Electrolux

South Africa16 reviews

3,6Work-Life Balance

Found 16 reviews matching the searchSee all 3 280 reviews

Agile environment

Very stable and innovative. Always looking to improve. Diversity is incredibly important and supported here. Emphasis put on training and growth of staff members.

Pros

Stability

Interesting company

I like Electrolux products ,and the company itself is a big company which works according to labour law , management was good and the working conditions ,they don't push you but you push yourself to be on the right level ,I enjoyed working at Electrolux

Normal day to day

A typical day at work. Was managed well. i was able to communicate well on all levels. From the cleaner to Top Management. I worked with dedicated hard co workers.

Productive working environment

Doing new tests on equipment, designing and reviewing new parts, i expanded my knowledge on program's needed to complete my work faster, also expanding my knowledge in new fields.

Demanding, Workable

typical day at work, check phone messages and emails for any logged calls and start working on resolving logged calls. Management is Friendly, professional and easily accessible. Staff are also friendly people sometimes hard to please(making requests they know they cant have). I learned patience and understanding when dealing with people and I make sure they understand I'm on their side when it comes to resolving any work issues they had. I find this to cause less conflicts and makes work enjoyable. Electrolux(Kwikot) is a manufacturing company which means now and then you have to work in a factory that is dusty and filthy which is not an ideal place to work in, especially when working on a network infrastructure project which requires you running network cables across the factory. Overall, I liked working at Electrolux. I was able to work without any limitations or constraint.

Pros

Good working hours

Cons

Dirty Work environment

Wonderful Company

Fantastic company with wonderful ethics. Role included: Sales manager for consumables & accessories Setting of margins and pricing. Buyer for Small domestic applicances Obtaining marketing materials and spec information on SDA Product presentations Product training Sales meetings Customer negotitaions

Pros

A Great Company for learning and growing

Cons

They left South Africa

Fun workplace

Elotrolux was nice working there just that I was doing one thing everyday, but I get to know about the features of their products like their multifunction stoves etc.

More fun expecially Friday.

I have enjoy my seven years working at Electrolux. The only reason I left it was we relocated to Cape Town, which I had to come back because of Family responsibility. It was really fun.

Pros

Friday we had free lunch and drinks

Cons

Working from 08:00am

Fun workplace

I enjoyed working at Electrolux. Growth is quite vast as well. Management takes care if their employees. The only problem isyou did not full bonuses and did not get any increases either. That was the only downfall. I was happy whilst in their employ.

Pros

No pros

Cons

No increases

Amazing learning lessons

Really enjoyed working here as this was my first permanent job. Learnt so much over the years and had very good inspirational management team who took me under there wing and grew as the person that I am today. Started as a Rep and learnt how to deal with many things customer training growing ranges and service agents. Ended up as the marketing manager but missed sales too much

Pros

fantastic people

Cons

Renumeration

Awesome Company

I really loved working for Electrolux. I was so disappointed to hear that the sales team was being streamlined. Great people and amazing atmosphere amongst the sales teams.

Pros

Team work

Cons

no communication from HQ

Productive and happy enviroment

It's always a very pleasant day at work. In the department that I'm in, there is always some new that you learned. My manager that I work with has a very good understanding. He is the greatest person. My co-workers and I, we always work as a team and we are always happy. The hardest part of my job is when everyone (customers, agents, co workers and manager) needs / wants me to do everything. There is nothing that I don't enjoy about my job.

under paid

If your game is working for a company that will shutdown plants as business as usual. SIGNUP!!!

Stagnant work enviroment

Answering the telephone and assisting where neededNot much to learn there's minimum challengeThey are okOkNo challenge regarding my position I feel stagnantRelaxed enviroment

Pros

good enviroment

Cons

contract

Hardworking Enviroment

It was a good enviroment to work at its all about working by yourself wasnt to challenging due to the enviroment we where based atit was to quite, hardly busy which means it wasnt to productivei learnt to work with people.

Pros

less fun and team building

Cons

reasonable hours but not good payment had no overtime yet worked weekends and public holidays

Electrolux is a global company that sells small domestic appliances and large appliances to consumers throughout the world.

A typical day at work is going through emails in the morning, setting up appointments and visiting various dealers to sell my products. I have learned a great deal working for Electrolux, I am the sole representative in the area and need to manage my time and duties on my own. My manager is based in Cape Town and we correspond via email and cell phone on daily basis. The reason for me wanting to leave the company is because at this time, Electrolux is not very stable in South Africa and have gone through many retrenchments and retructuring. I have been lucky to not be affected by these employment cuts but feel that it is only a matter of time where my position may come under threat. Another problem that is affected is my remuneration, where the company has cut down benefits and commission structures.

Pros

staff pricing on all products

Cons

no car allowance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Electrolux. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 3 280 reviews