EY

EY Employee Reviews

South Africa165 reviews

Found 165 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,082 reviews

Fun and productive

It was great to be at EY. Technology is up to date and there's great culture. They care for their employees. Most exciting part of my job was to attend events.

Pros

Flexible hours, free coffee

Cons

Working overtime

Stressful, no work-life balance

I worked there for less than a year. It wasn't a healthy work environment (long hours: working after hours/ in the evening, as well as on weekends, this on top of your normal 08:00-17:00 that you do! (And this wasn't a once off thing on busy periods - it was a norm). Poor management, and a very tense working environment). I eventually had to choose between my health and a job, and I chose my health.

Pros

None.

Cons

Long hours/ zero work-life balance Poor management No recognition for your hard-work

Good learning environment

Good learning environment, but very stressful environment. Deadline driven environment as well. Favoritism was an issue, trainees were not treated equally, which was very demotivating.

Pros

Study leave and support for board exams.

Cons

Served Articles of Clerkship.

Be professional in all respects: Dress Code, Knowledge and Content, Respect, Trust, Honesty, Dependebility. Responsibility, Accountability. Time consciousness, Agilty, Prudence, Team Player, Cient/ Service Oriented, Good Work ethic.

Pros

Sporting events, various excursions

Cons

Can not remember any

Very stressfully

Be prepared to work long hours. No holidays and no weekends. Sometimes management cover certain people. There is lot of favoritism. Certain people do not sleep out of town especially if a town is in rural area.

Pros

Flexible working environment

Cons

Productive and lots of training available

Good working hours, overtime was being paid for. A good working environment where everybody matters and was included in work events, not separated due to job title.

Is a productive and fun environment a person would like to go to work everyday...

The work place is accommodative and makes work easy to be done on a daily basis,culture,race, gender and values are taken very serious.The training they offers and more educational and helpful

Pros

Trainings

Cons

Long hours sometimes

Nice place to be

I enjoyed every second I was part of EY.EY has offices in every continent and recognized as the top employer. This attracts cream of the crop in terms of employee quality. In turn this becomes a great environment for real employee development.

Pros

Networking and melting pot of top talent

Cons

Competition is too high for very few opportunities

Productive and fast moving worplace

EY's culture promotes teaming and I think thats what separates it from other firms. It is an inclusive workplace where you can always feel like family

Best company I have worked for

I was data capture and they were good company to work for......and if I can opportunity to work with them again I would .... I would recommend young people to search opportunities at EY

Pros

Salary

Cons

Contractors

EY - a great place to pick up on skills

EY is a great place to get all the skills you'll need for the finance world. The company culture is inclusive and makes everyone feel welcome, I highly recommend the company.

Productive workplace, good management, good client engagement

Very good company to work for. Productive workplace, good management, good client engagement I would recommend EY. Would like to do more projects with EY.

Best company to work for.

Best company to work for especially the work life balance. Values are a maintained seriously. Most importantly the flexy hours to suite your working conditions.

Fun and high paying

above market salaries in RPA, extensive support, opportunities for growth endless, additional education paid for by company, cafeteria is great, vibing environment

Pros

Salary increases with each certificate and salaries normally way above market

Cons

Some managers are difficult to work with but it happens rarely

Productive, fun and Collaborative

As a business/management consultant at Ernst and young we worked on different projects from private to public entities. The kind of work depended on the client which means you are a versatile consultant as we did work from internal audit, external audit, asset management, project management etc. The culture is very relaxed but also depended on which client you are in as you will need to adapt.

Ey

I love the people who work at EY. However the roles that are core to business are ignored and taken advantage of. There's no benefits or perks for Core Business Staff

EY is a strong brand to work for

Depending on the role you are applying for, the view of the job will change for everyone. if you work in a team, you will feel the culture more than when working by yourself.

Pros

open door policy.

Ey on Fridays is like cultural day wearing sport t-shirt

Place like EY is like my family from the start not now , From last year EY is not the place that you sit down and enjoy your job Their change management , Restructuring everything change our salary change from up to down so everybody need to leave this place.

Payroll

EY is very energetic, vibrant company to work for. I am an extrovert and in my line of work i love dealing with different employees with different backgrounds to assist them with understanding their payslips and how this is being structured. We have people from all over the globe coming on assignments within our office an its always a nice experience to have that 1 on 1 interaction with them.

Working at EY was a big learning curve, I learnt alot about self growth, I had the honour of being exposed to a highly professional environment with very friendly colleagues.

Productive workplace

Ernst & Young is the best company that one would ever work for. I am pleased to be exposed to the company culture and be able to build good working relationships.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EY. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• EY
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?