Engel & Völkers

Engel & Völkers Employee Reviews

South Africa9 reviews
3,0
Very little formal structures and policies in place. The company is owned by family and there are no set rules or guidance in terms of processes. Different instructions from different directors also made it a bit difficult.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No processes
3,0
I have been employed at Engel & Volkers Hyde Park since 22 September of 2017, starting off as the Assistant to the Operations Manager and later promoted to Digital Media Officer.

The experience yielded diversity and growth in the positions held which will benefit me in my next role at another company.
Pros
Job Growth
Cons
Very Long Hours. No Financial or Medical Benefits.
3,0
My day would start off by going through my mails and attending to what needed to be done, phone calls made to clients and listing being put through to the admin person for loading.

I would cold canvis for listing by driving around and phoning.

Taking out clients to various properties as well as fibnding their dream property and signing of deals.
Pros
making money
2,0
Left to your own devices to work by yourself. The training that was available was good. The hardest part of the job was trying to get the same stock as dozens of other agents.
Pros
Possibility of good income.
Cons
Too much competition.
1,0
Brand is good but overall the running of the company is not up to standard
No work ethics

HR is not adhered too and the small person cannot win against the brand
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No ethics
4,0
I enjoyed working with the staff as it helped me to further my knowledge with courses and challenged me but eventually became bored. The reasons I am no longer with the company is due to financial problems the company faced as well as my being bored.
Pros
a calm environment
Cons
financial problems in the company
5,0
Great work environment in both companies. Must have a learning attitude. Both companies have different incentives which will suite different personalities.
4,0
I fully Learnt on how to conduct myself in a profesional manner, i loved working indepently and only escalating results.

Real estate is a tough but fun market, it only takes some time to get your foot in the door, especially such a small town like Lydenburg.

there are alot of agencies in this town and to show them that you are a contendor is a great feeling. and when deeling with international and local clients.

They have shown me on how to be an influence in someones life when dealing with an asset like property.
Pros
Sales, interactions with one another
Cons
have to wait months before you can get an income
4,0
Typically, I would be finding suitable properties for my clients and then showing the houses. I learned all about the property market and to deal with people who were making the biggest purchase of their lives.
The hardest part of the job was having a deal fall apart after putting in, sometimes, months of work.

Best part was handing over the keys to a new owner!
Pros
Freedom of your own company.
Cons
On call 365 days a year.