Edgars
Coronavirus update

Edgars Employee Reviews

South Africa247 reviews
3,0
I acquired various useful skills. A typical day at work is always busy and productive. The management is always willing to assist you whenever help is needed. The customers are friendly and always satisfied with the service. The workplace staff are very kind and helpful. They work well together as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job is when a customer leaves the store happy.
4,0
You have to listern to your siniors in order to learn do what you are being told to do

Also engage you self with the job you applied for be dedicated be available
Pros
Free lunches when you give good customer service
2,0
Schedulling; customer service; banking; pick ups; administration; customer queries; logged calls ; reconceiling petty cash ; leadership ; opening and closing of the store; reading e mails ; data capturing and management skills.
Cons
8hrs
4,0
Great company with many learning opportunities. Very little to no benefits for casual staff. Understaffed in most stores so too much work and pressure on staff members
Cons
Very long hours
4,0
Fun place to work.good sense of team work.customers always return.staff are friendly and well educated on products and services in store.fun training sessions
Pros
Gaining experience as a beauty advisor.learning a lot about skin care and make up
Cons
long hours, working weekends
4,0
Although my line manager tends to be unfair at times,I do genuinely enjoy my job. I love fashion and clothes, I sell bags and accessories and that gets me going.I adapt easily so I develop a passion for any job offered.
Pros
High professionalism
4,0
The team at Edgar's East Rand Mall is like a family and they help each other out in the most difficult situations, i.e. dealing with customers who are unreasonable, they support each other and the managers are a delight when things do not go bad and a positive review is received from the head of Edgar's. Which is why they stand out to be the friendliest company amongst other EDCON companies. I always work there during the holidays to get extra cash for school.
Pros
Long Hours
Cons
Short Hours
4,0
Enjoyed the team work and collaboration from fellow management and staff. Enjoyed the harmonious and safe working environment, the coaches and opportunity to coach others.
Pros
Lots of growth opportunities
3,0
I enjoyed my time at edgars, started my retail, staff are trained and are encouraged to grow within the company, are developed accordingly. Lots of opportunities for staff to grow.
Pros
growth
Cons
favouratism rife
3,0
I learned a lot in the short time i have been working there it was my first job as a student and i highly appreciate the opportunity i was given by Edgars, i learnt the importance of time management punctuality and on a daily bases i met new people which opened mevup to new experience, thoigh sometimes the hours were long i learnt to prioritize and to put my responsibilities above all else.
Pros
Meeting new people
2,0
I worked at all sections of the store , cosmetics , cellphones , cash office , service centre , stock room. I was basically a "reliever" of anyone that was on lunch or wasn't available or needed to be somewhere.
4,0
Working with customers is a big challenge because when you having your mood at work is not a priority but customer satisfactory comes first. A manner of approach is very important "its not what you say but how you say it" that is what I was taught and it worked for me. Management is well groomed and grooms employees also, going to assist a customer and offering them help before they even come to you is the workplace culture not forgetting to smile. Pushing for a target on very slow days becomes draining, getting a few customers coming in. Making money is the most fun part it is genuinely exciting and keeps me flexible.
Pros
Team outting
Cons
Working on Sunday
3,0
the management was understanding people, and i learned a lot working in the company full of active people. i learned that time keeping and productivity is the most important key to a successful outcome when it comes to business.
Pros
incentives and free lunches
3,0
It was good working here under pressure, gained some good experience from this job. Helped deal with stressful situations dealing with frustrated customers. Overall it was a fun working environment among the employees.
Pros
Employee discounts
5,0
Was year back and as a student had to strive to earn a salary to assist my parents. The company gave me a solid to start my career.
my duties was as follows.

As a student focusing on customer satisfaction, assist to exchange garments and promoting new specials in store.

Perform cashier and packing duties.

Assist with month end stock take.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
long hours on your feet
3,0
When there's sale obviose there's a lot to take in terms customers, management of stock and people, machandise must always be on point, when there's miss understandings, when reached the target
5,0
Firstly after signing the contract with them they tell you the do' the dont's.No fighting, late coming and most of them all no absenteeism,don't steal
Pros
Employees birthday gifts
Cons
Festive pressure
3,0
Edgars Tygervalley may seem like an, secure safe productive business environment, to work for I am content with working in an store like Edgars Tygervalley, I grow customer service experience and I gain work place skills.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Hours
3,0
It was challenging to go to work because of working shifts more especially during festive season yet it was fun to work meeting new people everyday from different cultures
Pros
non
5,0
Good company to work for and have great benefits. Edcon has excellent growth opportunities within the company . The culture in Edcon is good and motivating to all individuals.
Pros
security
3,0
was working with a good team at the small store. management was good as well as the staff members. job was fun because was a visual merchandiser. was working some overtime sometimes would be working as a cashier because I was a flexible staff.
Cons
flexible hours