Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

South Africa24 reviews

3,9Work-Life Balance

Found 24 reviews matching the searchSee all 2 045 reviews

Productive and fun

Working there was amazing, i loved every moment being there Management cared about the staff and thry even provided free breakfast and lunch for the employees

Pros

Free lunch

Productive work place

Staff are very focused on customer service and profits. All employees worked well together and ensured excellent Guest experiences. Product knowledge of the permanent workers are excellent.

Fairmont is an outstanding company

I've learned working in a company like Fairmont you really need to be dedicated. Love what you do and go above and beyond for your guests to feel like they are home away from home

Good

I love the customers I serve and that’s what gets me up in the morning. I have an awesome relationship with my colleagues which makes working here great!

Fun palce to work at

Good Company to work for , they looked after their staff, they have a great medical aid scheme and also good benefits for the employees, they provide meals .

Just a day as any other days if you know you know. How to balance life outside and inside. Management was okay I guess. A very tight workplace culture.

Resort

Great Location and great people to work with. Leisure Hotel with great facilities located within a private estate with a championship golf course. Very exclusive.

Pros

Canteen

Cons

Restricted Access Control

brilliant environment

there was actually no difficult part. it was extremely easy due to the fact that each person employed was given all training required. the management structure was brilliant

Pros

travel allowance

Overal i rate Fairmont as a 5 star

Fairmont Zimbali Lodge & Resort is a beautiful place to start with heaven in paradise for guests you can unwind and have a peace of mind and it caters for each and every unique individual with Mexican restaurant, Indian restaurant caters for every guest all around the world not forgetting proudly south African theme as you arrive and with beautiful views and the staff its one big happy family you feel at home.

Pros

Free staff Canteen

Cons

Flexible hours

overall fun place to work good environment however poor workmanship and performance levels with senior management

a luxurious tranquil place where it offers a variety of views of the ocean n the beauty of nature at its best many south African dishes to explore including a international buffet fit for a king to dine of every bit of zimbali is exceptionally lovely

Pros

staff meals were available but poorly prepared

Cons

no medical benefits poor meals

It a nice holiday place that you can enjoy and never forget about for the rest off your life

There are many outlets like swimming pool and a lot of activities golf course and animals it fresh,the kids are also welcome there is some place for nanise to look after children's.

Pros

Good chefs in the Cantins for an awusome meal

Cons

15minutes brakefarst & 1hour lunch

meeting with vvip sharing some adeas

fairmont hotel is the good place to relax have fine an enjoy the activity sleeping in our luxury rooms befits of free workup call free news paper free golf cuts ,buseness room an all our rooms facing the oceon

Pros

we also have meal allowance

Cons

we also work 8hours a day if its buzzy we work over times

Makes money and have very good values that one can balance with life, vey exciting with a wonderful people around. Authentic experience filled with sophisticating memories. A wonderful patriocal location of the sister lodge. Rooms with a wonderful sea view that everyone is just dieying to be there. Management seems to know their stuff and have a wonderful daily routine of doing things.

Pros

respect and intergrity

Cons

Long Hours

Best place i ever worked at fun and productive

I started as a waitress in abt the middle of the year was made a hostess was in charge of answering calls making booking cashing up n worked at in room dinning

High paced, fun, stressful enviroment

Busy constantly Keep learning everyday I have a good team so we work well together Fun, but can be daunting The working hours Meeting new people and the new challenges

Pros

Free Lunch and Coffee

Cons

Hours and policies slow processes

Exciting and beautiful place

I really enjoyed my time at the Fairmont especially working with my colleagues. I learnt so much from them.Unfortunately I left due to the salary and had high costs of travelling..It was not allowing me to make a sustainable future for my family.

Pros

Discounts at the hotels.

Cons

No overtime, no pension, no medical aid.

fun work place

i really did enjoyed working as a waiter since it was my first work experience.i learned how to work with other people and how to treat customers.The management was good.i always had to put a smile on my face to give the best service.Sometimes the guests come with bad behaviors and i always had to stay cool.I mostly enjoyed working if its busy

Pros

free lunches

Vibrant Environment

Very busy and vibrant environment to work in. I have gained excessive knowledge and experience. Management work with staff and ensure that the job gets done. Fairmont Zimbali is a fast pace environment, you constantly meet and speak to different people on a daily basis. Beautiful hotel and scenery.

Pros

Team Building, Incentive programes for meeting targets

Fairmont Zimbali Lodge & Resort

Its a good place to work ,especialy to meet people. Learning how to hangle yourself in big environment where you meet diferent kind of individuals.

Pros

We have breakfast, Lunch at 11h00am to 14h00pm and 16h30pm to 17h30pm

Cons

14h00pm to 23h00pm

General life at Fairmont Zimbali Lodge and Resort

It was a stunning environment with best policies for employees to adhere to easily. Fun with its achievement awards and celebrations on a monthly basis which I was full member. The sad part in my career was to always feel bad when an employee is terminated or dismissed for bad behavior. No employee was carrying lunch boxes as lunch was provided. Even breakfast, employees used to gather at dining hall for breakfast and then start work. Lovely company though. I used to train line managers in the field of disciplinary. This is a multicultural organization as we had all races, real rainbow nation with best values of unity.

A fun workplace

I enjoyed working at Fairmont Zimbali Resorts. We were given an opportunity to let our personalities shine when interacting with guests, with little interference from management.

Pros

Free Lunches.

Cons

Long, irregular hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 2 045 reviews

3,9 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
4,0 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,9 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,8 out of 5 stars for Management
4,1 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?