Faircape

Faircape Employee Reviews

South Africa29 reviews
4,0
The usual working hours are 8am to 5pm with a 45min lunch break (and tea time).

Each department relies on the other to ensure that their work can be finalized correctly and efficiently. If you didn't pull your weight in group projects, this place is not for you.

The management at Faircape are highly experienced and willing to assist you where you need.

It is a structured environment with room for growth.
Pros
Social Events
Cons
Not as flexible as a smaller company
5,0
I have worked for Faircape for 4 years. The growth potential is huge and certainly a company where hard work is recognized and acknowledged. I am proud to be part of their world class Healthcare centers. I look forward to an exciting future and career growth within the company. Choosing to work for Faircape was the best decision I have made in my nursing career.
Pros
Appreciation is shown
Cons
Nil
5,0
I've been with the company for nearly 5 year in 3 different areas of Nursing and totally love my job. No day is ever the same, every day brings new and exciting challenges and rewards.
The environment is dynamic, it's fast paced, allowing involvement from all staff wishing to participate. It allowed me to find fulfilment, job satisfaction and the opportunity to feel challenged and to grow. We work within a supportive team, where we are constantly focused on quality improvement, best practice methods, collaboration with our multidisciplinary team members and are striving, daily, to achieve the highest standard of care possible. Thank you Faircape.
5,0
Faircape provides a diverse and professional work environment with a great sense of collaboration and teamwork, always looking for innovative and effective ways to provide service excellence.
Fast paced and challenging, providing employees with opportunities to learn and grow. Management are extremely supportive, and especially during these unprecedented times, providing flexible working arrangements (working from home) when needed.
Pros
Opportunities for growth
4,0
I have worked at Faircape for nearly 14 years and have worked in 4 different departments during my time here and have learnt a lot. Being the big company that it is, allows you to rotate internally and develop skills without having to leave the company!

The environment is fast paced and challenging, but my colleagues are great. It makes coming to work a pleasure everyday.

I am grateful to have worked here for so long and look forward to many more happy years.
5,0
I really enjoyed my time at Faircape.

I worked with a wonderful team. All my colleauges were highly skilled and motivated. We assisted eachother at all times. It is a very fast paced environment, however if you are hard working and a team player, you will thrive in this enviroment.

4,0
My experience at Faircape was exciting and I learned that hard work was recognized and acknowledged! There were many opportunities for growth and it was refreshing to work in such a stimulating environment. Apart from this, I had great colleagues and we had amazing views from our beautiful building in Claremont!
5,0
Working here as been nothing but a good experience. In a short span of time, I have done and learned so much. And the people here are very welcoming and make your transition very easy.
Pros
Great environment and many opportunities.
4,0
Worked at Faircape for just over 8 years (broken service), leaving and returning. Experienced a flexible and supportive management structure that has allowed me to grow in skills and knowledge whilst at the same time being able to start and grow a family. I have found this to be unique. Although not all have necessarily had the same experience as me, I have used my experience to support others.
Pros
Valuable outputs are recognised and rewarded
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Faircape?
4,0
Faircape is a fast-paced and positively challenging company to work for. The Management Team are visionaries and consistently striving to do the best they can. New ideas and deadlines are set regularly which keeps you stimulated and challenged. In the time I have worked for Faircape, I have found management to be very accommodating to my needs as a new mother and open to discussing ways to meet operational needs as well as my personal needs.
5,0
Faircape is a fast paced environment where there's lots of opportunities and growth.

My experience at Faircape has been very exciting and I've learned that hard work is recognized and acknowledged.

In this short period my personal growth and development has been phenomenal. The company recognizes potential in its employees and invests in their growth and development.

I would recommend Faircape to anyone who is looking for a great career opportunity.
Pros
Career opportunities
5,0
Working at Faircape is fast paced and productive. The culture of accountability ensures that we all work to the company motto, committed to excellence.

If you work hard and smart there is room for growth and advancement. Having many different business units helps to leverage off each other and provide support.

The CEO leads from the front and counts on people to be trustful and honest. He has vast experience and I love to learn from him.
Pros
Career growth, support, interesting work
1,0
Very poor culture, staff afraid to have general convo as environment that stiff. Could be due to CEO openly discussing employees poor performance very loud in the open office making if very uncomfortable for the people sitting around him. I am not against a CEO sitting in the open office however meeting rooms are their for these type of discussions. Would not recommend!!!

mentioned they noy
Cons
Ceo very unprofessional. Hr and rest of management is his puppets.
21 July 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to read that this was your experience as a Faircape employee.

Since your employment there have been numerous conversations about employee performance and various procedures implemented in an attempt to encourage employees to perform at an optimal standard.

It is our company policy to give all employees direct feedback as we believe open communication is both fair and constructive. Our CEO and Senior managers will address any concerns and/or mistakes so that an employee has an opportunity to learn and rectify any issues with his / her job performance. This is never done with the intention to make anyone uncomfortable. It is disappointing that the comments made on this forum were not raised by yourself while at the company or stated in your exit interview prior to you leaving.

