Expeditors
3,5 out of 5 stars.

Expeditors Employee Reviews

3,2Work-Life Balance

Showing all 1 010 reviews

Company has no growth opportunity

Company has no growth opportunity. They have great training opportunities , however their pay and bonus is not given fairly. Some management is friendly.

Pros

Training

Cons

long working hours

Super Agents are not Management Material

Supervisor don’t get any training on how to manage people… if you can deal with outdated management practices and looking at and doing the same thing day to day for 3-5 years at the poverty line, it’s the job and place for you! “Promote from within”

Empresa de grandes valores y equipo de trabajo eficiente

Es una empresa de muchos valores, preocupada por sus empleado a los que considera el bien mas valioso, no escatima en capacitación y compensa muy bien los buenos resultados, una empresa para destacar y formar una buena carrera laboral.

empresa racista

es una empresa racista ya que trabajas por agencia de empleos y no te hacen de la compañia

Good

Good place to work. People and the work ethic is good with good support in place to make sure you can get the job done and to the right standard!!!!!!

Nice pay company but a bit busy

Nice pay company but a bit busy, people are nice and work place is good. Many company policies and high standards of work. Required many training hours annually.

I worked here for +1y.

Poor management. High turnover of staff due to good employees not being recognised as that. No opportunity to advance. If you know the management you will progress. Otherwise you will not. Toxic work environment. You will always be asked to do more than what you can. Cliches among management and HR. Salary is basic compared to competitors.

Pros

Quarterly bonus

Cons

Long hours, poor management, not valued based on work ethic, valued if they like you

Working

Like any company has its good and bad. Benefits are great, paid time off too. Culture can vary depending on the branch. No lay offs. Great system tools to make work easier

Empleo estable pero no para largo plazo

Expeditors brinda diferentes tipos de entrenamiento y apoyo para tu crecimiento profesional, sin embargo las promociones están limitadas para los amigos y familiares del management. Actualmente se están brindando 26 días de home office que puedes usar máximo tres al mes, pero ha sido un reto poder gozarlos ya que ponen muchos obstáculos para tomarlos. En el GNMC hay mucha rotación de personal y es muy cansado ya que continuamente estamos entrenando a nuevas personas. Es una compañía muy estable pero existen otras empresas con salario mas competitivo, prestaciones y ofertan home office.

Stressful work environment with low compensation

Management was more concerned with how someone looked physically than the employee's work ethic, knowledge and customer service skills. Young male college graduates with little experience are in high demand. Women and more experienced agents are expected to work 12-14 hour days on salary with little flexibility for any life event that may require a day or two off.

Amazing team culture

They look at character rather than just overall experience. They are very focus on training and simplifying process to optimize productivity. They are open about finance and also company goals in all areas even if it does not pertain to your product. Every can add value to the company goal. Very corporate, but sue to COVID I believe they relaxed certain of their requirements.

Solid and stable with great benefits

Benefits are top notch. Coworkers are sharp and fun. Mgmt is old school - no real option for working from home, even if you are in IS. This prevents retaining top talent in IT. Devops and SAFe are practiced religiously in most teams, for better or worse.Discounted stock that rises slow and steady is a great benefit.

Managemen

Job security is there but management needs to improve. People are friendly but there is no employ relation team to support the new hired employees……..

Great place to develop, plenty of opportunity for those who seek it

I enjoy the company, I understand the company expects much from its people, but also gives a lot in return to those who perform at a consistently high level. Its not for everyone but I've never regretted the choice

Worried for the future

Been an employee for 17 years and I am scared for the future of the company. Turnover rate is currently at 40% YTD (data showing this was sent out this week to Senior Leaders.) Compensation has Expeditors has always been low, however, they get you with benefits and stock, etc. But now the compensation is so low, they charge for benefits, stock is worthless and they REFUSE to have any type of work from home flexibility. The company is stuck in their ways from 40+ years ago when they opened their doors.

Decent place to work, great benefits

Had awesome benefits, but due to that pay was slightly lower than national average for industry. Good work/life balance. Takes a while to move up positions. Enjoyable enough, spent about three years there and I don’t regret it.

Very unproductive and not well managed.

When I started here there was no clear direction given to me as to what I would be doing. So, a typical workday would consist of me waiting for the supervisor on the floor to find something for me to do, which could take hours. This was extremely hard for me because I am very productive and like to keep moving it makes the time go by and you feel a sense of accomplishment once the task at hand is completed. The managers were to laid back and not very professional they did not like any kind of scrutiny or negative feed back. So, my complaints or concerns were often given the cold shoulder or nonresponse.This company contracts out a majority of its employees, who are mostly migrants so if you have a problem with that this might not be the place for you . I was one of only two people hired that was not a temp or contractor. I did not find this out until after I started working here so if you are not bilingual you will have problems communicating with the migrants.As for the culture this is more of a family and friends type of operation a lot of nepotism in the ranks you have to be careful of who you involve yourself with. People will drop the ball on you if you cross them in the wrong way and you will not know until its to late.The hardest part of my job was standing around for up to six hours waiting for work to do and only having maybe three or four hours of actual work. This was a 10 hour a day job and I spent have of that time doing nothing.The most enjoyable part of the job was the pay and only the pay. As for what I learned is not to ever trust what the recruiter says -

Floor Supervicour behaviour

This place NO opportunity..there is a one guy he is a floor supervisor..he is always rude.misbehave..he don’t know how how to talk the people..he is thinking (HE IS THE BOSS..)we complaint many times to manger..but still same..this warehouse no good pay..no good atmosphere..Thanks

Great people, great stability, evolving

The people are always the best reason to work here. Its a really non-competitive environment (CHQ-IS) and folks are generally really nice. They have never laid off people, so stability is really key, and something they promote a lot. Enforce a good work/life balance (some work at home but very standard IT stuff). While they are behind the times with WFH and flexibility - a lot is changing. Dress code updated, WFH days added, etc. So they are doing a lot of changing, just takes a bit of patience to move such a big "barge". Overall good company, good people, nice place to work.

Pros

People, Non-Competitive, Internal Movement

Cons

WFH Flexibility

Hard work but very rewarding

The last 2.5 years have been more challenging than any other time during my almost 26 years with this company. Grateful for working for such a strong company who continues to overcome much adversity.

Ambiente de trabajo amigable con posibilidades de desarrollo

Siempre y cuando cuentes con la intensión de crecer y desarrollarte, aportando a la mejora de procesos, y que esto se refleje en tu trabajo diario; se fomenta el desarrollo, se ofrece permanencia a todos los empleados por lo que el crecimiento puede no ser inmediato

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Expeditors. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 1 010 reviews