Faircape
3,3 out of 5 stars.

Faircape Employee Reviews

South Africa30 reviews

3,0Work-Life Balance

Challenging but rewarding company to work for with great growth opportunities

Faircape is a good stepping stone in your career. My line manager always had open lines for communication and advocated for my growth within the company.Work life balance was not the greatest but the challenging aspects of the job drives you to perform and strive to better your knowledge and skills.I belief that this company pays their employees very well.I enjoyed my time at Faircape and would recommend this work experience to anyone who would like to grow their skill set.Thank you Faircape.

Pros

growth opportunities

3 September 2021
Dear Group ChefThank you for taking the time to write this review.We appreciate your support and we have acknowledge your remarks.Kind regards,The Faircape Team

Nursing

Please be very careful of this toxic company. The CEO and his HR team will find a way to degrade and destroy you. It all goes about money. You are never good enough. Staff turnover is huge. This is the worst company to work for. At all costs do not fall for their manipulation

Company needs a huge wake up call

I have never been so disrespected before, you are not allowed to have opinions or ideas unless the CEO agrees with you. All staff are fearful of the CEO, everyone walking on eggshells.The beautiful view from the offices or the (great) interview you think you had, nothing is as it seems.My HOD was not interested in anyone else's ideas or new processes on how to streamline work flow, was like speaking to a wall. Staff are not treated well. Avoid, avoid, avoid

Pros

Cons

Toxic

3 September 2021
Dear anonymous reviewer.Thank you for taking the time to highlight your experience and express your personal feelings towards the CEO and HOD.Standards are set very high at the company for all staff and it is very transparent as to what those expectations are, unfortunately not everyone thrives in such an environment.We are happy to report that we have done numerous internal surveys and that the feeling is not mutual as per your comment of "all staff", this is evident in our track record of numerous staff with a tenure of 5+ years of employment across the group, even exceeding 10 and 20 years of service with us.We wish you the very best in your future endeavors.

Toxic culture

In my time at Faircape, the communication with my manager was non existent - he didn't know how to communicate with his staff, despite multiple conversations to try to improve and plan, the manager didn't know how to handle multiple staff members and questions about improving workflow, the hard work was never recognized and even when customers were extremely happy with my work, my manager would never recognize.CEO would often walk over management staff and discuss other staff members out in the office which was highly unprofessional.Staff is constantly on egg shells because the CEO uses cameras to watch people even what they are doing on their computers.Staff has unusually high turnover rate, every month people leave in high volumes as most of my colleagues were leaving the company on an unhappy note.In summary, didn't have a good time at Faircape due to poor management and lack of growth.

3 September 2021
Dear anonymous reviewer:We are really sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time with Faircape. It is rather difficult to address these issues you have highlighted now after all is said and done and we didn't have a chance to try and change things. It would have been beneficial for you to have addressed these issues to HR while you were still employed as we do take employee's concerns seriously. Middle management and senior managers are always looking for more efficient and easier ways to make the company better and will not discard an excellent idea or initiative as that would not make business sense in any regard. Cameras in the office are a security feature and a lot of the staff actually appreciate that they do not have to worry about their personal belongings, this is something positive.We believe that we promote internally when it is deserved and always consider our own first for any potential growth or new opportunities. We wish you the very best in your future endeavors.

Dynamic Company where the CEO leads from the front with his management team

I have worked for Faircape for 4 years. The growth potential is huge and certainly a company where hard work is recognized and acknowledged. I am proud to be part of their world class Healthcare centers. I look forward to an exciting future and career growth within the company. Choosing to work for Faircape was the best decision I have made in my nursing career.

Pros

Appreciation is shown

Cons

Nil

3 September 2021
Dear Valued Healthcare Staff Member Thank you for taking the time to write this review.We appreciate your support and we have acknowledged your remarks.Kind regards,The Faircape Team

Dynamic and focused on quality care.

I've been with the company for nearly 5 year in 3 different areas of Nursing and totally love my job. No day is ever the same, every day brings new and exciting challenges and rewards. The environment is dynamic, it's fast paced, allowing involvement from all staff wishing to participate. It allowed me to find fulfilment, job satisfaction and the opportunity to feel challenged and to grow. We work within a supportive team, where we are constantly focused on quality improvement, best practice methods, collaboration with our multidisciplinary team members and are striving, daily, to achieve the highest standard of care possible. Thank you Faircape.