Faircape considers ourselves to be a well diversified organisation that has the correct individuals in the right positions according to their skillset, knowledge and experience. Your comment that the company needs more managers of colour is misleading as your direct line manager and director are women of colour.
4,0
The village that I worked at had wonderful management. It was a very busy high paced job where no 2 days were the same. Staff were friendly.
It is a five star establishment so we worked to a very high standard which i loved doing.
Want to work at FairCape? , consider that ;

# Good working environments but; the entire work place/s are under constant camera surveillance and conversations are voice recorded.

# Amazing colleges to work with but; micro management of talented staff (by Executive Management) is the order of day.

Also ,

# Inordinately high turnover employees - "staff leave managers & executives not companies"
7 April 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to read your review.
Please note that our camera surveillance is for the intention of security as we have 6 retirement villages with healthcares that have vulnerable residents and patients. We are concerned that this has not been the purpose perceived by yourself the way it has and will ensure this perception is corrected with our current and future staff.

Your remaining feedback will be shared with senior management.
1,0
This company employs some amazing people, but unfortunately, as an employee, you do not get treated very well by the CEO who is extremely involved in every aspect of the business. There is no real next level of management below him. The staff turnover here is incredibly high.

The office feels very tense, everyone is buried in their tasks, trying to make ever changing targets and goals. I would not recommend this environment for someone who has a family. You are expected to answer emails at night, when you are on holiday (this is the norm, not an exception), and a very big emphasis is placed on the amount of hours you spend at the office.

You are constantly compared to others who work until 10pm everyday. This seems to be the only way to get ahead as then you get noticed. The focus should rather be on the quality of your work, not the amount of time you spend in an office.
13 March 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to read your review. Although Faircape does not have a complex hierarchical structure, we have invested in key senior managers as heads of our operational streams, for which they are fully responsible.. No one is expected to work until 10H00 at night.Senior managers are expected to answer urgent emails on matters which fall within their direct responsibility after normal business hours, but these are a rarity and should be no more than three times a year. We have had many of our staff who have been with the company for 20 years or more.They are the responsible ones who prove their reliability every time.
5,0
Each day is somewhat different and unpredictable which means you are constantly learning new legal and business skills. A typical day includes a variety of legal work including giving legal advice, drafting legal opinions and research, problem solving, drafting and vetting agreements, attending various internal meetings and offering legal support to the various Faircape entities.

The management style is direct and managers have high expectations and standards.There is room for growth if you area hard worker and perform well.
1,0
The CEO treats everyone with little to no respect .He tries to micromanage you, but constantly changes the goal posts to make sure you do not meet requirements in order to push you out.

The HR hide and cover up for the CEO , if you step out of line even once in the smallest way or the CEO decides he does agree with you on something, you are instantly offered a 2 month agreement which forces you to sign away your legal rights in order to get you out the door.

In the short time i was there I must have experience a staff turn around of about 7 people leaving each month on average.

I have worked in international corporate companies, and this one by far is the worst. Their expectations are so unrealistic, you are set up to fail before you have even started.

Their salary pay is good. But if you leave within 6 months of your bonus you are required to pay it back, irrespective of how long you have been with the company. Sad when people who leave after many many years are forced to give back what they worked hard to earn.

I would just recommend to stay clear.
7 February 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We are disappointed to hear that this was your experience as a Faircape employee.

Faircape is not in agreement of the allegation that HR forces any signature on an agreement to remove legal rights. We encourage you to contact HR directly to provide feedback on this concerning matter should you be confident that this did take place.

An employee's KPI's are agreed upon at appointment and is used to measure an employee's performance, these do not change without written agreement. There is no record of an employee's probation not being successful due to KPI's changing.
4,0
I have been working at Faircape for almost a year now, I have learned so much working with so many different personalities, skill sets and departments. There are so many different avenues your career could take you within the Faircape Group.

All levels of management have an open door policy, you are welcomed and encouraged to share new ideas and to discuss issues or concerns to better the company and working environment.

If you work hard and maintain a good work ethic you will succeed.
5,0
I have been with the company since 2013 and I have learned an enormous amount from four different divisions of the company - there is definitely room for growth. Faircape is a good company to work for if you put in the effort and produce, you will be rewarded. HR is an open door, the HR manager is always available and willing to listen. I have worked under the CEO for the past 5 years. The office is open plan, the CEO doesn't sit inside an office behind a closed door, he is very involved and is always willing to offer support and advice. The overall support structure of senior management is good, you are definitely not just a number. Like with all companies, there are good days and there are bad days and there are challenges faced.
5,0
Been at Faircape for the past 3 years. I have learnt so much, not only from management, but from other employees within the company. I have learnt new skills within different divisions in the company. Hard work is recognised and rewarded.

There are many growth opportunities within the company. Managements open door policy is great for productivity.

If you are willing to work hard and give 100% it certainly will pay off and you will get paid well for doing your job.

Former administrator, current Manager.