Expeditors

Expeditors Employee Reviews

South Africa16 reviews
4,0
Expeditors invests extensive training in their staff, with many enjoying a long tenure due to the varied promotion possibilities.

The culture is one based on 10 key elements, which differentiate the company from its competitors. After leaving Expeditors' employ, the competitors are weary of a good-fit in their organisation because of this.
2,0
This company could be one of the great one if management can really hear employee's grievance. There is a lot of improvement that can be done. There is no culture and senergy between departments.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
5,0
OTS awards nearly every month
Employee of the month 11+ times

Employee of the year 7 times

Very hard worker. Always going the extra mile with no effort.

Very good relationship with co-workers, clients, transporters, airlines etc
2,0
there are opportunities such as learnerships and internships there is experience on distribution and too much pressure with long working hours but pays less than the job we do
I loved this job.
Leading the team on getting good sustainable accounts that were profitable. Its the 80/20 rule. 20% or less of your customers can give you 80% of your revenue.!

Targets for me were the retailers in Cape Town. Some had been with their Logistics agents forever and they were in a rut. Expeditors had the most incredible tools to change that forever. Getting out there and talking to the decision makers, setting up meetings with the big guns was so exciting. Why? Because I knew we could deliver as a company. Best time of my life in 29 years of Sales and Marketing for Logistics and Supply Chain. I knew these retailers for years but now I had something I knew they couldn't refuse. Especially if they had the interests of their own company's bottom line at heart. It was no hardship at all to work 10 hours a day for this company. The rewards were fantastic.

Hardest part of the job was convincing my boss to employ more people so we could handle the volume of business about to hit us.!!!

Those customers we got on board are still there today.
Pros
Brilliant support from Management at that time and brilliant training
Cons
not enough hours in a day
5,0
Working as warehouse distribution for almost 3years and promoted to Import warehouse and export warehouse controller for 2years and it was great to learn every moments in warehouse and moved to Brokerage department for Customs administration support and it was greater to work with SARS represented.
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
Long hours 8 - 5
5,0
I gained an invaluable experience in inventory,picking,and using the scanner.That was my first experience in the logistic sector and enjoyed every moment thereof.If i could be given the second chance i will add more value into the success of the company.
Pros
Atmosphere was cunducive
Cons
Normal working hours
4,0
Company with great systems in place. Company with culture of improving staff at all levels. Very good platform to fine tune your skills to work in any environment.

Excellent benefits and training opportunities.
Pros
Excellent opportunities to grow both local & international
2,0
Working for Expeditors gave me an opportunity to understand logistics as it is a Global logistics company.
Highlight was definitely the culture that is entrenched within the organization. I just didn't enjoy the working hours (8am to 5pm) and the Salary.
Pros
Organizational culture
Cons
Long working hours
2,0
It has been a very overwhelming experience working at sag or. I was given opportunity to climb and equipped myself. It was a great pleasure spending my few years with them.
Pros
outing
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Expeditors?
3,0
stable secure company to work for.
strict environment

has its pros and cons

friendly people

intensive training

great team
3,0
Communication is key at the company, although the execution of things is dependent on the individual whom which you communicate with.
Attitude is also key - if you posses a 'can do' and 'willing to ' attitude, you are what the company is looking for.

Even with that, it doesn't necessarily mean that you'll reach your goal, but it will secure your job.

The hardest part of the job, is not having the necessary backup from management when needed. This has led me to go up above people's heads to be able to get assistance - which creates unfavourable work relationships. So in a way, one's willpower and ability to execute duties is tested. This does not necessarily go noticed as efforts to try and keep the business going, but is recognized as threats - thus managers not appraising their subordinates.

I have however learnt that if I do want something to be done the right way, I should be diplomatic, tactful and firm when undertaking my duties. I've also learned to take things on my own, and go with them - thus making decisions but at the same time ensuring that no one is harmed in the process, the business is secured and my employer is happy with the outcome.
Pros
If you require additional training, you have the opportunity to ask for it.
Cons
Sacrifices, at times you make personal sacrifices to benefit the company, but these may hamper one's personal life.
3,0
A typical day starts from handling customer complaints, to signing on new accounts. Handling a new customer. I have learned a lot over the many years, knowledge that I am willing to share with others. Management is very supportive of issues, concerns and very open to new ideas. The hardest part of the job is being very diligent when following company policies and procedures, dropping the ball can result in serious trouble for yourself. I love interacting with my customers chit chatting with them through out the day. Co workers are easy to work with, each one gets one with the job, each person has a task to complete and completes, if you need assistance they are willing to assist.
3,0
Business driven establishment with goals laid out.
Training is compulsory but there is little room to grow.
5,0
Key focus on understanding companies. Longer sales life cycle.
Great OPS team.

Hard part of any job is to keep motivated in hard times.
Pros
great processes and job aids
Cons
one way, the companies way. no creativity.
5,0
The work day is very busy everyday. I have learnt alot at this company the people here are very helpful and have taught me alot. Management is great and very supportive, very goal driven and want the best for the company as well as their staff. Co-workers are very friendly and helpful. Lots of Culture and Values in this company. Hardest part of my job is to Remember Tariffs as there are millions to remember but i have learnt alot. I enjoy every part of my job.
Pros
free lunches friday before payday. awesome.
Cons
long hours most days and work weekends. i need a family life as well.