EF Education First

EF Education First Pay & Benefits reviews

Clear
3.1Pay & Benefits

Fun workplace

EF online is a great stepping stone for those who wish to start teaching online. The salary for freelance online teachers is probably for someone who already has a full time job and looking to make passive income.

Pros

Work-life balance

Cons

salary is not enough

Good workplace

An okay place to work. The management and supervisors are really helpful. They provide training and support. The pay is very low compared to other online companies.

Pros

Provides a secure job, good management.

Cons

Very low pay (hour and monthly) compared to other online companies. Also, the students pay a large amount of money for their courses, and what teachers get is extremely low.

ESL teaching

The only pro was being able to talk to interesting people and learning about their countries. There's a really high staff turnover for a reason. The work keeps increasing but the salary doesn't. The student is always right. There's no HR, any complaints are seen as insubordination and getting time off can be very difficult.

Terrible

The students are the best part of the job. However the company itself should review their structures. The training is very poor, you will have to chase after management as they can take up to 6 weeks to respond to employees emails, absolutely no work life balance, no sense of self worth, salary is inconsistent and they will give you the runaround when you have queries and there is no HR which is a big issue considering the problems you will encounter here. The job consists of two parts, teaching and writing corrections (target driven).

Pros

Learning about other cultures

Cons

You are nothing but a number here

Great work from home opportunity!

Overall the experience has been good, I get to teach people from all over the world. The lessons are consistent which means you get a steady flow of classes. I do feel the pay is abit less compared to other online teaching companies and I do feel like the pay based on a rating structure should be removed. A set rate would be better. The managers are always helpful and communicate well with us. Being home based makes this job a privilege that shouldn't be taken for granted. The schedule is flexible as you book weekly classes and your salary is paid on time. Overall a very good experience so far. I hope to stay with EF for a long time.

Pros

Steady flow of classes, You meet people from all over the world, Supervisors are great! Salary is paid on time

Cons

Salary is low compared to other online schools, Your rate per hour is based on the students rating, lThats only 2 cons other than that its excellent.

Productive and fun place to work for.

Management is good and the atmosphere is good, but the pay is bad and the hours are long. I would recommend this job to students and people that would like to progress on to teaching overseas.

Pros

It is a very flexible job

Cons

Hours are long and the pay is bad

Cool place to work at for graduates

Great place for graduates or people needing a more flexible schedule. The company also provides TEFL training to teachers and they pay for the qualification. You can change your shift. Night shift over the weekend earns the most money. Day shift salaries are very small.

Pros

Medical aid, performance bonus, opportunity to go to China

Cons

Long hours, little pay

Wonderful colleagues

I should have read the reviews about this company before I joined. They treat the teachers with the same unprofessionalism across the world. I tolerated this company due to the high unemployment rate and my wonderful colleagues. The job sounds amazing on paper but the fact that they do not have a human resource management structure is the number one gripe the teachers have. The payroll is done on an excel spreadsheet and our pay is hardly ever accurate. You would have months were thousands would be missing from your salary and no proof whatsoever of how because they use unreliable methods to keep track of our hours. They cannot keep up with their reward system and the only way to earn a decent amount of money is by working abnormal hours. You have absolutely no room for growth and the turnover rate is so high. The medical aid they claim to have is a hospital plan. It's a good place to start if you don't have a job, you get to interact with interesting students.

Pros

Laid back environment

Cons

Salary, unprofessional management

work hard nd fun games

Have a good hard working day. Learnt to help your strong nd weak points. Manage your work well. Co-Workers are on track. Coaching throw rainy weather. Playing games with the kids at the end.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

8:00 - 14:30

Fun

I learnt a lot at EF, the staff was friendly, they were patient and they knew how to communicate with us effectively. we had so many workshops that were designed to mek us better employees and teacher. They improved us a lot.

Pros

Free training

Cons

the salary wasn't that great sometimes

Flexible and fun place to work part time

I have learnt to communicate with people of different cultures ,traditions ,values and languages.The management team is very supportive and understanding.There was a point where I couldnt come to work because of my hectic study schedule and they were extremely supportive.The hardest part of my job is keeping up to date with my grammar knowledge.I enjoy my job,its very interesting but its not a job that one can do forever

Pros

flexible hours

Cons

salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EF Education First. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• EF Education First