Edgars
Coronavirus update

Edgars Employee Reviews

South Africa247 reviews
3,0
I acquired various useful skills. A typical day at work is always busy and productive. The management is always willing to assist you whenever help is needed. The customers are friendly and always satisfied with the service. The workplace staff are very kind and helpful. They work well together as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job is when a customer leaves the store happy.
4,0
I was exposed to customer care relations through this experience of which I appreciated the most. I will mostly like enjoy going back the retail sector again.
1,0
When i worked at newcastle mall i Didnt gets paid when I was working at Edgar's so I had to leave the job 🙄I wasn't happy at all I wasted my money for transport.
3,0
Started a day with prayer, brief meeting and Target to meet at the end of the day.
Learned to interact with customers and assist them with their purchases, advise them on special sales currently running. Management always assisting where they are needed.
2,0
I was working only when the shop is busy and they where paying me each and every monday ,eg you can only sometimes work 2 days a week and at monday you get 236 by that time i was having a new baby born
Pros
Free tea
Cons
Sundays
4,0
you need to attend to customers in a very professional manner.
make sure you know your product you selling in your department. merchandise your department up to company's standard.
Pros
incentives when you opened an account
5,0
Working at Edgars gives lots of experience, i know how to mechadise, house keeping, attention to details, driving sales,reach target, customer service
5,0
I did new accounts, banking, stock control, sales, management, went out with area managers to stores to check on theft. I learned how to deal and work with all walks of life. Management at the time was a pleasure to work with as long as you did your work and you were on time and friendly and gave your all to clients. (Client is always right). Most enjoyable was to make target!
3,0
It's a good place place to work for a fresh form school. People are lovely, friendly and work as a team.

Money is not good, you learn from others as we worked as a team
Pros
Oppotunity to learn
Cons
No job security
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Edgars?
4,0
I have learnt how to motivate other team members.
I get on well with other people

Attending the public, Opening new files.

Handling incoming and outgoing calls.
Pros
Non
Cons
Few hours
4,0
It's great environment and great team. You get you o learn a lot. Meet lots of people in different aspects which it grows you as person. And get to understand more of you and the working that you doing.
3,0
i get there at around 8:30 then start working at 9 am, helping customers with gift ripping, calling in stories to see if they have clothes and in which sizes
on the management task these have been great and the manages are doing their jobs
Pros
free lunch
Cons
the hours
4,0
To work at edgars tought me how to handle different customer attitudes..i enjoyed working at edgars because the management was so eager to teach how to multitask..
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Overtime
2,0
I loved my job n I enjoyed it BT it came to a place where I no longer enjoy it because we where treated unfairly especially managenent n the salary I was getting there was very little there was no change so I decided to go to other option
Pros
Free lunches when reached target of certain services
Cons
Would get long hours if we count stock or having store visits
5,0
I learnt a lot about retail, I gained experience in clothing and how to run a shop and keeping customers happy.

the hardest part was the working hours and abnormal shifts
4,0
Yes I worked there it was great working there learnt a lot from the company for an example I learnt how to work with customers, people how to respect another person and how to behave in the midst of other peeps.
3,0
Treat your customers with respect always. If you working on the floor and get asked for assistance always try and help. Never say you new and you don't know the store yet. Go the extra mile for your customers...make small talk and always lend a ear. Don't take tips because it gives your colleagues and managers the wrong impression.
Cons
Weird hours
5,0
Need good skills management and training of security as well. Also manage to need to be helpful towards there staff members at all times. It will help.
Pros
Incentive
3,0
Edgar's is a very good working environment, because along your work you get to know people,work with different people everyday and that makes the job to be more interesting.
Pros
No free lunch
5,0
I had an amazing colleagues at Edgars there is a team work.I have to work with team and how to creat people at work place.And I had an amazing managers in the world.
Pros
There free lunch when we rich target
Cons
During holidays
4,0
l learn how to deal to with customers, our management was supportive and our hardest time its when we deal with thief or customer complain that we charge them too much. but I enjoy working there because helping people or to see another person left our have something they want.
Pros
no free lunch