Ekurhuleni

Ekurhuleni Employee Reviews

South Africa17 reviews
5,0
The must be a extra time to take a breath and most people must know their shifts and work hard make sure that the place is clean and safe for people to use
5,0
Typical day entailed management of targets, coming up with marketing concepts for the business. Managing shrinkage in the business. I would have weekly meetings with my management to recap on overall store's performance.

I have learned to negotiate lease agreement, renegotiate lease agreements, getting the business to be compliant. Seeking new sites or potential sites for business and negotiation skills. I have basically learned how to open a business successfully to getting own suppliers and so forth.

The work culture was more of a family oriented one, where a safe environment was created for my employees and their thoughts and ideas where valued.

The hardest part of the job was to being a leader and being positive for the team even when we missed our targets. The financial implication that I had to carry while the business had to continue.

The most enjoyable part of the job was learnings, learning a new business completely.
Pros
Exposure to new skills
Cons
Long hours, financial implication
4,0
Working at ekurhuleni is the best and it gives security and stability.I always enjoyed my work there.Thevis no pressure as long as you do your job very well and don't give the management the hard time.
Pros
Meeting the mayor and government members
Cons
Minimum hours
4,0
Nice experience working in a different environment rather than the legal environment ; friendly staff; i have learned more in working in a team and telephone skills
4,0
I am a fieldworker which means door to door. I like working with people and working with my co-workers was helpful especially when I had some difficulty in a few things. The hardest part for me is dealing with customers who does not want to co-operate when I was only trying to do my job. I do enjoy working with customers and being able to give a helping hand.
Pros
Great staff members
5,0
Great environment getting to understand the diversity of work ethic and the community in which is around you that many people tend to over look and not get to understand
4,0
i have gain a lot of typing skills since i join this company. working as a team is what i have learnt how important it is. i love the communication that i have with my colleagues. i enjoy running cash and scheduling jobs for the night to run
Pros
free training
Cons
long hours in front of a computer which is not good for eyes
Customer order picking:
-Picking customer orders as per picking slip.

-Packing and marking sales orders as per customer requirements.

-Ensuring process quality at the picking stage i.e. check for any physical non-conformances, correct weight and dimensions of customer orders and ensuring all relevant documentations is saved on database i.e. picking slip and photographs of customer order.
5,0
-passionate to take any investigation duties and always available when needed.
-ability to gather comprehensive information and produce positive results

-possess strong interpersonal skills and able to work in a group context

-goal orientated and target driven.

-managers with good leadership skills

-no hardest part of my job

-investigating and getting good results
3,0
a typical day at work is very exhausting as you deal with people from all walks of life and they come from anywhere and everywhere.
I have learned that people have value and should be respected no matter who or what they are.
4,0
My name is Samkele Mosia, im currently working at Ekurhuleni Municipality. I'm hardworking,deligent and hard always produce quality work.

Regards
3,0
Gained a lot of experience in communication and public service.
3,0
the work place is spacious and well furnitured.It has all the nessary equipement that an individual can use and also that the offices are sufficient for every employee.
Pros
no promos
Cons
nothing
5,0
Excellent work atmosphere, more training can be provided management can plan better. Sometimes there is a gap between Management and ground staff it is improving
Pros
permament
1,0
Everyday at work will be a normal day and i will also learn from my mistakes. I'm able to be a good leader and an example to people i work with. I also believe in a team work and that different ideas can bring a solution to the problem encountered in an industry. I can manage to finish a task on a required time given.
Pros
no free lunches.
Cons
i can work over time.
5,0
I manage a very wide variety of projects. I have only 9 subordinates, but many projets.
Pros
excellent pension, medical
Cons
little room for promotion
stable and reliable
flexible hours

permanent

Bus driver

Ekurhuleni
Pros
medical aid/overtime