3 September 2021
Dear Valued Manager Thank you for taking the time to write this review.We appreciate your support and we have acknowledged your remarks.Kind regards,The Faircape Team

Fast paced, challenging - room for growth and great learning opportunities

Faircape provides a diverse and professional work environment with a great sense of collaboration and teamwork, always looking for innovative and effective ways to provide service excellence. Fast paced and challenging, providing employees with opportunities to learn and grow. Management are extremely supportive, and especially during these unprecedented times, providing flexible working arrangements (working from home) when needed.

Pros

Opportunities for growth

3 September 2021
Dear Valued PA / Office Manager Thank you for taking the time to write this review.We appreciate your support and we have acknowledged your remarks.Kind regards,The Faircape Team

Established company with room to grow

I have worked at Faircape for nearly 14 years and have worked in 4 different departments during my time here and have learnt a lot. Being the big company that it is, allows you to rotate internally and develop skills without having to leave the company! The environment is fast paced and challenging, but my colleagues are great. It makes coming to work a pleasure everyday. I am grateful to have worked here for so long and look forward to many more happy years.

3 September 2021
Dear Valued Sales Manager Thank you for taking the time to write this review.We appreciate your support and we have acknowledged your remarks.Kind regards,The Faircape Team

Lovely place to work

I really enjoyed my time at Faircape. I worked with a wonderful team. All my colleauges were highly skilled and motivated. We assisted eachother at all times. It is a very fast paced environment, however if you are hard working and a team player, you will thrive in this enviroment.

3 September 2021
Dear Valued Administrator Thank you for taking the time to write this review.We appreciate your support and we have acknowledged your remarks.Kind regards,The Faircape Team

Dynamic Company!

My experience at Faircape was exciting and I learned that hard work was recognized and acknowledged! There were many opportunities for growth and it was refreshing to work in such a stimulating environment. Apart from this, I had great colleagues and we had amazing views from our beautiful building in Claremont!

3 September 2021

Exciting opportunity and great atmosphere

Working here as been nothing but a good experience. In a short span of time, I have done and learned so much. And the people here are very welcoming and make your transition very easy.

Pros

Great environment and many opportunities.

3 September 2021
Dear Valued Junior IT Support Technician Thank you for taking the time to write this review.We appreciate your support and we have acknowledged your remarks.Kind regards,The Faircape Team

Environment that fosters growth through challenges and diversity

Worked at Faircape for just over 8 years (broken service), leaving and returning. Experienced a flexible and supportive management structure that has allowed me to grow in skills and knowledge whilst at the same time being able to start and grow a family. I have found this to be unique. Although not all have necessarily had the same experience as me, I have used my experience to support others.

Pros

Valuable outputs are recognised and rewarded

3 September 2021

Fast-paced environment. Accommodating management.

Faircape is a fast-paced and positively challenging company to work for. The Management Team are visionaries and consistently striving to do the best they can. New ideas and deadlines are set regularly which keeps you stimulated and challenged. In the time I have worked for Faircape, I have found management to be very accommodating to my needs as a new mother and open to discussing ways to meet operational needs as well as my personal needs.

3 September 2021
Dear Valued Healthcare Training Co-Ordinator Thank you for taking the time to write this review.We appreciate your support and we have acknowledged your remarks.Kind regards,The Faircape Team

Awesome company to work for with endless opportunities !!!

Faircape is a fast paced environment where there's lots of opportunities and growth. My experience at Faircape has been very exciting and I've learned that hard work is recognized and acknowledged. In this short period my personal growth and development has been phenomenal. The company recognizes potential in its employees and invests in their growth and development. I would recommend Faircape to anyone who is looking for a great career opportunity.

Pros

Career opportunities

3 September 2021
Dear Valued IT Support Thank you for taking the time to write this review.We appreciate your support and we have acknowledged your remarks.Kind regards,The Faircape Team

Fast paced, exciting, and lots of future growth

Working at Faircape is fast paced and productive. The culture of accountability ensures that we all work to the company motto, committed to excellence. If you work hard and smart there is room for growth and advancement. Having many different business units helps to leverage off each other and provide support. The CEO leads from the front and counts on people to be trustful and honest. He has vast experience and I love to learn from him.

Pros

Career growth, support, interesting work

3 September 2021
Dear Valued IT Manager Thank you for taking the time to write this review.We appreciate your support and we have acknowledged your remarks.Kind regards,The Faircape Team

Unhealthy Working Environment, Micro managing of staff, perhaps companys needs management of colour!!!

