eNCA

eNCA Employee Reviews in Johannesburg, Gauteng

Johannesburg, Gauteng6 reviews
4,0
Great place to learn about the newsroom, how the news operate and work.

Enjoyed 5 good years.

Needs more people with specific knowledge and skills in management positions, people who understand that in Post, it takes a certain time to edit a news piece that is breaking news, and not breaking news but a feature.
Pros
Learning the newsroom flow of work
Cons
weekends, public holidays and even the festive season are a luxury. But that is just the industry and format.
4,0
The eNCA newsroom strives to be good and different.
The no fear no favour approach to journalism ensure we ask the right questions. If you excel, you will be recognised, if you don't put in extra effort, you'll probably struggle a bit.
Pros
Free to practice independent journalism
Cons
Lack of appreciation.
4,0
I get in at 9am, chat with the sports boss about what's happening in the world of sport. If there is a camera then we head to a presser or to an event. Back at the office I will script and then it's subbed. Thereafter it's in to the edit suite and we get the package together. It's not this simple though, we have to look for visuals, cut bytes and put it all together.
Pros
Lunch is free.
Cons
Hours are irregular.
3,0
Great people and creative thinkers.

Having to make decisions on what would be relevant in the future is the hardest part.

Seeing different sporting events everyday make work more fun.
4,0
The section is a good flexible department that is open to new and innovative suggestions. how ever the process it takes to accomplish a project is far too long due to other procedures in other departments
Pros
Flexible hours, communicative team
Cons
few staff in the department. No overtime
4,0
My job is fresh, fun and exciting because it is LIVE television broadcasting.

While there's a consistency in terms of my experience and skill in the position, it is also within an ever-changing and dynamic space.

Any day, hour or minute could be a breaking news moment and therefore I have developed the ability for ever-preparedness in putting out the best quality broadcast content on air. This has also improved my attention to detail and has helped me acquire some excellent communication and life skills that I can use in a broad spectrum of media and in daily life.

I have also come to understand South African viewers - what gets them talking, debating and how they prefer to receive content over the television medium.

My work environment is casual but highly professional. Most of my colleagues, senior to junior; are very skilled in an array of positions. Most are dedicated and advanced at what they do.

The hardest part of the job has to be the irregular hours as I do shift work. This is challenging as it can take time to adjust to new shifts at times.

The most enjoyable part?...the adrenaline of live rolling news! Production encompasses constant productivity. I get to be part of conceptual planning, content editing, do quality control for the product and to put almost every show live on air. I have the opportunity to both share my ideas and to receive and apply instructions from executive management, speak to presenters and have first-hand access to people from all walks of life when doing in-studio interviews.
Pros
employee and family benefits
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at eNCA. Our community is ready to answer.
3,8