthly conferences were helpful in understanding chain strategies and your role. I was part of the optimization project and this enabled me to introduce optimized strategies in the cosmetic and jewelry departments for my division. My Jewelry back office strategy was later introduced to the entire chain and is currently used in all stores.
Daily cash ups I stressed if I should notice that my cash up doesn't but most of the time I balanced,I enjoyed working with customers and explaining everything they didn't understand,I enjoyed selling them services like funeral covers,account protection plan,etc,I have very good convincing skills,the hardest part was when they didn't put me on the schedule for the whole week as they sometimes will because I was a casual teller,the it was a bit hard on me because then the salary will be too little,but other than that I enjoyed working with my colleagues,I loved that we prayed every morning before work and afternoon when we knock off,the management was always helpful and considerate
Pros
Good management
Cons
Learnt alot from merchandising products and product sales. Built good relationships with buyers. Able to try on different products.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Standing long hours
at the beginning of the month the store is always quite. working at cellphones, and cash office. the management is very hard on you. the workers is very friendly and helpful. learning in the cash office. was when we had a theme every Friday.
Pros
get a free lunch if you reach a target
  1. Employee Reviews