Famous Brands
3,8 out of 5 stars.

Famous Brands Culture reviews

A typical day at work will be to attend meetings with system suppliers and discuss projects. Then meet with business leads to give updates and recommendations. Support system users and provide training when needed. Ensure that data is recorded correctly in the system and flag possible issues. I have learned that if you give 100% to your work you will receive good results and it is vital to communicate effectively with other team members. Workplace culture was a team of highly motivated professionals. Hardest part of the job was when a business lead does not specify correct business requirements and i needed to do a lot of research before hand. Most enjoyable part was when all departments could perform their daily duties with ease and being productive.
People were nice communication from the management not sufficient But enjoyed working with the bu team All the support from the bu guys was there from day 1
Got to wear many hats. A true learning curve indeed. Great culture overall. Enjoyed my time there. I would recommend it for anyone who is willing to learn and develop.
Famous brand was very ineresting and welcoming company even workers they know how to collaborate with each other for the sake of the productive work thats why i enjoyed working there
Great Flexibality working environment, computer skills has drastically improved since working for Famous Brands. Also learned extensively how to read management accounts and Excel reports. Culture was hard work, then play hard. Team work was essential as when there where strikes ( warehouse staff ) at the warehouse and trucks still had to be loaded with stock for our franchisees we all were put on rosters to load trucks etc so there was no disruptions in deliveries. Hardest part of the job would be the admin side of the job.
Recently i spent over 12 months working for Famous Brands. My time at Famousbrands was the most challenging and the most rewarding period in my career path. The culture of elite performance was most striking to me. The expectations were and are immense! The most valuable lesson I learned through this experience has been one of the most profound almost epiphany type of realisations....that leaders can request almost impossible tasks to be carried out by their teams... and when one requests elite performance...elite support and structures need to be in place. This stance, stemming from an 'employee wellness significantly increases employee  performance' mindset, is the culture at FB!! Continuous and focused well rounded and thought through support structures, not always perfect,  sometimes far from perfect but continously improved upon,day in and day out, year in and year out. Myself and my colleagues felt over worked and under constant pressure,  but we didn't complain and all just constantly tried harder every day. That to me ....is a phenomenon and has forever changed my views on the industry I felt I had mastered having experience in almost all spheres of hospitality, franchising and customer service on 3 continents. Famousbrands leaders are groomed and nurtured to be elite in practice, thought, innovation and behaviour, in turn, bringing out only the best in their subordinates and creating an entire workforce of highly skilled, determined and forward thinking employees. What a company! !!
Pros
Knowledge
Cons
Heavy workload
Great learning experience and fun to work with the team, had ups and down but great team and challenges well worth it. Was a great opportunity. Kind Regards,
Famous brands is a good company working good with any culture of any person without any hate to anyone and having funny, with no fighting laughing together
Pros
Free tea time
Cons
No hours as your day start at 6am and can finish with late nights. I have learned a lot about the Casual Dine In environment. Co-workers is a very disciplined young group of various cultures who perfected team work. The hardest part is seeing a great restaurant been run incorrectly with no systems in place and definitely the most enjoying part is assisting the same manager running a great operations by coaching, training and being an expert in your field with your knowledge.
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
Admin can get too much and keep you from assisting restaurants
The job overall was a great experience co-workers and managers where all highly diligent and helpful within the network. hardest part of the job is the build up to new store openings most enjoyable was the traveling and getting to meet new business partners.
Pros
occasional lunches and get togethers
Cons
long hours and administration
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Famous Brands?
Hi , Working for my previous employer was very empowering and offered me loads of experience for my new endovours facing me in my near future. We have a greatly culture and fast pace working environment.
Pros
Learning and training
Cons
Communication
I Learned that people skills and communication is the core of any good work relationship with fellow workers. Time management is of critical value daily to ensure that you get through your day. The hardest part of my job was not doing my job properly and to my fullest potential, everyday was an enjoyable day at work as the environment was friendly and save. Co-workers are caring and do take interest in you as a person. I learned that my co-workers was trustworthy and supportive everyday. Management had an open door policy you were welcome to see your manager at any given time, management did also take pride in knowing their personnel personally.
Pros
Growth champions every month where you get rewarded
Cons
No December vacations
Team work was key to obtaining our goals. Motivating staff goes a long way to keep staff loyal. Long hours during peak season was necessary and most individuals did so without being asked. The volume of work required was a little unmanageable. Mingling with fellow employees at year end and team building functions.
Pros
Stability
Cons
U don't know what to expect which makes it intresting. I have learnt to delegate instead of carrying all the job on my shoulder. management, top class always supportive and listening to omes opinion. Hardest part of the job, trying to satisfy everyone(customers) especialy since customer is always right. the most enjoyable part of my job- coming up with solutions.
Pros
staff braai
Cons
helping other department all the time.
There was always something to do and even if there was not much given to me i would ask for extra work and those managing me would provide me with the work.
Pros
listened to
Cons
far from home
- Work is from 7-4:30 -Fun enviroment/ great team - typical morning starts with taste sessions and discussion of products - looking at micro and analytical results -monitoring staff members (managing) -the most enjoyable part of my job is when we participate in proficiency testing and we get a good set of results, this shows the commitment and steady work of the team
Pros
Never boring, there is always work to keep you busy
Cons
Dealing with franchisees locality marketing Dealing with advertising agency Advising franchisees on how to increase their turnover Ensuring that that in store POS is compliant with brand plans I learned a lot about relationship management for successful business transactions My co workers were very supportive and team work and goal oriented.
Cons
Sunday work.
My current work space requires hard working individuals that definitely require the skill to work under immense pressure and deadlines. If the employees were not a creative, fun, loving bunch of individuals the work space will definitely not be possible to achieve what we do as a team.
Pros
Teambuilding worksops
Cons
High Stress levels