Faircape

Faircape Employee Reviews

South Africa16 reviews
Very busy diverse company
The village that I worked at had wonderful management. It was a very busy high paced job where no 2 days were the same. Staff were friendly.
It is a five star establishment so we worked to a very high standard which i loved doing.
1,0
Good Company .... with no career prospects .....
Want to work at FairCape? , consider that ;

# Good working environments but; the entire work place/s are under constant camera surveillance and conversations are voice recorded.

# Amazing colleges to work with but; micro management of talented staff (by Executive Management) is the order of day.

Also ,

# Inordinately high turnover employees - "staff leave managers & executives not companies"
7 April 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to read your review.
Please note that our camera surveillance is for the intention of security as we have 6 retirement villages with healthcares that have vulnerable residents and patients. We are concerned that this has not been the purpose perceived by yourself the way it has and will ensure this perception is corrected with our current and future staff.

Your remaining feedback will be shared with senior management.
Great people, poor culture
This company employs some amazing people, but unfortunately, as an employee, you do not get treated very well by the CEO who is extremely involved in every aspect of the business. There is no real next level of management below him. The staff turnover here is incredibly high.

The office feels very tense, everyone is buried in their tasks, trying to make ever changing targets and goals. I would not recommend this environment for someone who has a family. You are expected to answer emails at night, when you are on holiday (this is the norm, not an exception), and a very big emphasis is placed on the amount of hours you spend at the office.

You are constantly compared to others who work until 10pm everyday. This seems to be the only way to get ahead as then you get noticed. The focus should rather be on the quality of your work, not the amount of time you spend in an office.
13 March 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to read your review. Although Faircape does not have a complex hierarchical structure, we have invested in key senior managers as heads of our operational streams, for which they are fully responsible.. No one is expected to work until 10H00 at night.Senior managers are expected to answer urgent emails on matters which fall within their direct responsibility after normal business hours, but these are a rarity and should be no more than three times a year. We have had many of our staff who have been with the company for 20 years or more.They are the responsible ones who prove their reliability every time.
5,0
Good legal and business experience; room for growth and variety of work
Each day is somewhat different and unpredictable which means you are constantly learning new legal and business skills. A typical day includes a variety of legal work including giving legal advice, drafting legal opinions and research, problem solving, drafting and vetting agreements, attending various internal meetings and offering legal support to the various Faircape entities.

The management style is direct and managers have high expectations and standards.There is room for growth if you area hard worker and perform well.
1,0
Money will not buy happiness
The CEO treats everyone with little to no respect .He tries to micromanage you, but constantly changes the goal posts to make sure you do not meet requirements in order to push you out.

The HR hide and cover up for the CEO , if you step out of line even once in the smallest way or the CEO decides he does agree with you on something, you are instantly offered a 2 month agreement which forces you to sign away your legal rights in order to get you out the door.

In the short time i was there I must have experience a staff turn around of about 7 people leaving each month on average.

I have worked in international corporate companies, and this one by far is the worst. Their expectations are so unrealistic, you are set up to fail before you have even started.

Their salary pay is good. But if you leave within 6 months of your bonus you are required to pay it back, irrespective of how long you have been with the company. Sad when people who leave after many many years are forced to give back what they worked hard to earn.

I would just recommend to stay clear.
7 February 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We are disappointed to hear that this was your experience as a Faircape employee.

Faircape is not in agreement of the allegation that HR forces any signature on an agreement to remove legal rights. We encourage you to contact HR directly to provide feedback on this concerning matter should you be confident that this did take place.

An employee's KPI's are agreed upon at appointment and is used to measure an employee's performance, these do not change without written agreement. There is no record of an employee's probation not being successful due to KPI's changing.
4,0
Energetic and Dynamic Environment to Learn and Expand your career.
I have been working at Faircape for almost a year now, I have learned so much working with so many different personalities, skill sets and departments. There are so many different avenues your career could take you within the Faircape Group.

All levels of management have an open door policy, you are welcomed and encouraged to share new ideas and to discuss issues or concerns to better the company and working environment.

If you work hard and maintain a good work ethic you will succeed.
Challenging but great company
I have been with the company since 2013 and I have learned an enormous amount from four different divisions of the company - there is definitely room for growth. Faircape is a good company to work for if you put in the effort and produce, you will be rewarded. HR is an open door, the HR manager is always available and willing to listen. I have worked under the CEO for the past 5 years. The office is open plan, the CEO doesn't sit inside an office behind a closed door, he is very involved and is always willing to offer support and advice. The overall support structure of senior management is good, you are definitely not just a number. Like with all companies, there are good days and there are bad days and there are challenges faced.
Productive & Opportunities are endless
Been at Faircape for the past 3 years. I have learnt so much, not only from management, but from other employees within the company. I have learnt new skills within different divisions in the company. Hard work is recognised and rewarded.

