EF Education First

EF Education First Culture reviews

Clear

Great workplace no office politics friendly colleagues and clients

The best job I’ve ever had, no unnecessary stress and bad bosses, what an amazing experience to speak to people from around the world almost everyday and I have learnt so much about the world and cultures and languages.The management is empathetic and approachable. It’s an open door policy and a small chain of command. Great environment.

Pros

Two days off per week

Cons

Working on weekends

Professional and relatively better pay than other similar companies.

Professional and relatively better pay than other similar companies. The management team is professional, the training program is well structured, the people are great and supportive.

Official response from EF Education First

12 November 2019
Thank you for your feedback! Happy to have you part of the EF family! We wish you all the best.

Productive working environment

EF is a very organized place to work in. You are provided with sufficient training when needed and the management is very supportive with regards to the completion of your work.

Official response from EF Education First

12 November 2019
Thank you for your feedback! Happy to hear you enjoyed working at EF. We put a lot of effort into making sure all our staff is trained in order to deliver the best possible training for our students. I hope 2019 brings more amazing opportunities your way!

Terrible

The students are the best part of the job. However the company itself should review their structures. The training is very poor, you will have to chase after management as they can take up to 6 weeks to respond to employees emails, absolutely no work life balance, no sense of self worth, salary is inconsistent and they will give you the runaround when you have queries and there is no HR which is a big issue considering the problems you will encounter here. The job consists of two parts, teaching and writing corrections (target driven).

Pros

Learning about other cultures

Cons

You are nothing but a number here

Teach English to speakers of other languages

Education first is an online based company English teaching center. A typical day is the is logging on to the computer and teaching English online, everyday. Your communication and grammar skills improve. Management is very unprofessional and not supportive. Also no HR. There is no workplace culture because there is a very high staff turnover. The hardest part of the job is motivating yourself to go there to do the same thing over and over again. The most enjoyable part is the students some of them are really nice and you really become culturally aware and tolerant.

Pros

No experience needed, very easy to get hired, no micro management, mostly clean facilities, communication skills improvement.

Cons

Work is repetitive, no HR for complaints, no scope for growth, no sense of worth from management, hours are incoveneient, low and inconsistent salaries, high staff turn over, extremely poor management that is very tardy with their communication, training is very poor, a very unhappy workforce.

Environnement agréable

L'équipe de l'école du Cap est d'une très haute qualité dans un environnement et une ambiance agréable. Grande liberté d'action et bonne confiance de la part de la directrice. Travail motivant malgré le nombre d'heures demandées sur une semaine pleine mais temps de travail malléable à notre convenue entre mon manager et moi-même.

Pros

Ambiance

Interesting space to be in

* First thing I do is log on to my computer and prepare for my first class * I learnt to multi-task and balance work, as well as contain my emotions. It's not about me, it's about the student * I can't really tell you much about the culture. It's pretty much individuals to themselves * I feel unappreciated for the job that I love to do * My students remind me that I am giving them an intangible skill- speaking in English. Sometimes you take for granted how you can affect another's life so positively.

Pros

Talking to students from all over the world!

Cons

Value of the staff is not that great

typical day at work

Mentor and advise international students on the importance of learning English, and how beneficial it is to them both personally and for their jobs. I have learned to be patient because learning a new language is not easy as it has many challenges. Co-workers are fine, they are dedicated at what they do and are helpful when I ask for help Hardest part of the job is trying to convince a student how English can help broaden their horizon and they still say they are not interested. The company is international, so I am working with people from all over the world and it is so diverse and learning so much about different cultures and beliefs.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

language barriers

Productive and Funplace

A day when all students do not pick my Calls,considering i have a target to reach.I have learnt to be a patient person,Communication Skills mastering in Reading, Writing and Listening.I have learnt how and what to expect in a Co prate environment.Management is fair and has strict measures we all abide unto by Law.II work with Young adults very much devised Cultures because it is an English School,they very interesting.The hardest part of my Job is try to advise students whilst they really not interested.Most enjoyable,I do not work overtime or weekends.

Pros

knocking off.

Cons

schedules shifts

Productive workplace

EF is a great company that has a good management structure with friendly staff and managers.The working environment is great as it is conducive to productivity and learning.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at EF Education First?

Flexible and fun place to work part time

I have learnt to communicate with people of different cultures ,traditions ,values and languages.The management team is very supportive and understanding.There was a point where I couldnt come to work because of my hectic study schedule and they were extremely supportive.The hardest part of my job is keeping up to date with my grammar knowledge.I enjoy my job,its very interesting but its not a job that one can do forever

Pros

flexible hours

Cons

salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EF Education First. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• EF Education First