Eskom Holdings Limited

Intern7 reviews
South Africa7 reviews

3,9Work-Life Balance

Found 7 reviews matching the searchSee all 1 287 reviews

Obtained a great deal of knowledge

My Job in overall ,is very interesting and straight forward as it comes.You probably work alot of overtime, as lots of breaks occur at night"people sitting on heaters ,etc". Winter logged faults are a headache ,as it freezes alot in Standerton ,and unfortunately ,you are expected to attend to faults on any uncalming weather conditions However at mostly,you do alot of trip or earth leakage restorations .Those are so easy and just fun to attend to ,compared to other stunts I ,personally ,would recommend any hands-on and passionate person ,to try or pursue my career With thanks in advance Sli

Pros

fun experience

Workfriendly environment

Working with a customer was most of the time job.maintaining customers meters.how to interact with a customer, task planning, doing a risk assessment before work and working safe that is most of the things I learned at work.we worked as a team to manage all the work we had.ubuntu was one of the motives we used at work.the was no hard part in the job instead I used that as a challenge. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see the customer happy.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Too much work load

hectic sometimes

learning is a daily task, i have learned how to do switching of high voltage equipments, the hardest part is working during extreme weather conditions. overall the job is is very fun especially if you are an adrenalin junky.

good expusure

Eskom has helped me graduate by providing me with valid Technical Training for my p1 and p2.Further more provided me with this 18 moths Internship program I am currently on,but because of the challenges the company is facing of budget that is why we are being released and looking for employment.Of which with the Experience Eskom has given me I will be able to perform my duties in any company as a Technician.

Pros

I dvelop more Technical skills

Cons

Challenging projects and deadlims in a short space of time

Fun, value adding

I personally enjoy the environment here, the work load is a lot but it comes as a challenge. Which allows one to develop and grow as a professional. Eskom is a great employer, resources are more than enough which means one can carry out their roles with ease.

Pros

resource availability

Cons

long tiring hours

the work place is very productive and its grate to work here

the company is a very good company but am not sure of future in the company if am gone be permanent or do i have to look for another job would like to stay at the company but if that's not possible its

Professional and productive place to fork for.

Management at Eskom are a strong asset to the company. They handle crises well, instigates change smoothly, supports and lead team members, bring out the best in workers, promotes a feeling of harmony and fairness at the work place. They listen to the needs and concerns of others, promotes a positive working environment, has loyal and committed workers, manages different personalities, is tactful and sincere. They encourage team members to participate in problem solving, utilizes the skills of each team member, enhances productivity promotes team work well. Among the many things I have accomplished, I am proud of being part of a team in introducing an internal staff radio which was a success at ESKOM Western Cape. This communication medium was a two way communication method which directed information from management to all employees and also the views and questions from the employees to management. This platform aimed at creating a sense of unity, motivation and excitement in the workplace. It also updated employees about the business’ current affairs and events. There is no hardest part of this job because I believe that this is my job and I must always make it happen. Therefore, a job is well done when a person is motivated, interested and happy about it. I work with people who are good team players, humble and we are all more like family from different backgrounds and home. I work with people who are positive thinkers. Everyday is filled with smiles at the office.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eskom Holdings Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 1 287 reviews