Engen

Engen Employee Reviews

South Africa160 reviews
5,0
Engen is a great company to work for, it's got good benefits and the culture is also good. With the job security being the priority these days Engen is on of the few organisations in the private sector you can rely on when it comes to this.
2,0
A very disorganised workplace. Poor management. Lack of vision and goals. Exploitation rather than growth, slave driving mentality. Always looking for best and experienced employees to overwork them and pay them the least. Which is mainly why they will constantly be looking for people to fill vacancies.
Pros
Cons
Long work hours, disorganised
3,0
Typical work day, its very chilled not really challenging but its a great place to develop yourself and learn. The benefits are good as well, management promotes self development which is great but the salary is not good its really difficult to survive with this salary, especially if you move from inside they dont pay well.
3,0
It was may passion working for engen from a small child, however that dream came to an end when i got hurt at work and couldnt drive anymore. I went for an interview for plant supervior but was said that they cant take the risk of giving me the job and dissmissed me. That wasnt fair at all.
1,0
Too much politics. Engen has become to a HSEQ company, far to much emphases is placed to safety, don't misunderstand, I am a firm believer in safety, however this is taken to extreme heights, as a result getting the job done take far to long and cost far to much...…...…..
4,0
Engen was a great organization to work for. The company encourages career development, and invests in the development of their employees.
The work environment is pleasant and conducive to succeed in your roles or occupational functions. Social integration is very important at Engen, and this achieved by sponsoring events and projects in local communities, promoting sports through sponsorships and direct involvement, and by encouraging family integration by means of organized family/social days that caters for this.

Overall, a Great company to work for..
5,0
During my project work. Majir turn sriund work.maintenance and breakdowns work wrnt very safe and efficient dye to all as team players. No one can do wirk by themselves but in a team sharing.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
5,0
Engen is growing and always top one. The cultural beliefs and full potential are motto across the board. Engen is the safest place to work in and could recommend a friend to join. Engen looks after it's employees than the profit. Most of the companies care more of the production than the safety of their employees.

Only on the price change or when there is insufficient product due to the storage in refinery, that is the hardest day. When the load schedule is manageable and all equipment is functional and no breakdowns.

The most enjoyable moment is when we performed well without any incidents and preforming with the Engen Standards.
4,0
Productive,Safety and Security a huge roll in Engen,.
Workplace is good, offices are user friendly, resources are in place, overall a very stable and good Company to work for
Pros
Monthly braais for staff
Cons
Working shifts
4,0
Engen looks well after its employees, benefits they are offering as well as the work culture, managers have open door policy especially commercial department. in overall a very good company to work for.
5,0
When go for and interview,just be yourself. Engen is also a multi ratio company,we dont look at the colour of your skin. if you can focus, be yourself and do the job to the best of your ability, then success will be going a long way for you
2,0
I didn't enjoy where I was working,we were being payeed by envelope and I didn't know how much I rated per hour so,that resulted to my salary to be going up and down.The manager is misusing people's money and the site is very dirty it needs to be renovated.
5,0
Everything was fine,we worked very hard day and night...some of the management mistreat others they make favours for other...some days are fun i have learn to be mo dependent.
5,0
Very diversified working environment.
The company encourages collaboration

Assistance and mentoring is provided

Excellence is also awarded

Customers centric environment
3,0
They are very diverse and the building is nice.
But not very suitable to people on wheelchair or crutches.

Although they are inclusive, they are not really good in on the job training for their learnerships
4,0
To be honest writing this review now after having left I would say that there is so much truth to the saying, "You don't know what you had until you have to miss it." I do miss it, but the culture was changing yet I more than most miss the people I worked with than the environment as we had formed lasting bonds and going to the office was like visiting family.

Engen has a great work ethic and no day is ever the same so despite you having the same work to do the daily challenges are always different and the team was a productive matured team which made a huge difference. The team has since been broken up as the company was restructured and this brought with it moral issues which is why I left. It was time for change for me having been there for almost 15years of which 11 was permanent.

Would I recommend ENGEN as a place to work? Heck YES!
3,0
I worked without supervision and was mostly on the road covering the Western Cape. I managed 73 Engen sites with 45 Quick Shops, 10 Fast Foods and 3 Woolworths stores. I had to ensure that dealers complied to Engen branding and standards. I did training, presentations and meetings with dealers and their staff. I won many national and regional accolades over the years due to good management of my areas and service stations. Dealers had and still do have respect for me.
5,0
Excellent Company to work for with a market related salary and fantastic culture. Management are approachable and they give the employee opportunities to develop in their jobs and personally.
5,0
I am well open to everyone, enjoy working with people.
Always willing to learn and grow in life.

Good castomer service and respect to other people....
1,0
Engen Petroleum is a South African oil company focusing on the downstream refined petroleum products market and related businesses. The company’s core functions are the refining of crude oil, the marketing of primary refined petroleum products and the provision of convenience services via an extensive retail network.
5,0
It is a privilege to work at Engen as you are not only expected to deliver and meet deadlines but also you get an opportunity to work with diverse team of workers coming from different backgrounds and ethnical groups.