Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Information from Fairmont Hotels & Resorts:

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

South Africa23 reviews
5,0
I've learned working in a company like Fairmont you really need to be dedicated. Love what you do and go above and beyond for your guests to feel like they are home away from home
3,0
Staff are very focused on customer service and profits. All employees worked well together and ensured excellent Guest experiences.
Product knowledge of the permanent workers are excellent.
3,0
I love the customers I serve and that’s what gets me up in the morning. I have an awesome relationship with my colleagues which makes working here great!
5,0
Good Company to work for , they looked after their staff, they have a great medical aid scheme and also good benefits for the employees, they provide meals .
5,0
Just a day as any other days if you know you know.
How to balance life outside and inside.

Management was okay I guess.

A very tight workplace culture.
3,0
Great Location and great people to work with.
Leisure Hotel with great facilities located within a private estate with a championship golf course. Very exclusive.
Pros
Canteen
Cons
Restricted Access Control
5,0
there was actually no difficult part. it was extremely easy due to the fact that each person employed was given all training required. the management structure was brilliant
Pros
travel allowance
5,0
Fairmont Zimbali Lodge & Resort is a beautiful place to start with heaven in paradise for guests you can unwind and have a peace of mind and it caters for each and every unique individual with Mexican restaurant, Indian restaurant caters for every guest all around the world not forgetting proudly south African theme as you arrive and with beautiful views and the staff its one big happy family you feel at home.
Pros
Free staff Canteen
Cons
Flexible hours
5,0
a luxurious tranquil place where it offers a variety of views of the ocean n the beauty of nature at its best many south African dishes to explore including a international buffet fit for a king to dine of every bit of zimbali is exceptionally lovely
Pros
staff meals were available but poorly prepared
Cons
no medical benefits poor meals
5,0
There are many outlets like swimming pool and a lot of activities golf course and animals it fresh,the kids are also welcome there is some place for nanise to look after children's.
Pros
Good chefs in the Cantins for an awusome meal
Cons
15minutes brakefarst & 1hour lunch
5,0
fairmont hotel is the good place to relax have fine an enjoy the activity sleeping in our luxury rooms befits of free workup call free news paper free golf cuts ,buseness room an all our rooms facing the oceon
Pros
we also have meal allowance
Cons
we also work 8hours a day if its buzzy we work over times
4,0
Makes money and have very good values that one can balance with life, vey exciting with a wonderful people around. Authentic experience filled with sophisticating memories.

A wonderful patriocal location of the sister lodge.

Rooms with a wonderful sea view that everyone is just dieying to be there.

Management seems to know their stuff and have a wonderful daily routine of doing things.
Pros
respect and intergrity
Cons
Long Hours
5,0
I started as a waitress in abt the middle of the year was made a hostess was in charge of answering calls making booking cashing up n worked at in room dinning
Busy constantly
Keep learning everyday

I have a good team so we work well together

Fun, but can be daunting

The working hours

Meeting new people and the new challenges
Pros
Free Lunch and Coffee
Cons
Hours and policies slow processes
3,0
I really enjoyed my time at the Fairmont especially working with my colleagues. I learnt so much from them.Unfortunately I left due to the salary and had high costs of travelling..It was not allowing me to make a sustainable future for my family.
Pros
Discounts at the hotels.
Cons
No overtime, no pension, no medical aid.
4,0
i really did enjoyed working as a waiter since it was my first work experience.i learned how to work with other people and how to treat customers.The management was good.i always had to put a smile on my face to give the best service.Sometimes the guests come with bad behaviors and i always had to stay cool.I mostly enjoyed working if its busy
Pros
free lunches
4,0
Very busy and vibrant environment to work in. I have gained excessive knowledge and experience. Management work with staff and ensure that the job gets done. Fairmont Zimbali is a fast pace environment, you constantly meet and speak to different people on a daily basis.

Beautiful hotel and scenery.
Pros
Team Building, Incentive programes for meeting targets
5,0
Its a good place to work ,especialy to meet people. Learning how to hangle yourself in big environment where you meet diferent kind of individuals.
Pros
We have breakfast, Lunch at 11h00am to 14h00pm and 16h30pm to 17h30pm
Cons
14h00pm to 23h00pm
5,0
It was a stunning environment with best policies for employees to adhere to easily. Fun with its achievement awards and celebrations on a monthly basis which I was full member. The sad part in my career was to always feel bad when an employee is terminated or dismissed for bad behavior.
No employee was carrying lunch boxes as lunch was provided. Even breakfast, employees used to gather at dining hall for breakfast and then start work. Lovely company though.

I used to train line managers in the field of disciplinary. This is a multicultural organization as we had all races, real rainbow nation with best values of unity.
5,0
I enjoyed working at Fairmont Zimbali Resorts. We were given an opportunity to let our personalities shine when interacting with guests, with little interference from management.
Pros
Free Lunches.
Cons
Long, irregular hours.
5,0
very stressful at times, work so many extra which is not paid. Company wants more from you in return for less. Management not motivational. ROTATION OF WORKERS KILLS TEAMWORK. Working of more hours than required then not thanked and not paid.
Pros
free meals
Cons
long unpaid hours
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.
4,2