There are many growth opportunities within the company. Managements open door policy is great for productivity.

If you are willing to work hard and give 100% it certainly will pay off and you will get paid well for doing your job.

Former administrator, current Manager.
Always looking for staff
CEO doesn't know if he is an accountant or a wana be nurse. Managers keep changing, management keeps changing policies. Lower level staff work forced overtime. Overtime only payed every 3 months so they gain interest on your earnings, dont even know if it is legal. They also do not follow procedure when i relates to drug books, i do not know how they never get caught out by health department. No growth opportunities at all and almost no benefits think they offer 800 towards medical aid but that is it. Not worth it for the salary, which is not all that great if u actually deduct the benefits. Cameras are monitored by nurses not security. Patients have no privacy as they are monitored 24/7 except in bathroom
Pros
High salary, no recognition
Cons
Feels like u on big brother
30 January 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We are disappointed to hear that this has been your experience as a Faircape employee. Faircape Health is dedicated to being compliant with our medication management and all other procedures as outlined by the Department of Health. Our security camera system has been installed to monitor the safety of not only our residents, but our staff as well. It has not been our intention to make staff members uncomfortable by the presence of these cameras and we will make sure that we communicate their purpose more clearly going forward.

Kindly contact the HR department to discuss your review in order to understand what we improve on as an employer
Nothing good to say
I currently work at Faircape Property Group in Claremont and it is probably the worst company I have worked for. Staff are not treated well pretty much across the board and the culture is plain toxic. AVOID
2 January 2020
Thank you for your feedback.

In contradiction to this review, we have had the opposite feedback from the Faircape Management Team. We have recently invested in a new office space and applied an extensive amount of resource behind streamlining procedures. This was well received as per the comments and feedback given during our annual staff survey and buzz session held on 28 November 2019.

Kindly contact the HR Department to discuss your unfortunate review in order to understand what can be done to improve your experience at the company.
A stepping stone
Not a good culture to work in, culture is quite toxic and most people are unhappy, cameras everywhere to monitor your every move. Communication between management and staff is seriously lacking and unrealistic.

No career growth as well
10 December 2019
Thank you for your post. We appreciate all feedback. The offices have camera surveillance for safety and security purposes, these are not in place for any other intent. We would like to kindly encourage you to contact HR at Faircape to discuss the concerning comments made on this platform so that we can discuss your review.
5,0
Great Company, productive, supportive and good place to develop
Been at Faircape for many years, and its a great company to work for. I have learnt so much from not only management, but other role players within the organisation, enhancing my skills in various business units.

Being able to deal directly with management, open door policy, is conducive to productivity and individual growth, as you get answers almost immediately.

If you are a person who thrives on giving your best, and achieving goals, this will be recognised, and will be paid well for doing your job.
not for long term
Salary and is fairly good, but to be honest does not make up for the bleak culture. Faircape is a good stepping stone in your career, but don't settle for long term because your employment and job security is constantly on shaky ground, due to spectacularly high and unreasonable expectations from the CEO.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Poor benefits - no provident/pension fund
18 October 2019
Faircape appreciates all feedback for the intent to help improve our established company as employers. After having an open discussion with our current Marketing team. HR is under the impression that you do not work for our company in Marketing. Kindly contact HR at Faircape to discuss the concerning comments made on this platform so that we can understand and discuss your review.
4,0
Challenging, Fast past with great opportunities
The direct management style makes it easy to know where you stand, what the areas are that needs to be developed.

I belief that this company pays their employees very well.

I will be forever grateful to Faircape for the array of skills that I acquired here.
Pros
Great Salary
Cons
Fast Past
5,0
Great exposure to a variety of industries
The environment is a great place to work if you would like to expand your knowledge, there is a lot of opportunity for growth.
Management is direct and transparent, giving great support and encouragement to expand your skillset
Avoid at all costs
I have never been so poorly treated and under valued in my life. This company will bend and override their own policies whenever it suits them. The communication between my manager and the team was nearly non existent, even after making positive suggestions for better communication and planning went unnoticed. There is also no acknowledgement for putting in extra effort. Staff turn around is insane - people come and go almost every week. Horrible culture and place to work and all of this stems from the CEO who treats his staff like numbers - nothing more.
18 October 2019
The company remains consistent in the application of company policies and procedures and it is taken very seriously that an employee has not experienced this.

It does not appear like we received this unfortunate feedback in your exit interview when you departed the company, kindly contact HR at Faircape should you want to discuss further.