Famous Brands
3,8 out of 5 stars.

Famous Brands Management reviews

To work at Famous Brands you need to be able to keep up with the pace, be proficient at stress management and constantly willing to learn and go the extra mile - if you do, you will be rewarded with constant career growth opportunities
People were nice communication from the management not sufficient But enjoyed working with the bu team All the support from the bu guys was there from day 1
It was the best place to be, i would wake up everyday excited to go to the office looking forward to supply the stock it was very exciting working there the management was excellent it was just stressful when we do stocktaking because we were working long hours sometimes but it was a wonderful experience
Depending on where you are working. Management gives you opportunities to excel & explore and master your duties. Lunch is sold at subsidized prices. People are very friendly but do mind their own business.
It is very nice working at Famous Brands and the pressure is managable the management is too much friendly the money is satisfying and the working hours corresponds with the salary
Great Flexibality working environment, computer skills has drastically improved since working for Famous Brands. Also learned extensively how to read management accounts and Excel reports. Culture was hard work, then play hard. Team work was essential as when there where strikes ( warehouse staff ) at the warehouse and trucks still had to be loaded with stock for our franchisees we all were put on rosters to load trucks etc so there was no disruptions in deliveries. Hardest part of the job would be the admin side of the job.
famous brands is good company and i was always happy because of my job. it have good management . now i can work with the becouse of famous brands.some how it was dificult to do my work because of lot of work.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
worked under pressure, management controlled everything, the job was demanding and stressful, but enjoyable. however the demanding nature of the job makes stressful.
Modern day company to work, management and staff are always willing to assists with both work and social being.My job was fair with a bit of challenges upon month end stock take period. Deadline needed to be met at all times.
Typical day-HR Generalist work eg. Recruitment, performance management, disciplinary issues, assistance/guidance to employees and management, reporting, meetings. I learned a lot about the food manufacturing and franchising. The Management at Famous Brands were a pleasure to work with. I worked in a team of terrific co workers The hardest part of my job was the fact that we grew by 652 employees since I joined and I was working generally from 6h30 to 6pm so there was very little work/life balance. (I would like to stress I don't mind working overtime when there is a need, however the hours I was working were continuous) The most enjoyable part of my job was the satisfaction I got from problem solving on a daily basis.
Pros
Subsidised canteen, performance bonus, 20 days leave, provident and med aid
Cons
50/50 easy and hard days. Experience is golden. Management hold the value of one's future. Too far from my hometown. The pay-off line is "You In Good Company" this could be true only if the managers could just manage and stop being power hungry and irrational. Favouritism is the order of the day and the more bud you kiss, the better will be your chance of being promoted.
Pros
Exposure to new frontiers.
Cons
Long driving distances, no tranfers to other regions closer to home.
early morning coffee and smoke break first before you start the day. Jokes and good conversation. Never involve your personal life at work and never get too close. there should be limits. work is work and do not take things personally too. Management is fun, as long as your work gets done. There's time for work and a little bit time for play too. The hardest part is when I have to say NO to colleagues even clients as I am always willing to help out and assist wherever I am able too. But when I have too I get it done. The most enjoyable pert, building good relationships with clients, getting my work done at the end of the day with a smile.. and the good fun conversation amongst the colleagues. It is has been the best place to work at and my first long term job ever. Yet I feel I need to move on and experience other environments and personalities and opportunities.
Pros
Cons
long hours for sure..
I Learned that people skills and communication is the core of any good work relationship with fellow workers. Time management is of critical value daily to ensure that you get through your day. The hardest part of my job was not doing my job properly and to my fullest potential, everyday was an enjoyable day at work as the environment was friendly and save. Co-workers are caring and do take interest in you as a person. I learned that my co-workers was trustworthy and supportive everyday. Management had an open door policy you were welcome to see your manager at any given time, management did also take pride in knowing their personnel personally.
Pros
Growth champions every month where you get rewarded
Cons
No December vacations
•Management, has no structure espiacially in my department where my region is too big with less petrol allowance.
U don't know what to expect which makes it intresting. I have learnt to delegate instead of carrying all the job on my shoulder. management, top class always supportive and listening to omes opinion. Hardest part of the job, trying to satisfy everyone(customers) especialy since customer is always right. the most enjoyable part of my job- coming up with solutions.
Pros
staff braai
Cons
helping other department all the time.
Dealing with franchisees locality marketing Dealing with advertising agency Advising franchisees on how to increase their turnover Ensuring that that in store POS is compliant with brand plans I learned a lot about relationship management for successful business transactions My co workers were very supportive and team work and goal oriented.
Cons
Sunday work.
A day at famous brands will always start with laughter and openness. You will start a fresh and forget what happend the previous day and focus on current on hand situations and you know that wont be dealing with issues on your own as there is always some one at hand. Management are always on the go and ready for new challenges and you always gets the feeling of exiting programms or challenges for the future.Fellow crue members are very friendly peolple to work with and of cause there will be days that you would rather not like to remember,but every organitation has its ups and downs. The hardest part of this jod is the daily demand and keeping up with changes that is rappid and unexpected,but we always manage . The most enjoyable moment of this job is that i work with staff that is always on the look for improvements and helping to get the job done.
Pros
braais and coming together
Cons
Long ours