EF Education First

EF Education First Management reviews

Clear

Great workplace no office politics friendly colleagues and clients

The best job I’ve ever had, no unnecessary stress and bad bosses, what an amazing experience to speak to people from around the world almost everyday and I have learnt so much about the world and cultures and languages.The management is empathetic and approachable. It’s an open door policy and a small chain of command. Great environment.

Pros

Two days off per week

Cons

Working on weekends

Good workplace

An okay place to work. The management and supervisors are really helpful. They provide training and support. The pay is very low compared to other online companies.

Pros

Provides a secure job, good management.

Cons

Very low pay (hour and monthly) compared to other online companies. Also, the students pay a large amount of money for their courses, and what teachers get is extremely low.

Overall, EF is a great company to work for

Although the company didn't offer a good work/life balance, management was good and communicative.

Professional and relatively better pay than other similar companies.

Professional and relatively better pay than other similar companies. The management team is professional, the training program is well structured, the people are great and supportive.

Official response from EF Education First

12 November 2019
Thank you for your feedback! Happy to have you part of the EF family! We wish you all the best.

Productive working environment

EF is a very organized place to work in. You are provided with sufficient training when needed and the management is very supportive with regards to the completion of your work.

Official response from EF Education First

12 November 2019
Thank you for your feedback! Happy to hear you enjoyed working at EF. We put a lot of effort into making sure all our staff is trained in order to deliver the best possible training for our students. I hope 2019 brings more amazing opportunities your way!

Very productive

Excellent management Stress-less working environment Friendly staff Well prepared classrooms Safe working environment Excellent pay Flexible working hours

ESL teaching

The only pro was being able to talk to interesting people and learning about their countries. There's a really high staff turnover for a reason. The work keeps increasing but the salary doesn't. The student is always right. There's no HR, any complaints are seen as insubordination and getting time off can be very difficult.

Terrible

The students are the best part of the job. However the company itself should review their structures. The training is very poor, you will have to chase after management as they can take up to 6 weeks to respond to employees emails, absolutely no work life balance, no sense of self worth, salary is inconsistent and they will give you the runaround when you have queries and there is no HR which is a big issue considering the problems you will encounter here. The job consists of two parts, teaching and writing corrections (target driven).

Pros

Learning about other cultures

Cons

You are nothing but a number here

Teach English to speakers of other languages

Education first is an online based company English teaching center. A typical day is the is logging on to the computer and teaching English online, everyday. Your communication and grammar skills improve. Management is very unprofessional and not supportive. Also no HR. There is no workplace culture because there is a very high staff turnover. The hardest part of the job is motivating yourself to go there to do the same thing over and over again. The most enjoyable part is the students some of them are really nice and you really become culturally aware and tolerant.

Pros

No experience needed, very easy to get hired, no micro management, mostly clean facilities, communication skills improvement.

Cons

Work is repetitive, no HR for complaints, no scope for growth, no sense of worth from management, hours are incoveneient, low and inconsistent salaries, high staff turn over, extremely poor management that is very tardy with their communication, training is very poor, a very unhappy workforce.

Productive and fun place to work for.

Management is good and the atmosphere is good, but the pay is bad and the hours are long. I would recommend this job to students and people that would like to progress on to teaching overseas.

Pros

It is a very flexible job

Cons

Hours are long and the pay is bad

Poor management

Although the work itself is easy and manageable, it can get monotonous and uninspiring. What's more, management is completely uninterested in staff matters and does not have any forum for Teachers' opinions. There is no room for growth therefore nothing to aspire to. Management is also very inconsistent with its treatment of all the workers. The pay is fine, it becomes the only motivation to keep working since you do get a performance bonus. The clients/ students themselves are great to work with. They are often eager to learn and it's really great to speak to people from different countries and aid them in their learning process. I think management should offer debriefing sessions as not all lessons are easy - it is quite often that teachers experience offensive or hate speech from learners, which may affect them negatively. Staff turnover is very high, very few people want to be at this company longer than 6 months because of the management structure and inflexible work structure. This is quite concerning.

Pros

Performance bonus

Cons

Disinterested and inconsistent management

Environnement agréable

L'équipe de l'école du Cap est d'une très haute qualité dans un environnement et une ambiance agréable. Grande liberté d'action et bonne confiance de la part de la directrice. Travail motivant malgré le nombre d'heures demandées sur une semaine pleine mais temps de travail malléable à notre convenue entre mon manager et moi-même.

Pros

Ambiance

Wonderful colleagues

I should have read the reviews about this company before I joined. They treat the teachers with the same unprofessionalism across the world. I tolerated this company due to the high unemployment rate and my wonderful colleagues. The job sounds amazing on paper but the fact that they do not have a human resource management structure is the number one gripe the teachers have. The payroll is done on an excel spreadsheet and our pay is hardly ever accurate. You would have months were thousands would be missing from your salary and no proof whatsoever of how because they use unreliable methods to keep track of our hours. They cannot keep up with their reward system and the only way to earn a decent amount of money is by working abnormal hours. You have absolutely no room for growth and the turnover rate is so high. The medical aid they claim to have is a hospital plan. It's a good place to start if you don't have a job, you get to interact with interesting students.

Pros

Laid back environment

Cons

Salary, unprofessional management

Productive and Funplace

A day when all students do not pick my Calls,considering i have a target to reach.I have learnt to be a patient person,Communication Skills mastering in Reading, Writing and Listening.I have learnt how and what to expect in a Co prate environment.Management is fair and has strict measures we all abide unto by Law.II work with Young adults very much devised Cultures because it is an English School,they very interesting.The hardest part of my Job is try to advise students whilst they really not interested.Most enjoyable,I do not work overtime or weekends.

Pros

knocking off.

Cons

schedules shifts

Productive workplace

EF is a great company that has a good management structure with friendly staff and managers.The working environment is great as it is conducive to productivity and learning.

Flexible and fun place to work part time

I have learnt to communicate with people of different cultures ,traditions ,values and languages.The management team is very supportive and understanding.There was a point where I couldnt come to work because of my hectic study schedule and they were extremely supportive.The hardest part of my job is keeping up to date with my grammar knowledge.I enjoy my job,its very interesting but its not a job that one can do forever

Pros

flexible hours

Cons

salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EF Education First. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• EF Education First