EF Education First

EF Education First Work-Life Balance reviews

Clear
3.1Pay & Benefits

Fun workplace

EF online is a great stepping stone for those who wish to start teaching online. The salary for freelance online teachers is probably for someone who already has a full time job and looking to make passive income.

Pros

Work-life balance

Cons

salary is not enough

Great workplace no office politics friendly colleagues and clients

The best job I’ve ever had, no unnecessary stress and bad bosses, what an amazing experience to speak to people from around the world almost everyday and I have learnt so much about the world and cultures and languages.The management is empathetic and approachable. It’s an open door policy and a small chain of command. Great environment.

Pros

Two days off per week

Cons

Working on weekends

Overall, EF is a great company to work for

Although the company didn't offer a good work/life balance, management was good and communicative.

Terrible

The students are the best part of the job. However the company itself should review their structures. The training is very poor, you will have to chase after management as they can take up to 6 weeks to respond to employees emails, absolutely no work life balance, no sense of self worth, salary is inconsistent and they will give you the runaround when you have queries and there is no HR which is a big issue considering the problems you will encounter here. The job consists of two parts, teaching and writing corrections (target driven).

Pros

Learning about other cultures

Cons

You are nothing but a number here

Great job

I had a great position as activities director. Got to experience and explore the myriad activities to do in the Cape Town area.Doing a different activity each day with the students. A great deal of socializing, planning, event coordinating. Great time in my life. Very exhausting however with long hours and few off days.

Pros

Take part in numerous outings and activities.

Cons

Long hours, too much socializing after a while

Environnement agréable

L'équipe de l'école du Cap est d'une très haute qualité dans un environnement et une ambiance agréable. Grande liberté d'action et bonne confiance de la part de la directrice. Travail motivant malgré le nombre d'heures demandées sur une semaine pleine mais temps de travail malléable à notre convenue entre mon manager et moi-même.

Pros

Ambiance

Interesting space to be in

* First thing I do is log on to my computer and prepare for my first class * I learnt to multi-task and balance work, as well as contain my emotions. It's not about me, it's about the student * I can't really tell you much about the culture. It's pretty much individuals to themselves * I feel unappreciated for the job that I love to do * My students remind me that I am giving them an intangible skill- speaking in English. Sometimes you take for granted how you can affect another's life so positively.

Pros

Talking to students from all over the world!

Cons

Value of the staff is not that great

Cool place to work at for graduates

Great place for graduates or people needing a more flexible schedule. The company also provides TEFL training to teachers and they pay for the qualification. You can change your shift. Night shift over the weekend earns the most money. Day shift salaries are very small.

Pros

Medical aid, performance bonus, opportunity to go to China

Cons

Long hours, little pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EF Education First. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• EF Education First
  • Work-Life Balance
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?