Famous Brands
3,8 out of 5 stars.

Famous Brands Employee Reviews in Johannesburg, Gauteng

Will definitely recommend to others , lots of opportunities inside and growth ,Very fun to work there,Goid people to be around, encouraging at the same time. Good and updated system . They looking after their employees
Pros
Activities
Cons
You in goid company. Things are going according to paper. Professionalism is on the other level. Staff is so friendly and cooperative. I love the company.
famous brands is good company and i was always happy because of my job. it have good management . now i can work with the becouse of famous brands.some how it was dificult to do my work because of lot of work.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
worked under pressure, management controlled everything, the job was demanding and stressful, but enjoyable. however the demanding nature of the job makes stressful.
Recently i spent over 12 months working for Famous Brands. My time at Famousbrands was the most challenging and the most rewarding period in my career path. The culture of elite performance was most striking to me. The expectations were and are immense! The most valuable lesson I learned through this experience has been one of the most profound almost epiphany type of realisations....that leaders can request almost impossible tasks to be carried out by their teams... and when one requests elite performance...elite support and structures need to be in place. This stance, stemming from an 'employee wellness significantly increases employee  performance' mindset, is the culture at FB!! Continuous and focused well rounded and thought through support structures, not always perfect,  sometimes far from perfect but continously improved upon,day in and day out, year in and year out. Myself and my colleagues felt over worked and under constant pressure,  but we didn't complain and all just constantly tried harder every day. That to me ....is a phenomenon and has forever changed my views on the industry I felt I had mastered having experience in almost all spheres of hospitality, franchising and customer service on 3 continents. Famousbrands leaders are groomed and nurtured to be elite in practice, thought, innovation and behaviour, in turn, bringing out only the best in their subordinates and creating an entire workforce of highly skilled, determined and forward thinking employees. What a company! !!
Pros
Knowledge
Cons
Heavy workload
I love my current job, I love the people i work with. Its defiantly a closely knitted family. Its not the typical corporate company, as me the employee don't feel like a number but i honestly feel apart of the organisation. I start work at 05:30, checking up on the entire network across ALL our sites, then making sure the backups have ran successfully. The general staff starts work at 07:30 and by then I would have resolved most common network or server issues. As the day goes I support the end users with general IT issues and make back-end Infrastructure is running. Working on a server or network outage whiles my boss stands next to me and consistently asking "Is it fixed yet" is generally the hardest part of my job however once all resolved and everybody is happy.. That's when i get the most satisfaction out of my job.
Pros
Vouchers to restaurants owned by the company
Cons
No pay for after hours work
•Management, has no structure espiacially in my department where my region is too big with less petrol allowance.
There was always something to do and even if there was not much given to me i would ask for extra work and those managing me would provide me with the work.
Pros
listened to
Cons
far from home
My current work space requires hard working individuals that definitely require the skill to work under immense pressure and deadlines. If the employees were not a creative, fun, loving bunch of individuals the work space will definitely not be possible to achieve what we do as a team.
Pros
Teambuilding worksops
Cons
High Stress levels
It was second day when there was a strike , we had orders to be produced we had an urgent meeting, from meeting we had to get casual workers to help run the Plant. We got help from the Admin staff . This was a learning point that you must train and get hands on at the same time.We completed orders the next morning before delivery time, I had to inform relevant people about our situation and the response was very heart warming this is the hardest part of the job after resolving the differences everything settled calmly.
Pros
prioritising is the order of the day
Cons
break -downs and meeting targets