Experian

Experian Employee Reviews

I work for Experian, however, I was based in a BPO call centre. The cultures were opposite. I enjoyed the Experian culture but the values and culture of the BPO was challenging. I was managed by Experian UK and everything was done online.
Pros
Excellent management
Cons
Being placed in the BPO environment.
Experian is a great place to work. The employees are good colleagues. They are always willing to help. Management is understanding and always listen and help with challenges.
Pros
Theres always a surprise lunch or braai
Cons
Overtime is not always paid for
Great company. This is a very good stepping stone. The company helps with the building of character and the management finds amazing ways to get the best out of the staff. Very good place to grow and to experience the all on approach when it comes to dealing with international clients. Amazing growth possibilities. The company also provides amazing opportunities.
Production is key in this organisation. Very effective QA support along with a strict focus on compliance. A good place to gain a lot of experience. Management support is excellent.
its is a nice place to work at, it help me to grow. Its security and safety orienated. Its also about a healthy lifestyle, whereby they care about the mployees well being.
I got better understanding of the corporate world and how different department fit together. I also had the opportunity of enhancing my knowledge on SQL and also learnt about SAS.
Pros
Team buildings
i enjoyed my working days at this company and i learn a lot during my time employing without experience and there was a growth to each and every department. thanks
Pros
learning programm
Cons
normal hours
work hard and get rewarded for your hard work. good wellness area. workculture is more pressure and deadline driven. self managed. flexihours lacks proper support structure.
Pros
global opportunities within company
Cons
business areas not integrated as you would like. themand us
At Experian SA, we believe in delighting our customers. Improve, innovate and grow both the business and customers. The mindset is to collaborate and win.
Pros
Flexi hours
Cons
Half hour lunch
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Experian?
I worked 12 hour shifts ( day or night) Upon starting my shift i immediately go through the handover of the days activities and task that have been done and what is to be done during my shift. I will do my daily checks and monitoring of disk space ,services and all business application by ensuring that they are up and running before the other teams start working thus ensuring that our production environment is ready and available for business. Interact with different teams like Developers and Database administrator and IT infrastructure team in ensuring that clients issues are resolved timorously without delays. I learned different aspect of IT and my understanding a holistic view of business processes has broadened and the importance of client satisfaction. Night shifts and working on public was a challenge because it was not just a once off thing but standard because we operated 24/7,It had an impact to my social life.
Pros
Night shift allowances
Cons
Limited time with family
A typical day at work was exciting and encouraging.I learned the importance of having a great attitude and maintaining a great attitude in the workplace.Management was always respectful and courageous.The workplace culture had a friendly and warm atmosphere.The hardest part of the job was making sure i do not lose my attitude.The most enjoyable part of the job was that the environment was so inspiring, and that gave me confidence and enthusiasm to do the job well.
Pros
workable environment
Cons
Very Great and Big Organizastion. I was in the Consulting Workforce where we were based at Clients. Spent Years supporting the Edcon Network, and Stores Applications
Pros
Fun Enviroment, And Good People
Cons
Growth was limited since we were based at Clients
I have recently retired but find I have too much time on my hands and miss working tremendously. I have all the necessary qualifications for the position advertised. • Grasp concepts quickly and I am able to gain an understanding of what I need to do in a short period of time. • Always conscious about my actions and how this might influence and impact those around me. • Enjoy learning new things as well as helping others around me. • Co-operative, hardworking, confident, understanding, and eager to learn self-motivated • Can work under pressure and maintain good results, well skilled and good experience • Effective in working independently and collaboratively in team I consider myself to be a good communicator and possess strong organizational and inter-personal skills. In addition to that I am a fast leaner and can adapt to any given situation.
Pros
Work Hours
Cons
Communication between management and staff
this is a wonderful place to work at the people are very helpful and very energetic, they train you well and explain everything briefly if you don't understand
Pros
cakes for your birthday
Productive atmosphere Up-to-date technology Customer query driven Product delivery driven Good people and business etiquette
Pros
Heart of Experian initiatives
Cons
Improper Recognition
I enjoyed assisting our walk-in clients when they had problems with their credit reports. I enjoyed my co-workers we got along very well. Hardest part was when consumers couldn't get through to our call centre
Pros
Bonus, Increase, staff lunches
Cons
Too much to do and not enough hours in the day
i learned the inhouse operating systems. typical day was recieving, analysing and loading data into inhouse systems for clients. hardest part was not being given opportunity to grow within the company. co-workers are nice. enjoyable part was working as a team.
Pros
learning a lot
Cons
minimum salary increase
A normal day rarely goes as planned. There are multiple clients' queries regarding data loaded to the database. The team I work with is very dedicated and innovative.
Pros
Great annual bonuses
Cons
Not enough personal time
Working for Experian was a wonderfull experience for me it basically felt like home, everyone was supportive, I will forever remember my days with the company.
Pros
Team bulding trips to social wellfares.
Cons
Long Shift working hours
My typical day at work would involve building new computers(loading operating system and the required software). After building the machine i would approach Experian's employees and ask them if i could swap their old machine for a new one, and if they agreed i would start by doing their data back up. Bring out the new machine and start retrieving the end user's back, connect them to their accounts on different software's that they are using. It was nice and easy working with my co-worker because most of us(four roll-out engineers) were graduates with no work experience and we knew each other as we graduated from one college and we helped each other with tasks. The project was starting to move slow as our project manager went to another site and left the solution lead architecture in charge, but we did manage to cope without him after two days. Personally i enjoyed going to the end users as it gave me joy when i saw the users happy and satisfied with their new machine.
Pros
Free Food and Beverage drinks
Cons
Some end users were difficult but fun to help them
phoning companies and updating their credit portfolios, obtain a bank code, phone for trade references from their suppliers. the co-workers i had were all woman, even though there was a lot of bickering in the office i got along with everyone. hardest part of my job was not being able to trace owner or financial directors of some companies.
Pros
interesting and enjoyable job
Cons
not always being able to reach all deadlines due to directors being untraceable