Educor

Educor Employee Reviews

South Africa38 reviews
4,0
everything is great and the working environment is awesome, including the stuff members. facilities are at the best. its becomes a challenge though if we experience load shading.
Pros
free water
Cons
part time
2,0
I appreciate Educor for giving me a job but I sometimes don't get what I worked for. I help in many things besides my position in my department ,no recognition.
2,0
The Salary that is offered through this company is not enough to get you through the month.
Overworked and underpaid, that should put it clearly out there that this should maybe help if you’re straight out of high school and looking for experience
1,0
One of the worst companies I ever worked for. Unskilled management favoured people who spied on other employees for them, cover up of mistakes that cost the company. Any employee who raised issues were victimised and threatened with being fired. The marketing manager was selling educor ideas to rival companies along with the head of copy. The racism is another issue.
1,0
there is no staff retention, the company does not care about their employees well being.
there's a lot of changes on the ground and there a lack of communication and understanding of how the head office works with regards to their system
Pros
Cons
lack of resources
1,0
I have been working in the company for the past six year, learnt a lot. On the other hand no benefits, no growth, no salary increase. Day to day challenges are part of the journey.
3,0
could be a stressed environment sometimes, but it has its perks .. by having a good manager it helps to ease the day and makes life at work much easier
Pros
not very stressful
3,0
I liked working as an academic advisor it's a good job for recent graduates stepping into the education industry. Operates Monday to Friday 8h00 -4h30
Pros
Closed on weekends
Cons
No benefits
1,0
As an ex Employee, the company is clueless about management styles! Top managers are mainly clueless about management and do not know how to manage across generations.A racist company that does not pay according to qualifications!
Once one learns the ropes- a typical day is boring with little or no guidance from top management. One is left very much to one's own devices and guidance, good some of the time but bad at other times.Management also trumps up charges against an individual amnd will get staff to falsely testify against you, so future employees beware of 'rats' in the organisation- there are many!

Younger employees will do anything to climb up the corporate ladder,even sell their souls or get fake qualifications online!
Pros
Salary is ontime
Cons
Boring!!!
3,0
I believe, it is up to each and every person to make his or her workplace an exciting place to be so it was fun but it was not challenging. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping students to understand civil engineering subjects.
5,0
Educor is an amazing company to work for. We are treated respectfully and fair. There are growth opportunities and much to learn. The marketing team is always ready to help one another, the team is very supportive to one another. Theres always a helping hand if needed, professionally and even personally. Its a great team to be part of and the work produced is of an exceptionally high standard across various platforms (print, digital, videography)
Pros
N/a
3,0
A typical . day has a large amount of work flow that includes season campaigns.

We work as teams to meet deadlines and support each other in individual tasks if one is swamped.

I've been exposed to web design and motion graphics

I enjoy developing new look and feels for the following year, in which we throw ideas around during a brainstorm session.

The most challenging thing is having a-lot of job bags with impossible deadlines.
Pros
great exposure
Cons
heavy workload
2,0
Educor was my first working opportunity that was given to me.
I grateful for the many skills and opportunities that have come with the job at hand.Working in the education sector is FUN!
4,0
A typical day at work: I would make welcome and assessment calls to students who are studying a diploma in grade R teaching. I would advise them on their studies such as planning for the year, assignment questions, module content and also reminding them of important dates coming up.

What you learned: I learned to engage and build better relationships with students and work collegues. I also learned how to use different systems such as LMS (learning managament sytem) and CRM (customs relations management).

Management: I got on very well with mangement.

Work place culture: I got along with everyone in the department.

The hardest part of my job: To contact all my students as I had 2600 students.

The most enjoyable part of my job: Engaging with my studnets and knowing that I have helped a student with their studies.
Pros
Constantly developing yourself
Cons
No Benefits
Dirty company
Management is racist and prefers indians

Pressure given when working is not equal to the salary

Human resources favours the employer no matter what.

No growth

Sick company that you can ever work for
Pros
Cons
Unpaid weekend work
4,0
Educor is not a bad company i just need to grow and i feel like i can not do that here.yes there are changes happening but i just want to leave. nothing bad about that.
5,0
*A typical day at work is if the systems shut down.
*A learned how to handle irate customers, customers come first whether they are right or wrong.

*management is at their top Form when its comes to Business, there is no time to play games strictly work related.

*Work Place Culture is good.

*The hardest part of the job is calming Ir-rated customers who are screaming and swearing you over the phone.

*the most enjoyable part of the job is reaching your target.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Working over time
3,0
good organisational culture, good management styles and flexible method of operation. it is great learning about the educational sector, there is however very limited room for development, the positions is stagnant
Pros
good culture
Cons
low salary, long hour, s no benefits
2,0
There is need to improve on working conditions and employee welfare needs to improve. The management needs to pay more attention on the most important issues and need to understand the competitive environment the business operates. Management need to appreciate the staff
1,0
Educor Exploits their staff members. Staff members are expected to perform duties that are above their pay grade no room for growth within the organisation and management style is not so great either.
No medical aid, provident fund etc
Pros
Cons
abnormal working hours with no compensation
1,0
The company is not honest -threaten my life and that of my colleges for requesting payouts in terms of our contract with regards to commissions, profit share and notice period. Not a good place to work at unfortunately.

Their approach to business is not honest and many suppliers and customers are suffering because of this. Their values do not align with mine -hence my move.
Pros
Improving EBITA 26% year on year for a R 200 mil operation
Cons
Bulling management style