Very poor culture, staff afraid to have general convo as environment that stiff. Could be due to CEO openly discussing employees poor performance very loud in the open office making if very uncomfortable for the people sitting around him. I am not against a CEO sitting in the open office however meeting rooms are their for these type of discussions. Would not recommend!!! mentioned they noy

Cons

Ceo very unprofessional. Hr and rest of management is his puppets.

21 July 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to read that this was your experience as a Faircape employee. Since your employment there have been numerous conversations about employee performance and various procedures implemented in an attempt to encourage employees to perform at an optimal standard. It is our company policy to give all employees direct feedback as we believe open communication is both fair and constructive. Our CEO and Senior managers will address any concerns and/or mistakes so that an employee has an opportunity to learn and rectify any issues with his / her job performance. This is never done with the intention to make anyone uncomfortable. It is disappointing that the comments made on this forum were not raised by yourself while at the company or stated in your exit interview prior to you leaving. Faircape considers ourselves to be a well diversified organisation that has the correct individuals in the right positions according to their skillset, knowledge and experience. Your comment that the company needs more managers of colour is misleading as your direct line manager and director are women of colour.

Very busy diverse company

The village that I worked at had wonderful management. It was a very busy high paced job where no 2 days were the same. Staff were friendly. It is a five star establishment so we worked to a very high standard which i loved doing.

Good Company .... with no career prospects .....

Want to work at FairCape? , consider that ; # Good working environments but; the entire work place/s are under constant camera surveillance and conversations are voice recorded. # Amazing colleges to work with but; micro management of talented staff (by Executive Management) is the order of day. Also , # Inordinately high turnover employees - "staff leave managers & executives not companies"

7 April 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to read your review.Please note that our camera surveillance is for the intention of security as we have 6 retirement villages with healthcares that have vulnerable residents and patients. We are concerned that this has not been the purpose perceived by yourself the way it has and will ensure this perception is corrected with our current and future staff.Your remaining feedback will be shared with senior management.

Great people, poor culture

This company employs some amazing people, but unfortunately, as an employee, you do not get treated very well by the CEO who is extremely involved in every aspect of the business. There is no real next level of management below him. The staff turnover here is incredibly high. The office feels very tense, everyone is buried in their tasks, trying to make ever changing targets and goals. I would not recommend this environment for someone who has a family. You are expected to answer emails at night, when you are on holiday (this is the norm, not an exception), and a very big emphasis is placed on the amount of hours you spend at the office. You are constantly compared to others who work until 10pm everyday. This seems to be the only way to get ahead as then you get noticed. The focus should rather be on the quality of your work, not the amount of time you spend in an office.

13 March 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to read your review. Although Faircape does not have a complex hierarchical structure, we have invested in key senior managers as heads of our operational streams, for which they are fully responsible.. No one is expected to work until 10H00 at night.Senior managers are expected to answer urgent emails on matters which fall within their direct responsibility after normal business hours, but these are a rarity and should be no more than three times a year. We have had many of our staff who have been with the company for 20 years or more.They are the responsible ones who prove their reliability every time.

Good legal and business experience; room for growth and variety of work

Each day is somewhat different and unpredictable which means you are constantly learning new legal and business skills. A typical day includes a variety of legal work including giving legal advice, drafting legal opinions and research, problem solving, drafting and vetting agreements, attending various internal meetings and offering legal support to the various Faircape entities. The management style is direct and managers have high expectations and standards.There is room for growth if you area hard worker and perform well.

Money will not buy happiness

The CEO treats everyone with little to no respect .He tries to micromanage you, but constantly changes the goal posts to make sure you do not meet requirements in order to push you out. The HR hide and cover up for the CEO , if you step out of line even once in the smallest way or the CEO decides he does agree with you on something, you are instantly offered a 2 month agreement which forces you to sign away your legal rights in order to get you out the door. In the short time i was there I must have experience a staff turn around of about 7 people leaving each month on average. I have worked in international corporate companies, and this one by far is the worst. Their expectations are so unrealistic, you are set up to fail before you have even started. Their salary pay is good. But if you leave within 6 months of your bonus you are required to pay it back, irrespective of how long you have been with the company. Sad when people who leave after many many years are forced to give back what they worked hard to earn. I would just recommend to stay clear.

7 February 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We are disappointed to hear that this was your experience as a Faircape employee. Faircape is not in agreement of the allegation that HR forces any signature on an agreement to remove legal rights. We encourage you to contact HR directly to provide feedback on this concerning matter should you be confident that this did take place.An employee's KPI's are agreed upon at appointment and is used to measure an employee's performance, these do not change without written agreement. There is no record of an employee's probation not being successful due to KPI's changing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Faircape. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,0 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance