Here to help
Coronavirus update

EY Employee Reviews

South Africa156 reviews
5,0
I was data capture and they were good company to work for......and if I can opportunity to work with them again I would .... I would recommend young people to search opportunities at EY
Pros
Salary
Cons
Contractors
4,0
EY is a great place to get all the skills you'll need for the finance world.
The company culture is inclusive and makes everyone feel welcome, I highly recommend the company.
5,0
Very good company to work for. Productive workplace, good management, good client engagement I would recommend EY. Would like to do more projects with EY.
5,0
Best company to work for especially the work life balance. Values are a maintained seriously. Most importantly the flexy hours to suite your working conditions.
5,0
above market salaries in RPA, extensive support, opportunities for growth endless, additional education paid for by company, cafeteria is great, vibing environment
Pros
Salary increases with each certificate and salaries normally way above market
Cons
Some managers are difficult to work with but it happens rarely
4,0
As a business/management consultant at Ernst and young we worked on different projects from private to public entities. The kind of work depended on the client which means you are a versatile consultant as we did work from internal audit, external audit, asset management, project management etc. The culture is very relaxed but also depended on which client you are in as you will need to adapt.
1,0
I love the people who work at EY. However the roles that are core to business are ignored and taken advantage of. There's no benefits or perks for Core Business Staff
3,0
Depending on the role you are applying for, the view of the job will change for everyone. if you work in a team, you will feel the culture more than when working by yourself.
Pros
open door policy.
4,0
Place like EY is like my family from the start not now , From last year EY is not the place that you sit down and enjoy your job Their change management , Restructuring everything change our salary change from up to down so everybody need to leave this place.
3,0
EY is very energetic, vibrant company to work for. I am an extrovert and in my line of work i love dealing with different employees with different backgrounds to assist them with understanding their payslips and how this is being structured. We have people from all over the globe coming on assignments within our office an its always a nice experience to have that 1 on 1 interaction with them.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at EY?
4,0
Working at EY was a big learning curve, I learnt alot about self growth, I had the honour of being exposed to a highly professional environment with very friendly colleagues.
5,0
Ernst & Young is the best company that one would ever work for. I am pleased to be exposed to the company culture and be able to build good working relationships.
3,0
The firm is team oriented and very diverse. You get to work with people that have different backgrounds which is great. The firm has taught me how to supervise the team I work with and how to manage deadlines and expectations of higher management.
5,0
EY is a great place to work at and is a friendly environment and even the managerial staff is work efficiently and liaise well with all employees of the company.
4,0
I would work there given a chance to do it again, there is a quite a lot to learn about the vast changing accounting world and EY exposure give you business confidence.
4,0
The deadlines can get tough, but you always walk away with new knowledge and experience after every audit.

Busy season is pretty tough with long hours and tough deadlines, but things usually calm down after May.

I personally had a good work-life balance.
5,0
I spent most of my time at the client’s vicinity instead of the company’s quarters however my coworkers were accommodating and polite. It was a good experience.
5,0
I was was exposed to auditing public sector ,Government departments , Banking sector . It was more rewarding working in Home affairs projects . Management were excellent and hands-on
2,0
Transparency, only exists between top management
Goal posts are moved on a regular basis. You are only a number, sexist very low salary bands. A lot of exclusive clicks
5,0
EY offers growth opportunities for all, if one is willing to spread their wings. There is inclusiveness and the work place encourages team work. EY is the employer of choice
Pros
career growth
5,0
The work culture at EY is very excellent. Got the opportunity to work with people from very diverse backgrounds and I thoroughly enjoyed this aspect of the my time at EY.
Pros
Team