Edgars
Coronavirus update

Edgars Employee Reviews

South Africa247 reviews
3,0
I acquired various useful skills. A typical day at work is always busy and productive. The management is always willing to assist you whenever help is needed. The customers are friendly and always satisfied with the service. The workplace staff are very kind and helpful. They work well together as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job is when a customer leaves the store happy.
3,0
concentration to a specific job allow communication with customers never gossip and pray before we start working promote self esteem great communication to all people tips of inflation
Pros
come with yr lunch
Cons
work 8hours and over time to fight inflation
3,0
It is a fast paced environment, very productive , very fun loving , creative people. it allows one to open up to society and be bold. Teaches you how to the floor is maintained .
Pros
alot of knownledge to be gained
4,0
great work place that is fun and enjoyable. the management tteats you fairly and you are given opportunities to further your skills through training and work shops
Pros
overtime
5,0
Its workable, but due to a small wage I couldn't because I worked for transport as I would get four hours twice a week and knock off at 9pm at Eastgate mall.
Pros
No lunch was on me
Cons
I worked small hours
2,0
Had a good working relation with my colleges built lasting relationships learnt alot in terms of finance. Morning is banking on the system filing admin for the day before afternoon is banking cash as the day continues and bulking banking. Enjoyed my days at edcon
Pros
making lasting relations
Cons
no family time
5,0
Working for edcon was great because we learned a lot in different department because there's mistry shoppers who would come unexpected and expert us a least know something different from your specific department. Training was given on a weekly base and we worked as a team and we gave each other good communication skills
Pros
Brought my own lunch
Cons
8 hours
5,0
It is a roller coaster ride and needs people with experience, ability, Planning, leadership skills and strength to make and maintain hard and good decision making for the benefit of the company.

Hardest part is having to suspend or discipline an employee

The most enjoyable part is the team building programs
Pros
Excitement
Cons
Limited staff
5,0
Was very nice working at Edgar's we work as a team i liked everything excluding my salary I'm a. Bread winner I'm looking for marketable salary....
Pros
I always got free launches coz of my hard work
Cons
I didn't mind working overtime
3,0
It was really good working there the had a very good relationship with the people I worked with even though sometimes it was really difficult because of non-payments and unfair treatment I loved working for the company
Pros
Gift cards
Cons
Delay on commission payment
3,0
I have learned a lot about good customer service. That you should empathise for the customer, put yourself in their shoes. The culture of the company is great because we enjoy working with each other and we help each other in terms of our work.
Pros
staff friendliness
5,0
I enjoyed the time a worked for edgars. I learned a lot about customer services and working with people.
The company allowed me to rotate in different departments, eg. opening of accounts
5,0
Transferring calls to an extension that is not answered and they keep coming back. The hardest part is cutting important call by mistake. Enjoyable part when the filing is up to date and the auditors are happy.
Pros
Motivational
Cons
Incentives are also motivational
Daily staff meetings.
Fixed hours.

Customer service.

Housekeeping and ordering of stock.

Great atmosphere.

Training, workshops and launches.

Continued customer service workshops and management training.
Pros
Company car
5,0
as I was working at edgars I was treated good as other employers I always welcomed. it was a great experience working at edgars I learn so much thing .Costomer service is the best expreice I have ever recied
Pros
free lunch on holiday
Cons
8 hours
4,0
Fun working there because I was dealing with my own things with no managers after me management awesome great team work between staff and management..
Pros
Staff card 30% off when buying
Cons
8 hours
4,0
Workplace orientation including company policies and professional conduct
Easy and welcoming management to address any issues or grievances

Good required working hours and dealing with time

Meeting of deadline e.g target sales
Pros
manageable working hours
Cons
unpaid overtime
3,0
I find it very interactive as I am assisting customers with their purchases, guiding and advising them. I really enjoying interacting with people as I am a very kind and interactive person.
Pros
Getting tips from clients when they are happy with your services, as well as prizez for best services giver
Cons
Long hours, and the work on weekends
5,0
Ï enjoyed working for the biggest retail store which is world known, the environment was alive and the people there because ï believe ïn teamwork,but ï had to look for what ï enduced in my diploma.
Pros
Loved working there
4,0
I work at the tills and mostly I was working on the floor I couldn't be able to interact more with the customer service. I would be busy packing cloths.
Pros
More time on tea break
Cons
Short notice
2,0
it would be a normal day and quiet some other days would be hectic and busy and getting to come across customers and assisting them. it was enjoyable having to learn to help a customer on a certain garmet that we dont have at the store having to call all stores.