Factorie

Factorie Employee Reviews for Store Manager

open store, call RM to report figures and day plan of action. Early morning meeting with the team Unpacking of stock, stock counts and stationery ordering Push sales, hourly sales reading and report every 2 hours from 12 pm till 7 pm. House keeping and daily figures compilling Cash up, end of day meeting and close the store.
Pros
50% discount on clothes across all brands, paid maternity leave, yearly leave, anual wage increase, providant fund and medical aid.
Cons
long hours, even longer over festive season.
not enough growth,not enough development for growth. management was not willing to relocate me to a store closer to my home. never had enough staff. had a large store with only two or three people at a time so stock loss was an issue
Pros
weekends off
Cons
no growth
the culture of the brand was fun and friendly, with a lot of hard work and discipline required in order that one can be the most productive team leader they can be. an ordinary day would start with a morning meeting briefing the team on budgets, how we did the day before and what we are tracking for the week and the month, coming up with strategies to make and beat budgets but also to create a world class customer experience. Then the team will be zoned around the store for floor coverage and customer service. As the team leader I will give directives for each team member in their zones, creating a culture of responsibility and personal achievement. Every few hours I would turn up the volume so that the team and I start dancing like know one is watching. The average day included stock replen and placements, visual merchandising, stock counts, tracking best sellers and communicating on whats selling and whats not. Also taking initiative to ask for more stock on the best sellers or changing visual layouts as per the weather of the best sellers.
Pros
team leaders didnt work sundays and mondays also public holidays
Cons
short staffed
A typical day at work means drawing up a plan and having a morning meeting with staff in on that particular day. With running a business you always need to know your figures and make sure that your staff know too. This is important as this is the starting point of achieving budgets/targets,on a day id break down the sales target for that particular day according to number of hours of the working day and what we'd like to achieve hourly. Ive learnt that you have to communicate with staff and set them in the right frame of mind,this is important in retail and sales. You have to trust co workers and allow them to have an input as this not only boosts confidence but also creates ownership. The hardest part of my job would be to at times work understaffed and have to maximise what you have on hand to still achieve your target. However,the most enjoyable part of my job would be that in retail there is always an element of surprise and the good service you give always creates a loyal customer.
Pros
You learn how to run a business and get to take ownership as if it were your own.
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Factorie?