Expeditors

Expeditors Employee Reviews in Johannesburg, Gauteng

Johannesburg, Gauteng2 reviews

3,2Work-Life Balance

Found 2 reviews matching the searchSee all 1 010 reviews

They believe in perosonal development and retaining staff

Communication is key at the company, although the execution of things is dependent on the individual whom which you communicate with. Attitude is also key - if you posses a 'can do' and 'willing to ' attitude, you are what the company is looking for. Even with that, it doesn't necessarily mean that you'll reach your goal, but it will secure your job. The hardest part of the job, is not having the necessary backup from management when needed. This has led me to go up above people's heads to be able to get assistance - which creates unfavourable work relationships. So in a way, one's willpower and ability to execute duties is tested. This does not necessarily go noticed as efforts to try and keep the business going, but is recognized as threats - thus managers not appraising their subordinates. I have however learnt that if I do want something to be done the right way, I should be diplomatic, tactful and firm when undertaking my duties. I've also learned to take things on my own, and go with them - thus making decisions but at the same time ensuring that no one is harmed in the process, the business is secured and my employer is happy with the outcome.

Pros

If you require additional training, you have the opportunity to ask for it.

Cons

Sacrifices, at times you make personal sacrifices to benefit the company, but these may hamper one's personal life.

Productive Place to work in. The Knowledge gained cannot be lost.

The work day is very busy everyday. I have learnt alot at this company the people here are very helpful and have taught me alot. Management is great and very supportive, very goal driven and want the best for the company as well as their staff. Co-workers are very friendly and helpful. Lots of Culture and Values in this company. Hardest part of my job is to Remember Tariffs as there are millions to remember but i have learnt alot. I enjoy every part of my job.

Pros

free lunches friday before payday. awesome.

Cons

long hours most days and work weekends. i need a family life as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Expeditors. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 1 010 reviews

3,4 out of 5 stars for Culture

Expeditors Reviews by Job Title

• Expeditors
  • Johannesburg, Gauteng
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?