Famous Brands

Famous Brands Employee Reviews

South Africa53 reviews

3,6Work-Life Balance

Large company. Fair workload

Company is fun to work in. You get a lot of incentives and benefits depending on the division and the role you take. Good company culture. Salary wasn't that great.

Learnership programme was great

It's a nice place to work. I work there as an intern. The are a lot of benefits and opportunities for growth within the company. You just have to be motivated.

Pros

There are opportunities for growth within the company

Cons

Since I was on an internship we had to write suprise tests to see if we are understanding the work

Very productive and challenging

Will definitely recommend to others , lots of opportunities inside and growth ,Very fun to work there,Goid people to be around, encouraging at the same time. Good and updated system . They looking after their employees

Pros

Activities

Family oriented

Had the best times of my life there actually i have never spend so much time in one company was treated very well .. i still have UNFINISHED business there

Pros

Skills development

Cons

Demanding

Exellent

Famous brand its a good place to work at.it has security no one enters the building without wearing the safety gears.they treat us equally even thought worked for an agent..

Very productive and fun place to be

famousbrands took me from zero to hero , i started at famousbrands when i was general assistance then they gave me a change to train as mechine operator then i have explored to machine operator specialized they gave me opportunity to study that when i became office administrator , it didn't end there they gave me study assistance to study health and safety path after showing interest in heath and safety i got my intro to SAMTRAC but before i can complete SAMTRAC that is when covid 19 starts .

Pros

free lunches

Cons

normal

It was nice working there

People were nice communication from the management not sufficient But enjoyed working with the bu team All the support from the bu guys was there from day 1

productive, learnt a lot,

A typical day at work will be to attend meetings with system suppliers and discuss projects. Then meet with business leads to give updates and recommendations. Support system users and provide training when needed. Ensure that data is recorded correctly in the system and flag possible issues. I have learned that if you give 100% to your work you will receive good results and it is vital to communicate effectively with other team members. Workplace culture was a team of highly motivated professionals. Hardest part of the job was when a business lead does not specify correct business requirements and i needed to do a lot of research before hand. Most enjoyable part was when all departments could perform their daily duties with ease and being productive.

Fun Workplace

Half of the time managers didnt know how to navigate the system due to new migration to Sage, so it made it difficult for them to train staff and to help with queries.

fast paced and competitive

I learned so much with the company had so much growth and experience, the environment was different from my past experience but i had to adapt quickly.

Be ready to be challenged

To work at Famous Brands you need to be able to keep up with the pace, be proficient at stress management and constantly willing to learn and go the extra mile - if you do, you will be rewarded with constant career growth opportunities

Great place to be

Got to wear many hats. A true learning curve indeed. Great culture overall. Enjoyed my time there. I would recommend it for anyone who is willing to learn and develop.

producing rolls

Famous brand was very ineresting and welcoming company even workers they know how to collaborate with each other for the sake of the productive work thats why i enjoyed working there

There was no tips there

It was the best place to be, i would wake up everyday excited to go to the office looking forward to supply the stock it was very exciting working there the management was excellent it was just stressful when we do stocktaking because we were working long hours sometimes but it was a wonderful experience

Great competitive environment.

Depending on where you are working. Management gives you opportunities to excel & explore and master your duties. Lunch is sold at subsidized prices. People are very friendly but do mind their own business.

Good company

You in goid company. Things are going according to paper. Professionalism is on the other level. Staff is so friendly and cooperative. I love the company.

It is very nice working at Famous Brands

It is very nice working at Famous Brands and the pressure is managable the management is too much friendly the money is satisfying and the working hours corresponds with the salary

Good company

It is a good company to work for. You learn a lot about the manufacturing side of the business and get exposed to different views about the industry. Also the employees are very fun people.. Focused and more bubbly.

Great teamwork and fun place to work in

Great Flexibality working environment, computer skills has drastically improved since working for Famous Brands. Also learned extensively how to read management accounts and Excel reports. Culture was hard work, then play hard. Team work was essential as when there where strikes ( warehouse staff ) at the warehouse and trucks still had to be loaded with stock for our franchisees we all were put on rosters to load trucks etc so there was no disruptions in deliveries. Hardest part of the job would be the admin side of the job.

Broad and exciting

It is Broad and exciting and i was given a chance to rote within departments in the company it gave a chance to learn a lot about logistics and operations and they give feedback.

Pros

Free Lunch

Cons

Reasonable hours

productive

famous brands is good company and i was always happy because of my job. it have good management . now i can work with the becouse of famous brands.some how it was dificult to do my work because of lot of work.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Famous Brands. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,6 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance