Eskom Holdings Limited

Eskom Holdings Limited Pay & Benefits reviews

South Africa1 195 reviews
4,0
If I could get a chance to work for Eskom again I would grab it with both hands. But I would ask for an adjustment with salary .
Eskom is a good working environment, safety and stressless.
4,0
Salary was good and I enjoyed on job travelling and working in different provincies and different plant across South Africa. It was a well managed working environment but the challenge was to work abnormal hours most of the times
4,0
Eskom is an excellent company to work for. It has a great work culture and also a place for one to grow as well. Eskom holding also has great benefits for Employees
3,0
New and improved systems to do HR initiatives better, due to 80% of employees working off-site, improved methods of conducting meetings, performance reviews.
The real partnering concept to add-value to the business by providing advice and understanding the core business.
Pros
Good non-monetary benefits
Cons
Lot of travelling to different sites
3,0
I became electrician through eskom.not a bad company.the management is not bad.working hours is fine.good for start as a student to become a electrician
4,0
Generally it is a good company to work for. The culture and training is so intense and professional.Salary is also market related as well as benefits.
4,0
It's a great company to work at and they got the best benefits and offer employees room to study and grow. They have a lot of trainings to enhance your experience.
4,0
Great Work experience.Good for technical people.Supportive structure.Goal driven.High paced.Great Benefits and salary.Great learning environment.Good Salary
5,0
Eskom holdings is very good company to work for with excellent benefits and good culture.Work life balance is always encouraged all the time and also employees advancing in their careers through education.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Eskom Holdings Limited?
3,0
Always under pressure because of the construction, learned to be patient with the clients who needs to be retracted information on the system whereas they can do it themselves. hardest part is to count how many documents you loaded on the system a list where as the system keeps crushing but when you reached the target you with be very excited.
Pros
free lunches when having functions
Cons
long hours during overtime
4,0
Eskom still has market related salaries, great and competitive benefits. It is very difficult for other companies to top Eskom salary and benefits even if the post is higher than that occupied at Eskom.
Good work place.
Free accomodation.
Free transportation.

Project Labour Agreement.

Living out allowance.

Good overall package when compared to other employers.
4,0
A typical day at work is fun though hectic. What I have learned it that if you are going to do something always do it right the first time and take responsibility and accountability for it. I have worked with excellent Managers who always believed in me always tried to encourage a relaxed and funny workplace culture. The hardest part of the job is having to get Project Managers to explain their variances. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the project through the life cycle and handing it over to the client/sponsor.
Pros
Flexi-time, meals, other benefits
Cons
Sometimes not getting the recognition
4,0
Full of activities that demands ones complete attention. Open learning environment for a self driven individual. Culture is that of a safe working environment. the hardest part is that of silo mentality when it comes to team work.
Benefits
Cons
Too much red tape
Good day at work
Good service in technology

Management are hard workers

Health

Dig holes

Financial work

i am looking for inservice training in financial management
Pros
long lunches
Cons
long hourse
3,0
need for more resources as work increases but salary remains the same. benefits are great if you are in a management post but those on the ground are yet to be recognized.
Pros
subsidized transportation
Cons
work overload
3,0
Eskom as we all know is in a financial constraint.

We have to much employees who are not qualified to do the work they are doing. Rather appoint a specialist who can do 10 activities that 10 employees who only do 1.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No growth potential
4,0
I was working close with the egineers ,so whatever draughtwork they assigned to me it was my duty to check and draw whatever it is required of me using Autocad program
Pros
Free transport
Cons
traveling from Johannesburg to the sit
4,0
this is the good company work for only those certain individually that need to be corrected and checked frequently in performing their duties that they assigned for this has to start from management to the ground level . And those who are i the position they must not undermine those who are managing or reporting to them as their seniors, this has to be taken into consideration to the old people who were with company for such a longtime.

company benefits its good company to work for
Pros
free breakfast and lunch and shift allowance
Cons
normal hours and bonus
3,0
Good company but it's no secret lately it's been on the media for wrong reasons,it leaves a lot to be desired.Management to address the Medupi and Kusile power station issues.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Shortage of staff, there too much workload.
4,0
good company to acquire new skills. more concerned about the safety culture . takes care of its employees and it is a diversity company. somehow there's no growth for me.
Pros
medical aid benefits and cellphone allowance
Cons
i cant grow within the organisation